GA 6 Teams In One Section?

What was the point of putting 6 teams in one half of the board but only putting four circles that are visible? That has surely led to some confusion and it can't just be me who has only just realised they have set 4 defensive teams instead of 6? And also, why hasn't the AI set those missing teams for me? Come on, guys! I know all eyes are currently on making Malak better in his rework but maybe don't do this in the future and make it a little clearer or fill in the gaps that have been missed.

Replies

  • This version just plain sucks. Stop doing it. 4 zones, even if one is a ship zone should be the way it goes all the time. There's no strategy involved, no thought process, no real defense. You just go in and attack and don't have to think about anything further than what you see.
  • CHFC22
    627 posts Member
    This is not meant to sound as flippant as it inevitably will, but there's literally a number '6' that I use instead of counting the number of circles.
  • Ratinira
    79 posts Member
    edited April 14
    For those who does not know that one should put defense until big green "defence" button will become transparant and unclicable they even put numbers on the field. 4/6 might have raised some questions, theoretically.
    Also, that is not the first GA with less circles then units. And not tenth too, I think ...
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    This is not meant to sound as flippant as it inevitably will, but there's literally a number '6' that I use instead of counting the number of circles.
    Ratinira wrote: »
    For those who does not know that one should put defense until big green "defence" button will become transparant and unclicable they even put numbers on the field. 4/6 might have raised some questions, theoretically.
    Also, that is not the first GA with less circles then units. And not tenth too, I think ...

    I can see that now but I did miss it yesterday when I set them up. So I agree maybe I should be a little more cautious in future but again, I know there are players in my guild who have had the same issue and I'm betting we aren't alone. Maybe make it a little clearer AND set-up those missing squads for us if we miss them.

    Luckily for me this time my opponent was a no-show so all their squads have been set-up by the AI...and they suck.
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    For those who does not know that one should put defense until big green "defence" button will become transparant and unclicable they even put numbers on the field. 4/6 might have raised some questions, theoretically.
    Also, that is not the first GA with less circles then units. And not tenth too, I think ...

    It's literally every one. It's probably based on the minimum potential number of slots. So, lowest GP has to place 4. Those on the higher end place 7.
  • LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    Maybe make it a little clearer AND set-up those missing squads for us if we miss them.
    And if they really do that autodef for missing squads, wont you be the one to cry that the autodef put all your best characters in def based in their gp and so you have trash def and no sinergy squads saved for attack?) Even one autodef squad can cross the plans for 5 attack teams....


  • evoluza
    1634 posts Member
    edited April 14
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    What was the point of putting 6 teams in one half of the board but only putting four circles that are visible? That has surely led to some confusion and it can't just be me who has only just realised they have set 4 defensive teams instead of 6? And also, why hasn't the AI set those missing teams for me? Come on, guys! I know all eyes are currently on making Malak better in his rework but maybe don't do this in the future and make it a little clearer or fill in the gaps that have been missed.

    They already added numbers, so you see how many teams you have to place! Should they play and think for you?
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    This version just plain sucks. Stop doing it. 4 zones, even if one is a ship zone should be the way it goes all the time. There's no strategy involved, no thought process, no real defense. You just go in and attack and don't have to think about anything further than what you see.

    So you don't look what your opponent has, plan defense they have trouble with and plan your attack in away you think, they think to set its def? You can play without thinking and probably lose some matches, because you aren't prepared...
  • yz7t5pc2kq42.png
    It's too complicated man...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    yz7t5pc2kq42.png
    It's too complicated man...

    Well ppl to cry when they dont read, just cant understand why.
  • I'm not a fan of this one. Theres no strategy to it. You can't hide anything so the opponent knows what counters he needs to save
  • Spang
    194 posts Member
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    And also, why hasn't the AI set those missing teams for me?

    7lbixxm7l16y.jpg


    Maybe it worked for my opponent. He also set 4 normal teams, but those Traya and JKR teams must not had been on purpose. He basically didn't have any teams left for offense.
  • This GA variant with 6 teams all crammed into one territory would really benefit from an update.

    It should have MORE strategy by splitting the zone into 3 territories with 2 teams each, instead of this current and very unremarkable setup. Or splitting teams over the two zones with 2 team territories, and putting the ship zone in a back territory that can actually appear either top or bottom. The more uncertainty the more interesting and dynamic these GA competitions become. It forces you to think, and consider what possibilities of defensive teams you may face and use your roster as efficiently as possible.

    The aspect that makes GA great is the strategy involved in placing your Heroes in unique and intuitive ways that stumps your opponents, or baits out strong teams, or tricks an opponent into a weaker seeming territory only to face a brick wall in a territory behind it. That strategy is completely removed from the 6 team iteration of GA.

    Please update this mode to make it more interesting and engaging.
Sign In or Register to comment.