The Road Ahead: 4/10/19 [MEGA]

Replies

• I hope you're right but I won't hold my breath. A JKA rework would be good AS A STAND ALONE. He is a joke now and that is a slap in the face of canon. But I wouldn't put it past them to have a Clone Wars General Skywalker in the works as a new tank like Baze, bullet bag, That can attack well etc. And Ahsoka walked away from the Jedi Order. Why invest time in a short lived trio? As I understand it, the new Clone Wars is to wrap up, and only one season if even.

He's not that bad. I use him in GA with Bastila Ahsoka Hermit Barriss and they do pretty well. They are all g12, though.

He needs a zeta to Righteous Fury, that debuffs are something. Better still, have the damage it does magnify if the target or targets are debuffed already.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    So with a confirmed rework of the trio and a potential rework of Clones. Which one of the following teams do you think really reflects the heart of The Clone Wars?

Kenobi, Anakin, Ashoka, Cody, and Rex or Kenobi, Anakin, Ahsoka, Plo Koon, and Rex.

Personally, I lean towards the later, but I'd enjoy some input. Because I am totally going to rock one of those teams in GA/TW once the updates go live.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    So with a confirmed rework of the trio and a potential rework of Clones. Which one of the following teams do you think really reflects the heart of The Clone Wars?

Kenobi, Anakin, Ashoka, Cody, and Rex or Kenobi, Anakin, Ahsoka, Plo Koon, and Rex.

Personally, I lean towards the later, but I'd enjoy some input. Because I am totally going to rock one of those teams in GA/TW once the updates go live.

Kenobi, Anakin, Ashoka, Cody and Rex seems to me like the iconic team for the Animated Series.

Although if they are doing prequel characters as well, R2, C3PO and Padme should be worked into one these teams with Kenobi and Anakin. Just like CLS, Han, Cheiwe, R2 and C3PO.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ki-Adi Mundi should be released in Wicket / MT style event called “The droid attack on Wookiee”
    They explicitly said that they would never do those types of events again for new characters, so that will most likely not happen.
  • Hopefully Kit, Plo, Mace, Qui-Gon, Lumi, Ima, and Eeth get reworked along with JKA, GK, and Ahsoka.
  • I want more characters, but only released to me first, and not to anyone else because I need to be better than the people who pay to play this game and it isn't fair that you release the characters as marquees but I'm also unhappy that you aren't releasing enough characters by marquees anymore because there is no diversity any more in the meta and I really begged for Revan to come into the game but now I'm sick of him and I want to get rid of him and don't want to have any more KOTOR stuff that I begged for the last few years and this game really sucks because Ima Gun Di hasn't been updated in like forever, and we need better Clone Wars content because the current KOTOR meta that I begged for is really boring.

I want a new territory battle map but I can't believe it will only be available once a month because you also have to do the old territory battles and I want those maps retired but not too quickly because I really need to still get a lot of the rewards from the old maps and I'm going to be really angry and quit again if you get rid of the old maps too quickly before I can get all of the achievements.

I want new ways to play the game against other players but the grand arena championship is really stupid because it will take too long. You should come out with a game play mode where I get to choose who I want to fight because otherwise it isn't fun or fair that I don't win every round but don't make it too easy to win every round or it is going to be really boring and I'm going to quit again and I don't like that you count mods in galactic power when I mod really bad characters like Ima Gun Di who really need to be reworked and I know I can just take the mods off of him because I don't use him but that is too hard to do because mod changing is really hard because I asked for mod management but it isn't good enough because I can't just wave my hands and all of the mods go exactly where I want them and I don't understand how you can't listen to the fan base and just make mod management like waving your hands around which should be really easy to do because even though I'm not a computer programmer I have an iPhone and if you talk to it it does stuff so you should be able to do that in this game too.

