TW Droids not working

Replies

• Are we owed one now?
  • Does anyone at EA test the crap they release or do they just wait for the community to test and find fixes for it?
  • Stenun wrote: »
    CG_TopHat wrote: »

So for all Droids EXCEPT B1, the bonus damage is only supposed to happen when they die from Unstable Batteries?
    But all the B1 Battle Droid, it does the bonus damage whenever it loses a stack?

And that was the intention all along??

B1 has 15% chance of dealing massive damage when it loses a stack. No idea if it was intentional, if they forgot about his mechanics when they thought up the bonus, or if they concluded that implementing it to only work the last time he died was too much work and went with it as is. At this point, doesn't really matter.

He'll be incredibly annoying on defense if this buff isn't revisited before the next TW.
  • So instead of a decent buff, they have an almost meaningless buff (arguably a nerf), except b1 who is a monster. Well played CG.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    CG_TopHat wrote: »

So for all Droids EXCEPT B1, the bonus damage is only supposed to happen when they die from Unstable Batteries?
    But all the B1 Battle Droid, it does the bonus damage whenever it loses a stack?

And that was the intention all along??

B1 has 15% chance of dealing massive damage when it loses a stack. No idea if it was intentional, if they forgot about his mechanics when they thought up the bonus, or if they concluded that implementing it to only work the last time he died was too much work and went with it as is. At this point, doesn't really matter.

He'll be incredibly annoying on defense if this buff isn't revisited before the next TW.

Yeah. Time to get him to 6k, then.
    I mean, we can get the entire guild to get their B1s to 6k and then put one in every squad in the front column - both territories.
    Be interesting to see how many attacks it will take to get through that ...

There's no way they intended that.
  • Has anyone else experienced their JTR team getting wrecked against Revan because bb8 is not going first? I wreck Revan all day everyday in arena with JTR and 4 droids but bb8 did not grant tm to the other droids who then couldnt get secret intel to get JTR to take a turn and I got demolished.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    The question is what you're going to do about it. This is absurd and an apology isn't going to cut it. However much you call it "fun and playful", there are a lot of guilds who play to compete at TW. And springing an unannounced **** broken B1 is mind-blowingly awful.

Give everyone the zetas for winning and reset the monthly rankings, as this is just broken.
  • CG_TopHat wrote: »

We are not confused by the text. Even if the droids are killed by unstable batteries they don't deal damage to the enemy
  • So... Instead of a TW "Bonus"... you nerfed the hell out of 4 droids, BB8, R2, IPD and L337. You have to be kidding right?? In what way, shape or form is this a buff??? You indirectly nerfed the JTR team, the cls team, the scoundrel team and the EP IPD team, and for what? A mediocre team where b1 is slightly annoying. This is almost undoubtedly a nerf, and the text that we got VERY clearly does not show the interaction that is happening. I don't understand how you think that we could have just "assumed" that that is how the droids are supposed to work. So many guilds left all droids on offense because it was a fun and quirky rework that seemed like it could be very useful on offense - instead what we have are unbeatable teams on defense and horrid teams on offense...?
  • Yeah, it's still not working as the revised revision Tophat posted just moments ago, because my C3PO just exploded in a 1-hit kill from Sion. Very first hit of the round so there's no way he had pain or anything like it and my C3PO is fairly tanky so it had to be the special TW "bonus." What is not working about that is that he did zero damage to the enemy units. The revised revision doesn't give any qualification but clearly implies that every time a droid dies to the unstable batteries bonus, it does the 80% max health damage to the enemy units.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    Has anyone else experienced their JTR team getting wrecked against Revan because bb8 is not going first? I wreck Revan all day everyday in arena with JTR and 4 droids but bb8 did not grant tm to the other droids who then couldnt get secret intel to get JTR to take a turn and I got demolished.

