Are there any plans on the works to save fleet from Falcons?

Prev1
This is just getting harder and harder to play every night. 3xj47ghwfr4f.jpg

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Its not unbeatable. In fact its pretty simple to beat
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

This is like the Revan discussion all over again. Two things :
    1) Just because it's beatable doesn't mean that it's not ridiculously OP
    2) Just because it's beatable, doesn't make it fun to fight....over and over and over and over again....every....single.....day.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    To add to it, JKR was boring where you would win but it would take 4 minutes or more per battle. Falcon battles are over 4 minutes or more but even if you have the same maxed out fleet, you can still lose because of how much RNG it relies on your Falcon assisting vs opposing falcon
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Stop being dishonest, shame on you
  • Ultra wrote: »
    To add to it, JKR was boring where you would win but it would take 4 minutes or more per battle. Falcon battles are over 4 minutes or more but even if you have the same maxed out fleet, you can still lose because of how much RNG it relies on your Falcon assisting vs opposing falcon

I finish my ship battles in 2 minutes, and i always win. If you can't beat a falcon (with a falcon in less then 3 minutes, you are the problem)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Good news is, after the recent Revan buff, Falcon will probably be getting one shortly too.
  • Ultra wrote: »

I finish my ship battles in 2 minutes, and i always win. If you can't beat a falcon (with a falcon in less then 3 minutes, you are the problem)

"Falcon isn't broken if you have a Falcon." Typical response.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    We have the first repetition of the event now, the meta should change soon. That's how it usually is with the legendaries. Now the question is what will it change to, considering the promise of CW content, it could mean the recurrence of Mace (ugh) or a brand new Sep capital and fleet (finally). That is, if they actually manage to make Mil F proof meta, though it shouldn't be hard with a repeatable mass dispel.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Uh, yes, ships arena. I kinda forgot about that side of the game.
  • The counter is coming. Malak will pilot a capital ship that’s basically unbeatable. Everyone got their Malak right?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The counter is coming. Malak will pilot a capital ship that’s basically unbeatable. Everyone got their Malak right?

Nah, Malak is meant to be the paywall for arena meta. For ships, we will need to gear someone useless, like Nute. And get his ship in some kind of exclusive event.
  • Falcon biggs bistan > falcon biggs HT
    Falcon biggs HT > tfp poe kru
    Tfp poe kru > falcon biggs bistan.

If you mirror, pray to rng gods.
  • Falcon dispells debuffs. The next ship meta will be locked debuffs.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    If they made a Resistance capital ship I'd switch immediately. I don't even care that I'd probably drop in ranks, I just want to play my faction.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Ships is a terrible rng fest and got a lot worse with ships 2.0. At least we can at least field a few decent teams now outside of arena for Territory War, but that is about it. If you don't use Bistan then prepare to hate the RNG of Falcon assists.

Both arenas have been stupid with no variety lately. At least Darth Revan has shaken things up a bit, and hopefully fleet will get something soon.
  • Yes, there are plans. It’s Luke Skywalkers X wing fighter, and once that comes out we’ll be having this same discussion but with a different ship as the subject
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Yes, there are plans. It’s Luke Skywalkers X wing fighter, and once that comes out we’ll be having this same discussion but with a different ship as the subject

I mean.... You could use BOTH.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

This is like the Revan discussion all over again. Two things :
    1) Just because it's beatable doesn't mean that it's not ridiculously OP
    2) Just because it's beatable, doesn't make it fun to fight....over and over and over and over again....every....single.....day.

So much this. And jkr wasnt too bad because there were some somewhat reliable counters. There just simply isn't one for **** fleets. Not even close.

Pardon?

What do you think was a reliable counter for JKR prior to Darth Revan being introduced?

• Mzee wrote: »
    Ships is a terrible rng fest and got a lot worse with ships 2.0. At least we can at least field a few decent teams now outside of arena for Territory War, but that is about it. If you don't use Bistan then prepare to hate the RNG of Falcon assists.

Both arenas have been stupid with no variety lately. At least Darth Revan has shaken things up a bit, and hopefully fleet will get something soon.

So Bistan is a better option as a starting ship (over, say, Ghost or Biggs)?
  • Man if you can't beat an AA fleet stop playing. Don't bi**h about it
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yes, there are plans. It’s Luke Skywalkers X wing fighter, and once that comes out we’ll be having this same discussion but with a different ship as the subject

You do realize that Luke's X-Wing will be a Rebel.....which would only strengthen the already existing Falcon meta.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited April 2019

If you post comments like this with no elaboration, you are a toilet person.
    Mzee wrote: »

So Bistan is a better option as a starting ship (over, say, Ghost or Biggs)?

The two reigning starter formations are HMF/HT/Biggs and HMF/HT/Bistan. Basically if your Bistan is fast enough to stealth before your opponent can move you want him, otherwise use Biggs. I use Biggs, because SRP is a massive carbanti sponge and just gearing that ship enough to use as a reinforcement was brutal.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

If you post comments like this with no elaboration, you are a toilet person.
    Like totally sick burn dude! ;)
  • Falcon biggs bistan > falcon biggs HT
    Falcon biggs HT > tfp poe kru
    Tfp poe kru > falcon biggs bistan.

If you mirror, pray to rng gods.

In any falcon vs falcon matchup reinforce with Cassian. If you pick your spot right, you then call the automatic assist with your falcon on his falcon and win.