I really wanted you to do road ahead posts on a timely basis but not the road ahead you just posted because it didn't have what I wanted in it and I don't understand how you say you could be listening to your fan base if I didn't get what I wanted because I'm the biggest fan who has been playing since 2013, even though the game wasn't out yet, and then I quit in 2016, 2017 and 2018, but only for the evening because I really didn't quit and just said I was quitting because if I say I'm quitting maybe you'll do really good things like fix Ima Gun Di and then I don't have to say I'm quitting anymore because I really won't quit because I play the game every day for hours at a time but you don't know that and sometimes I post under different names because if more people say they will quit you'll change the game and make it free to play and update only the characters and events that I say you should update so I'll be better than my shard mates who cheat anyway and were able to get JKR with one star characters even though all the characters were released at 3 stars. I deserve my money back because of that, even though I just said I was free to play, I just spend a few hundred dollars a month, and not on anything important anyway, and I should really get my money back anyway which would make me technically free to play, sort of retroactively.

Back to the road ahead, I'm really disappointed that you didn't lay out every change you are doing for the next 5 years but you won't have five years because everyone is quitting because you made that Revan event so hard for me, and if I can't do it then nobody can do it and so the game is just going to crash and burn because I'm going to quit. And you said you are going to refund everyone their zetas for every rework even though you didn't say that, I sort of believe that's what you meant but that isn't enough I also want all of the other materials returned to me. And the road ahead needs to be done every month and I need enough notice to play every game mode because I want every character the first week it comes out but don't want it to be possible for other people to get the characters because I need to place first in Arena because I need the crystals because I'm free to play and you won't refeund the crystals I used to buy Old Daka's zeta three years ago even though it only came out a year ago.

The puzzle you just put out on Malak was so lame because I knew before you even put out the puzzle that the answer was going to be Malak because I saw that at the end of the Darth Revan event even though I said I couldn't get him last time because I didn't have all of my characters 7* I really did see it because I actually accidentally spent $300 to upgrade each character so I could get Darth Revan who isn't good enough to beat Jedi Revan in 30 seconds which I would then have to complain about because Darth Revan would be the meta and everyone would have him and no meta diversity is really bad. I don't actually need to theory craft because even before I see the kit I know what the character is going to be able to do and after I see the kit I really know it, even if i don't actually know it, I tell you I know it and I know it isn't going to be good enough to beat Jedi Revan, and it sucks that you redid HK-47 because it made Greivous useless and the rest of the droid faction might as well just be erased from the game.

And if you don't update Ima Gun Di, I'm quitting because he was obviously the most important character in the entire SW Universe even though he was only in one scene in one movie and most people missed him but he is really important and impacted the entire universe and if he doesn't have synergy with Mace Windu then the whole game is just wack.

I really hate when people complain on these boards.

Long live Ima Gun Di!!
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Droideka wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ki-Adi Mundi should be released in Wicket / MT style event called “The droid attack on Wookiee”
    They explicitly said that they would never do those types of events again for new characters, so that will most likely not happen.
    Did they? I thought they said the 2 year farm exclusivity they would avoid and look into it again

I mean, the events are fine if they follow the marquee release structure, Ki-Adi goes into shipments after 4-6 weeks after the event goes live and then on F2P node in another 4-6 weeks
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Gul_Ski73 wrote: »
    I want more characters, but only released to me first, and not to anyone else because I need to be better than the people who pay to play this game and it isn't fair that you release the characters as marquees but I'm also unhappy that you aren't releasing enough characters by marquees anymore because there is no diversity any more in the meta and I really begged for Revan to come into the game but now I'm sick of him and I want to get rid of him and don't want to have any more KOTOR stuff that I begged for the last few years and this game really sucks because Ima Gun Di hasn't been updated in like forever, and we need better Clone Wars content because the current KOTOR meta that I begged for is really boring.

I want a new territory battle map but I can't believe it will only be available once a month because you also have to do the old territory battles and I want those maps retired but not too quickly because I really need to still get a lot of the rewards from the old maps and I'm going to be really angry and quit again if you get rid of the old maps too quickly before I can get all of the achievements.

I want new ways to play the game against other players but the grand arena championship is really stupid because it will take too long. You should come out with a game play mode where I get to choose who I want to fight because otherwise it isn't fun or fair that I don't win every round but don't make it too easy to win every round or it is going to be really boring and I'm going to quit again and I don't like that you count mods in galactic power when I mod really bad characters like Ima Gun Di who really need to be reworked and I know I can just take the mods off of him because I don't use him but that is too hard to do because mod changing is really hard because I asked for mod management but it isn't good enough because I can't just wave my hands and all of the mods go exactly where I want them and I don't understand how you can't listen to the fan base and just make mod management like waving your hands around which should be really easy to do because even though I'm not a computer programmer I have an iPhone and if you talk to it it does stuff so you should be able to do that in this game too.

