Malek without Zaalbar?

Prev1
Mosjedi
9 posts Member
edited April 2019
Gear 12+ zzzJKR basti zJoelle, Gear 12 Mission, Gear 11.9 t3 ... no zaalbar

God mods (6 dot plus 140 speed on all)

I can’t beat this event and need advice it’s been 7 hours and I can’t deal enough damage to move him past yellow. He just eats me and regens

Any advice would be welcome

@CG_Carrie and @SB_Crumb

I spent about $3000 this year on JKR DR , Gear etc. (I’m impatient) and a I’m a true whale. I’m no longer spending $ on another vault for Zal because I don’t feel it’s fare to tune an event where you require his Armor Shred or you can’t win. I’ll be out of this game in 2 days if I can’t get through this as I feel I’ve spent enough, been dedicated enough and with god mods and Zetas have more than enough for this event

Any help please ?

Replies

• Yeah I don’t want to quit... but I can help but spend... I just feel they have **** it out now... I have a ridiculous roster this shouldn’t be so hard it’s not doable without Zalbaar
  • You have Zaalbar. Otherwise you wouldn't have Kevan. What's your Zaalbar at? Should be possible to get him to the threshold in time.
    Still not a he.
  • @Mosjedi hi mosjedi, i know exactly how you feel!

i struggled 6/7 hours with my light side revan. fast i stopped counting the tries...
    only frustrating!
    in my eyes this event was too difficult. ok, the event should be hard, but playing around a whole day is too long.
    and i fear, some player, who have the heroes, will not unlock malak.

perhaps i can bring a little hope: i did it with mission, without zaalbar.

unfortunately i cannot give advice, i attacked and once malak was dead...

wish you good nerves, luck and rng to unlock darth revan.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Well I’m in a similar situation. Can’t seem to get the dps output high enough without having armor shred. Well what’s the point of saying any 4 toons if you need specific toons?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    JasFonz wrote: »
    Well I’m in a similar situation. Can’t seem to get the dps output high enough without having armor shred. Well what’s the point of saying any 4 toons if you need specific toons?
    Just because there are easier and harder lineups doesn't mean you need 4 specific toons. It's been done without Mission. It's been done without Zaalbar. It's been done without T3.
    Still not a he.
  • Why would you get Mission up without Zaalbar? It's just not logical
  • Why would you get Mission up without Zaalbar? It's just not logical

Cause he upgrades all the babes
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Why would you get Mission up without Zaalbar? It's just not logical
    Who knows? He might've been working on gearing Mission and Zaalbar, and after he was done with Mission, he switched to Zaalbar but some event or something came up that required him to put Zaalbar on hold and work on someone else. This game is moving very fast lately and its hard to keep up
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    JasFonz wrote: »
    Just because there are easier and harder lineups doesn't mean you need 4 specific toons. It's been done without Mission. It's been done without Zaalbar. It's been done without T3.

Without Zaalbar it's just try hundreds of times and pray. The strategy is totally dependent on him. He is the key to beating it.

You aren't required to have certain teams to beat top meta arena squads either. You're free to use Jawas to try if you'd like. But what would your success rate be? Probably the same as trying to get Malak without Zaalbar.
  • MALAK NO "E"
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    Why would you get Mission up without Zaalbar? It's just not logical

Cause he upgrades all the babes
    How do you know Zaalbar isn't a Wookie babe under all that fur? ;)
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    My guild mate just did it with out Salad Bar. Here is what he said:

"I just keep killing droids as fast as i can used JKR's aoe when everytime it was able to use that hits all pods at same time also used foces on pods get them killed ASAP used foces on droids to after pods where down. Mission used only on droids give them buffs duz loads of dmg.
    Made sure toons have as much offence the harder they hit the better thats why i put GMY offence mods on Jolee his health mods just did'nt cut it.
    & for T3 just used him to get rid of buffs shoots when there were no buffs to remove."
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Ok well I don’t like the Wookiee and malak can be beaten without zaalbar l12locvthgk8.jpeg
  • First I have Darth Malak. Second, I love how hard this event was. No one, I mean no one should just pay for a character this powerful. This post makes it sound like us pay to play are entitled. We don't deserve anything. Everyone who gets Malak will have had to go through the same ordeal. It's either welcome to the fraternity or better luck next time. Fair is fair.
  • Your right we don’t. And I am not mandated to spend and won’t be again.

