Upcoming Change to Darth Malak [MERGE]

Prev13456715
Indominable_J
1812 posts Member
edited April 2019
@CG_SBCrumb -- can you please clarify the update? Is it that sith enemies only don't gain tm when inflicted with shock or as long as Malak is on the field? Additionally, how does this interact with his Jaws of Life zeta? Now, if the other side has Malak, can he still gain the bonus turn?

Edit: Also, can you please clarify if that is the level 1 text for the unique, or are you removing all the other stuff from it?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• GhostJedi525
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    So once again, this was all by me and if it works, EA better hire me lol but literately this is getting on my nerves whenever we have the sith raid being annoying.

If you remembered how much a traitor he was, it’s called doubled cross

If Darth revan is on the ally team, he gains health steal along with defense up. However if Darth Revan was on the enemy team, he gains more offense with health and defense down. It is not effected with ferocity

However with that in mind, in case either Revan or Bastila (sith versions) have been defeated, Malek will have only his basic ability but deals 75% of health (as final text) and regains one random buff (not taunt, health up nor health steal) for two turns that can’t be copied or dispel if the enemy versions of revan or Bastila is defeated.
    [Note: This is about an event and I can’t fix the whole discussion thing]
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Also, is that replacing the entire part about Fear being applied on crit or dot? Or was the Fear application just omitted from your note?
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    They should have just added malak automatically defeats any team led by emporer palpatine.
  • Degs29
    360 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    CG, would you stop shooting your own foot? We need more diversity in arena, not less. This change is the most blatant attempt to micromanage the meta I've ever seen in any game I've played. Allow the players some ingenuity, would ya?! We need some room to breathe!
  • This is just another example of how cg isn't able to test anything right. If I work like this I would get fired.
  • This is a real slap in the face for people that relied on him to climb in arena. I have DR and Malak but cannot outspeed the fastest in my shard. I would swap to EzPz lead to make my life easier and mitigate the need for extra refreshes. Saving me crystals. Not liking this change at all. I haven't fielded Malak yet due to gear, purple mats and zetas but I hope that once I do it will help with my climb.
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    Cs99 wrote: »
    They should have just added malak automatically defeats any team led by emporer palpatine.

lol
  • Degs29 wrote: »
    CG, would you stop shooting your own foot? We need more diversity in arena, not less. This change is the most blatant attempt to micromanage the meta I've ever seen in any game I've played. Allow the players some ingenuity, would ya?! We need some room to breathe!

If I could like your comment 10 times I would. Just upset their new shiny has f2p counters. Smh
  • Hi Holotable Heroes,

In the next week we are making a change to Darth Malak’s ability, Gnawing Terror, so that it performs closer to what we initially intended:
    UNIQUE 1:
    DESCRIPTION: Darth Malak has a 25% chance to Taunt for 1 turn whenever an enemy is inflicted with Shock. Sith enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter (doesn't affect raid bosses).

Is the whole unique ability replaced with this? Does Darth Malak still gain taunt when an enemy is inflicted with fear? if not, how is he a taunting tank then? half your team will die before he gets a taunt ( if ever ).

With this change how about you consider refunding the gear that people used for Sith Assassin, because it defeats her purpose entirely.

Waiting for an official answer @CG_SBCrumb
  • On a scale of 1-10 how bad does this screw over poor sith assassin?
  • I also wonder if that is what the Zeta adds or if the fear portion is in addition to this change.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Did anyone take into account you just made Sith Assassin irrelevant in a mirror match? Can we have refund for this character now too?
  • This is a really disappointing nerf to Malak. Shame on you for really telling the player base that they are not allowed to be creative in beating the current meta.
  • Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Bastila Shan Fallen, HK-47, Sith Marauder is now the official Meta.
  • llldmelll wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

In the next week we are making a change to Darth Malak’s ability, Gnawing Terror, so that it performs closer to what we initially intended:
    UNIQUE 1:
    DESCRIPTION: Darth Malak has a 25% chance to Taunt for 1 turn whenever an enemy is inflicted with Shock. Sith enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter (doesn't affect raid bosses).

Is the whole unique ability replaced with this? Does Darth Malak still gain taunt when an enemy is inflicted with fear? if not, how is he a taunting tank then? half your team will die before he gets a taunt ( if ever ).

With this change how about you consider refunding the gear that people used for Sith Assassin, because it defeats her purpose entirely.

Waiting for an official answer @CG_SBCrumb

This ^ in its entirety
  • Meatknife wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Did anyone take into account you just made Sith Assassin irrelevant in a mirror match? Can we have refund for this character now too?

This. Sith assassin is one of my favourite toons to run with a sith team. Getting the sith empire tag excited me because she would be useful again. Now she has no use in a sith empire team.
  • Shame!

Throw them in the Sarlacc!
  • Finally mods matter a bit more. Thanks for that! Drevan with Malak getting hit by G9 Palp shouldn't happen at all.
  • Jaybee
    29 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb Does this apply to Sith Empire or just Sith? Stupid question but need to understand. Will SA no longer grant TM if Malak is present on both offense and defense sides?
  • Wow, this is a pretty blatant “oops, we didn’t mean for EP and/or Sith Assassin to be valid counters. We better fix this.” It’s extremely frustrating for the player base. In a game where resources are so valuable, it’s a punch in the gut to have changes like this.
  • Orleans wrote: »
    Finally mods matter a bit more. Thanks for that! Drevan with Malak getting hit by G9 Palp shouldn't happen at all.

Poor whale, don't like having a counter to your shiny new toy , lmao
  • Better change would have been reducing sith turn meter gain by 50% or 75%... not completely eliminating it.
  • Enjoying this game less and less
    Playing the marvel one more and more
  • @CG_SBCrumb

I really don’t know what to think or believe about this product, anymore. A fix on the day of release. Another incoming fix. A fix to Bastila Shan. A nerf to Malak. I don’t own Malak, but I sure feel for the CUSTOMERS who PAID for him.
  • Lmfao
  • Orleans wrote: »
    Finally mods matter a bit more. Thanks for that! Drevan with Malak getting hit by G9 Palp shouldn't happen at all.

Poor whale, don't like having a counter to your shiny new toy , lmao

because god forbid the players who pay money and support the game be given some kind of advantage. smh at entitled ftp.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb -- can you please clarify the update? Is it that sith enemies only don't gain tm when inflicted with shock or as long as Malak is on the field? Additionally, how does this interact with his Jaws of Life zeta? Now, if the other side has Malak, can he still gain the bonus turn?

Edit: Also, can you please clarify if that is the level 1 text for the unique, or are you removing all the other stuff from it?

Malak Jaws of life is tagged as a "bonus_turn" not "speed_recovery" so should not be affected.
    It is not stopped by shock

Daze and shock (which this should be similar to) stop speed_recovery
  • Meatknife wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Did anyone take into account you just made Sith Assassin irrelevant in a mirror match? Can we have refund for this character now too?

qft. so glad i put g12 plus gear on her. sigh.