I really wanted you to do road ahead posts on a timely basis but not the road ahead you just posted because it didn't have what I wanted in it and I don't understand how you say you could be listening to your fan base if I didn't get what I wanted because I'm the biggest fan who has been playing since 2013, even though the game wasn't out yet, and then I quit in 2016, 2017 and 2018, but only for the evening because I really didn't quit and just said I was quitting because if I say I'm quitting maybe you'll do really good things like fix Ima Gun Di and then I don't have to say I'm quitting anymore because I really won't quit because I play the game every day for hours at a time but you don't know that and sometimes I post under different names because if more people say they will quit you'll change the game and make it free to play and update only the characters and events that I say you should update so I'll be better than my shard mates who cheat anyway and were able to get JKR with one star characters even though all the characters were released at 3 stars. I deserve my money back because of that, even though I just said I was free to play, I just spend a few hundred dollars a month, and not on anything important anyway, and I should really get my money back anyway which would make me technically free to play, sort of retroactively.

Back to the road ahead, I'm really disappointed that you didn't lay out every change you are doing for the next 5 years but you won't have five years because everyone is quitting because you made that Revan event so hard for me, and if I can't do it then nobody can do it and so the game is just going to crash and burn because I'm going to quit. And you said you are going to refund everyone their zetas for every rework even though you didn't say that, I sort of believe that's what you meant but that isn't enough I also want all of the other materials returned to me. And the road ahead needs to be done every month and I need enough notice to play every game mode because I want every character the first week it comes out but don't want it to be possible for other people to get the characters because I need to place first in Arena because I need the crystals because I'm free to play and you won't refeund the crystals I used to buy Old Daka's zeta three years ago even though it only came out a year ago.

The puzzle you just put out on Malak was so lame because I knew before you even put out the puzzle that the answer was going to be Malak because I saw that at the end of the Darth Revan event even though I said I couldn't get him last time because I didn't have all of my characters 7* I really did see it because I actually accidentally spent $300 to upgrade each character so I could get Darth Revan who isn't good enough to beat Jedi Revan in 30 seconds which I would then have to complain about because Darth Revan would be the meta and everyone would have him and no meta diversity is really bad. I don't actually need to theory craft because even before I see the kit I know what the character is going to be able to do and after I see the kit I really know it, even if i don't actually know it, I tell you I know it and I know it isn't going to be good enough to beat Jedi Revan, and it sucks that you redid HK-47 because it made Greivous useless and the rest of the droid faction might as well just be erased from the game.

And if you don't update Ima Gun Di, I'm quitting because he was obviously the most important character in the entire SW Universe even though he was only in one scene in one movie and most people missed him but he is really important and impacted the entire universe and if he doesn't have synergy with Mace Windu then the whole game is just wack.

Long live Ima Gun Di!!

https://youtu.be/P-FNW_uBjVo
    Sorry I'm kinda excited for Clone Wars content.

Ima Gun Di saved Hera Syndulla's father (and maybe her in video) who led Phoenix who found and trained Ezra, Stole Y Wings and Ion Bombs which, in the Naval Battle of Scarif, disabled a Star Destroyer which allowed the Rebels to steal the Death Star plans, which allowed them to destroy Death Star I, saving the galaxy. She also help train Hobby and Wedge who participated in the Battle.

Phoenix also reconnected with Ahsoka, who together Kanan and Ezra prevented Vader from getting a Doomsday Sith Holocron, saving the Galaxy.

Phoenix also reconnected with Rex, who helped lead the Rebel Strike team on Endor, bringing down the shield, while in space the Rebels attacked and Wedge destroyed the secondary generator, Destroying the Death Star II, saving the Galaxy for a third time.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Perdogie wrote: »
    CC-2224 “Cody”
    Order 66 (Special)
    Cooldown-66

This ability starts on cooldown. Instantly defeat all enemy and allied Jedi. Jedi defeated this way cannot be revived.
    Reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1 whenever a Clone assists.