Their revenue is dropping and they will continue he to force spenders to spend more as people leave. That’s $700 a month they lose now. I doubt they are gain people spending that each day
  • _Reaper_
    109 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    You could try to time Revan's AOE in a way that it will take him down to less than 50% health and TM swap to T3, then use T3 to reduce Malak's TM. That might not help much though.

Maybe also try Mission's second skill just before getting Malak below 50% health, so that he won't heal back immediately.
  • I was able to pull it off with a g10 zaalbar, his gearing past g10 is over 100$ alone.. getting all 4 pods to the tiniest sliver of health and then using either zaalbar or revans aoe to kill all 4 (pref zaalbar since it does less damage and has less risk in bringing him past the threshold and absorbing and healing) when I was finally able to time it right I was able to push him past 50% before his second drain life, and once that happend he was not able to catch back up especially with revan increasing his cooldowns. It was actually a very very smooth win and only zaalbar died right st the end
  • DarthMyself
    106 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Yeah...

1) I don't know why we all need to know how much you spent on a mobile game this year.

2) Why would anyone care if you uninstalled the game because you can't get the new shiny toy?

3) why does it seem by your tagging Carrie and Crumb, that you are desperately trying to use the entitlement card of "I paid some money this year" therefore I am entitled to get any new thing even if I don't meet the requirements?
  • I haven't paid money in 3 years. I'm happy to be patient, but not when even you've gotten your chars jacked up you still get your head kicked in ad infinitum, ala the CHewbacca and 3P0 events. Hopefully the Malak one when I finally do it will be something that I won't be screaming at.
  • Yeah...

1) I don't know why we all need to know how much you spent on a mobile game this year.

2) Why would anyone care if you uninstalled the game because you can't get the new shiny toy?

3) why does it seem by your tagging Carrie and Crumb, that you are desperately trying to use the entitlement card of "I paid some money this year" therefore I am entitled to get any new thing even if I don't meet the requirements?

Because I am... ? When you spend that $ you expect some fairness. If s developer or any business for that matters is not interested as to why a customer leaves they are not s good business

I’m sorry you disagree but I don’t feel that is your place in the least
  • It seems pretty fair to me.

Beat the event, get the character. Don't beat the event, don't get the character. Whether you spend one dollar or a million.
    Still not a he.
  • Draeth
    33 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Did it with G12 Mission, G11+4 T3-M4, G11+3 Bastila.

Re-mod Revan for maximum Offense and Speed, and everyone else for maximum Protection and Speed. Avoid giving anyone Health mods, mods with Health primaries, or mods with good Health secondaries. I'm a 10-month player and I don't spend much, I'm sure your mods are way, way better than mine.

Focus all your damage on the droids while there are any active unless Malak is enraged or will enrage before you can kill the next one. When there are none active, kill the Stasis pods. Do not touch Malak until all the Stasis pods are gone, then burn him down.

Took me 45 minutes.
  • Draeth
    33 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Draeth wrote: »
    Did it with G12 Mission, G11+4 T3-M4, G11+3 Bastila.

Re-mod Revan for maximum Offense and Speed, and everyone else for maximum Protection and Speed. Avoid giving anyone Health mods, mods with Health primaries, or mods with good Health secondaries. I'm a 10-month player and I don't spend much, I'm sure your mods are way, way better than mine.

Focus all your damage on the droids while there are any active unless Malak is enraged or will enrage before you can kill the next one. When there are none active, kill the Stasis pods. Do not touch Malak until all the Stasis pods are gone, then burn him down.

Took me 45 minutes.

Now that I know it's possible. Here goes my Saturday night, lol. Thanks for posting!

Good luck!
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Hikari wrote: »
    My guild mate just did it with out Salad Bar. Here is what he said:

"I just keep killing droids as fast as i can used JKR's aoe when everytime it was able to use that hits all pods at same time also used foces on pods get them killed ASAP used foces on droids to after pods where down. Mission used only on droids give them buffs duz loads of dmg.
    Made sure toons have as much offence the harder they hit the better thats why i put GMY offence mods on Jolee his health mods just did'nt cut it.
    & for T3 just used him to get rid of buffs shoots when there were no buffs to remove."

By chance, did Mission have a zeta? I've been messing with my offense mods trying something similar.

Missions zeta would not do anything without salad bar
  • Zahlbar means payable in German. Just saying. If you can't go it without him, you know what to do.