GA - No def set

Lachie_1
104 posts Member
edited April 2019
Was the last update meant to fix the ‘no defense set’ part of GA?

My opponent has set ships but no squads. I thought this was fixed and there would at least be randomly composed squads set with random leaders.

This hasn’t been the case for me.

Edit: typo

Replies

• If he sets ships that means the board isn't empty. Hence the system won't auto deploy the rest
  • As I understand it, the "no defense set" function that steps in to automate defense-setting only works when NO defense is set.

I does not work, IIUC, when someone sets a partial defense and leaves certain slots or territories empty.

This is simply the worst case of that - when the opponent sets only a single squad (in this case a fleet) and leaves all other slots empty. Actually, I suppose this is even worse than setting a single toon-squad, because there is no GA quest that you can advance against opposing fleets. This is literally the worst possible case of limited-defense.

I'm really sorry you got hurt by this, but I think the defense-autopopulate feature is probably working both as written and as intended.

Best of luck next time.
  • As I understand it, the "no defense set" function that steps in to automate defense-setting only works when NO defense is set.

I does not work, IIUC, when someone sets a partial defense and leaves certain slots or territories empty.

This is simply the worst case of that - when the opponent sets only a single squad (in this case a fleet) and leaves all other slots empty. Actually, I suppose this is even worse than setting a single toon-squad, because there is no GA quest that you can advance against opposing fleets. This is literally the worst possible case of limited-defense.

I'm really sorry you got hurt by this, but I think the defense-autopopulate feature is probably working both as written and as intended.

Best of luck next time.

I had no idea that one defensive squad/fleet meant that ‘defense was set’.

I think that is rubbish but thanks for the explanation. You too, @PlanetOfRedDevil.

*sigh* some people just want to see the world burn.
  • Lachie_1 wrote: »
    I had no idea that one defensive squad/fleet meant that ‘defense was set’.

It doesn’t. But that’s not the standard being used anyway. The feature is to auto-deploy when no defense is set. Setting one squad does not equal “no defense”.
  • I didn’t set character defense but I did set ship defense. You could be fighting me and if that’s the case good luck beating my ships
  • Fives5555 wrote: »
    I didn’t set character defense but I did set ship defense. You could be fighting me and if that’s the case good luck beating my ships

I put three ships in on auto and I’m ahead by over 600 points. Good luck with your GA
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    GA is now worse than ever before with DR n malak.... guy in my group with malak..... no defeanse from me peroid. Dont like it..... tough
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    I didn’t set character defense but I did set ship defense. You could be fighting me and if that’s the case good luck beating my ships

why though?
    I understand not setting defense at all and i obviously also understand setting a full def, but only setting a fleet def doesn't make sense to me.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I had the same issue, but my opponent 4M+GP set one squad of trash ground toons and nothing else. No its okay bro, go through just a little more than no effort so that I lose out on all those credits. (facepalm)
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    GA is now worse than ever before with DR n malak.... guy in my group with malak..... no defeanse from me peroid. Dont like it..... tough

If you don't set any defence then the game will do it for you and your guy will get to clear a full board. Don't like it... Tough.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    27fe03miy7ow.jpg
    My opponent didnt attacked but I lost because I set only 3 character teams and no ship def86p3t5io4xqr.jpg
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    27fe03miy7ow.jpg
    My opponent didnt attacked but I lost because I set only 3 character teams and no ship def86p3t5io4xqr.jpg

Why would you do that?
  • leef wrote: »

why though?
    I understand not setting defense at all and i obviously also understand setting a full def, but only setting a fleet def doesn't make sense to me.
    It doesn"t make sense, period.
  • People who don’t set a proper defense are scum.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »

This is so utterly childish. You're emotionally incapable of handling the idea that you might lose occasionally, so you refuse to even try. Jesus, what a tool.
    leef wrote: »

why though?

It's the next evolution of people refusing to set defenses because they don't think they can win. They can no longer deprive other players of a proper match by doing nothing, so instead they set a single squad to prevent auto-deploy from kicking in, so their opponent only gets one match instead of seven. Before they could maintain plausible deniability that they just forgot to set defenses or whatever, but with this there's zero excuse: it's deliberately sabotaging the game for the opponent just as an "F you" for the high crime of having a better roster.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

why though?

There are no quests associated with ships (yet)

So you can put down a fleet, stop squads then auto deploying (as you have set a defense according to the game) and still stop your opponent then being able to make any progress on the GA quests.

Sad but there ya go.

why though?

You can win if you just set one defence. If your opponent can't clear it and you get a full clear, you'll win. It's still a **** move though.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299