😇

Except gmy , if hes on the enemy team all clones instantly die
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    What about new challenge levels, ship raid? Updating stores with better chars? Putting and keeping the battle number at 8 attempts for shards? The arena stuff is boring, TW is boring. Look at the participation. No one wants to do it. I for one never participate in the grand arena if my opponent has a char that I know I cannot beat. Like example Revan. If I see Revan is one of my opponents I just do not attack at all. What’s the point when I know I cannot win? Only put players against other players that have the same level of chars. Cannot base it off of just overall gp number
    Post edited by Skywalker_Vader1 on
  • So I'm gonna assume that this will be attached to all darth revan and Jedi revan weekends like we get for legendary toons like R2-D2?

if so, thats cool.

If so.... Will we get one for Luke and Rey's journey events?

Also, if you get a 7 star Malak, will this be reoccurring with new rewards and/or shards?
  • I want more characters, but only released to me first, and not to anyone else because I need to be better than the people who pay to play this game and it isn't fair that you release the characters as marquees but I'm also unhappy that you aren't releasing enough characters by marquees anymore because there is no diversity any more in the meta and I really begged for Revan to come into the game but now I'm sick of him and I want to get rid of him and don't want to have any more KOTOR stuff that I begged for the last few years and this game really sucks because Ima Gun Di hasn't been updated in like forever, and we need better Clone Wars content because the current KOTOR meta that I begged for is really boring.

Crumb, is that you?

His best puzzle yet.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    As suggested above... We have the highly anticipated Malak that is coming. HMF is coming tgt with the event...

It is almost half way through April... So where is the Clone wars Contend? What does the login reward mean?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Looooki wrote: »
    It is almost half way through July...
    mSIOfah.gif
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »
    It is almost half way through July...
    mSIOfah.gif

Haha sorry mate, I meant April 🤣🤣🤣
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Ephran wrote: »
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Can't wait for TCW content! And since Solo 1 year anniversary is May, thank you for Beckett! ;)

IMHO:

Needs: Gregor, Wulff, KiAdiMundi, Quinlan Vos. Not sure what the Geo TB map would be, but the cave where Ki-Adi went all crazy on the bugs while he was half dead would be a nice addition. "Landing at Point Rain" is the episode. And "Missing in Action" for Gregor... ;) Kill for Krell and an Umbara battle stage:

I know y'all got it. Whatever you do I am stoked!

Sounds like kotor part 2 (no idea who any of them are).

no, no, it's canon

Who’s he then? Guy with a big gun?

If you don't know who Ki-Adi-Mundi is you probably shouldn't be playing this game.

Mundi is Latin for Monday. That’s all I know about that.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Lio wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    Can't wait for TCW content! And since Solo 1 year anniversary is May, thank you for Beckett! ;)

IMHO:

Needs: Gregor, Wulff, KiAdiMundi, Quinlan Vos. Not sure what the Geo TB map would be, but the cave where Ki-Adi went all crazy on the bugs while he was half dead would be a nice addition. "Landing at Point Rain" is the episode. And "Missing in Action" for Gregor... ;) Kill for Krell and an Umbara battle stage:

no, no, it's canon

If you don't know who Ki-Adi-Mundi is you probably shouldn't be playing this game.

While I agree that Ki-Adi-Mundi is a baller.... that's a bit elitist of you to say, don't you think?

Not really. If he was a character not found in the original 8(soon to be 9) movies he might have a point. He'd really have a point if the character was from movie 4,5,6

So you expect casual SW fans who liked the movies to know the names of Bossk, Kit Fisto, Logray? Most of these characters (like Ki Adi Mundi) never have their names ever mentioned in the films.

Bossk is mentioned in the recent star war movie....
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »

IMHO:

no, no, it's canon

While I agree that Ki-Adi-Mundi is a baller.... that's a bit elitist of you to say, don't you think?

Not really. If he was a character not found in the original 8(soon to be 9) movies he might have a point. He'd really have a point if the character was from movie 4,5,6

So you expect casual SW fans who liked the movies to know the names of Bossk, Kit Fisto, Logray? Most of these characters (like Ki Adi Mundi) never have their names ever mentioned in the films.