The JKR team might've been preloaded with TM from a previous battle.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Worked for me
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    Has anyone else experienced their JTR team getting wrecked against Revan because bb8 is not going first? I wreck Revan all day everyday in arena with JTR and 4 droids but bb8 did not grant tm to the other droids who then couldnt get secret intel to get JTR to take a turn and I got demolished.

The JKR team might've been preloaded with TM from a previous battle.

I had someone check for me while I was in battle, it wasnt pre-loaded. Unstable batteries or not, the buff shouldnt be affecting the tm gain that bb8 gives. And I have the same mods in my GA and my arena and the team works completely fine there.
  • The incompetence is amazingly impressive. You have to try very hard to be this bad at your job.
  • There's just no way that I believe that they somehow just didn't think that people would assume that when it said "Whenever a Droid is defeated", that they thought it meant whenever a droid died - what else are we ever supposed to think??? They very clearly are extremely busy and putting no effort into even checking their own posts or the coding was messed up and instead of admitting a mistake just decided to reword it so that it kinda sorta fits what is happening.
  • So, anybody figure out how to kill a B1 yet? We're 5 battles in on a lone B1, and he's kicking our ****.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    So, anybody figure out how to kill a B1 yet? We're 5 battles in on a lone B1, and he's kicking our ****.

Send in your own B1?
  • @Val_Galahadred he only has 1 hp so send in a bunch of g8's and just get lucky. You need to get 13 shots off on him and hope that that 15% chance does not happen 3 times in those 13 attacks. Theoretically it should be more plausible than it is, it seems that the 15% chance is farrrr higher with b1. My solo b1 took 9 defenses.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    It worked for some of us in guild. And others it didnt. The time it didnt work 4/5 of team was killed by Revans sabre throw.
  • I mean like, WAI, sure! But um...when were you planning on letting us know how you intended? WAWritten? Hell no.
  • @CG_TopHat when you say "B1 Battle Droid can’t be destroyed by Unstable Batteries, but can still trigger the Max Health damage and inflict Burning for 1 turn when it is damaged by an attack." Do you mean that every time b1 is damaged he DOES inflict 80% damage and burning, or do you mean that when b1 is damaged he has a 15% chance to deal 80% damage and burning?
  • Pahkahhh wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat when you say "B1 Battle Droid can’t be destroyed by Unstable Batteries, but can still trigger the Max Health damage and inflict Burning for 1 turn when it is damaged by an attack." Do you mean that every time b1 is damaged he DOES inflict 80% damage and burning, or do you mean that when b1 is damaged he has a 15% chance to deal 80% damage and burning?

Not every time, there is a chance of 15% to trigger the effect but with the advantage that B1 is not destroyed unlike the rest of the droids, but the important detail is that EA change the bonus after the Deffenses have been set..... at the begging of the TW always a droid is destroyed the effect was triggered, now the effect only triggers when the droid is destroyed by the 15% chance when droid is attacked....

Thanks EA all the theory crafting for nothing...
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Hmm another odd mechanic - it says this damage cant defeat enemies but my nightsisters team just all died at once with only enemy CLS and R2 left. I hit CLS with Talz , Plague spread to R2 and killed him - then an explosion and they all died? Note: Talia has no burn so should have survived ?
    82nsmm52xdqq.png
  • wildnz wrote: »
    Hmm another odd mechanic - it says this damage cant defeat enemies but my nightsisters team just all died at once with only enemy CLS and R2 left. I hit CLS with Talz , Plague spread to R2 and killed him - then an explosion and they all died? Note: Talia has no burn so should have survived ?
    82nsmm52xdqq.png
    When R2 died he probably also gave burn to Talia. The damage cannot defeat them, but the burn can, and likely did.
  • So, anybody figure out how to kill a B1 yet? We're 5 battles in on a lone B1, and he's kicking our ****.

Use characters that are immune to % damage effects (Kylo, KRU, Malak are the ones I think of).
  • How many packs do we need to buy to get these buffs to work as described?