Bossk is mentioned in the recent star war movie....

Mostly as fan service.
  • Hahahaha CG/EA. So you didn't like all the bad feedback on the Malak event megathread and you have closed it?

hahahahah ahahahahah hahahah hahahahah
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Wanna make money...expand ships.

1) Instead of literally making every toon with a "mandatory farm" a good or "new" ship so no one has to ever buy anything or spend to make up a deficency do a massive release of like 30 ships at once. Make sure the 30 lowest used, lowest farmed, lowest starred characters are all given ships... Except for Falcon you have not destroyed ships like you have with toons on the overboard kits...

2) Release a Galactic Chase raid simultaneously with "one or two" mandatory ships needed for each part of the raid hey your attacking Bespin phase don't have ugnaught and lobot ship..... better hope someone in your guild does...or make it solo raid....oohhhhh Bespins defeated quick fly your ships to Endor where your new A/Y/B wing is required to historically start the battle or something..

Wow we defeated endor...OMG a temporal rift we have arrive in the old republic quick join the ebon hawk and the new yodalookalike mobile hold off the dreadnaught until you can get back to the rift....OMG Stage 4 we are at the original death star..... quick join red leader and Jek porkins back through the rift.....OMG we are in the clone wars join IMa jun di and eeth koth in defeating GG fleet...

3) The massive release coupled with needing those ships to do different events across the ships spectrum can do it.... Even the whales might have to decide to I need the rewards from a Republic event and farm eeth koths or Ki Amundis new ship. Or do I need the new ewok glider to help my guild in the raid.... Wait...this other event has mod salvage I need but requires some other nobodys characters ship....

That would carry you for over a year....

Dear lord dev's.....DO something with ships

And the best part is people WILL CRY because they can't do it all at once...but they would be able to do PARTS at once and have to decide where to go how do to it to best suit their current needs.

You have not ruined the kits yet.... you could easily release 30 ships at once all with different non OP kits but required to unlock certain ship content...will we flock to this raid, or this new solo battle or chase a new legendary for arena.....

you have not ruined it yet..... YOU CAN DO THIS SHIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSS

The way your doing ships now is no one has to do anything...your giving us the ships....ships with pilots everyone already has at G12 or will 'SOON"

give us content to make us strive for something and make a big release
  • More Halo trash huh
  • Darthvestor_80
    484 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Vaylin arkinn senya Brianna meetra anything but that streched out, third world animated, Halo knockoff garbage please. Shaak ti and shaa gi would be the only worthwhile additions. Did ea lose money in so many ways that they can only repackage crap the rest of the fiscal?
  • Sawdust wrote: »
    On a side note - how bad do you think the rewards are for a multi-week Grand Arena event? WOOF

And the nightmare of continuing the poor matchmaking that currently exists
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    Did they? I thought they said the 2 year farm exclusivity they would avoid and look into it again

I mean, the events are fine if they follow the marquee release structure, Ki-Adi goes into shipments after 4-6 weeks after the event goes live and then on F2P node in another 4-6 weeks
    They said it here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I’m interested in the rework part. I’m an a old player and, like many old players, I started the game expanding my collection because why not? For a long time there was no incentive to behave otherwise. It’s a bit of a problem now even though I think I could mostly overcome it. Those reworks are the good news because this may relieve me of some dead weight. The new toons will take forever to grind to 7* and their gear requirements will probably be plagued with those new gears so your 7* gear 8 clone wars characters that lag in your collection may have a lot of value... Maybe. So yes, I’m very hopeful.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Paterpank wrote: »
    Hahahaha CG/EA. So you didn't like all the bad feedback on the Malak event megathread and you have closed it?

hahahahah ahahahahah hahahah hahahahah

Huh? ..........It’s still open.

Are you okay?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • As it’s 20 years since the release of Phantom Menace next month, I’m hoping we will get an additional surprise or two.
  • As in more kotor like kotor2 game toons? Would eather that then any movie toon
  • Anyone remember the last post about communicating more? We didn't hear from them for 2 months after that, ROFLMAO. You have been warned.