Upcoming Change to Darth Malak [MERGE]

Replies

• Wow, every counter to Darth Revan has been nerfed in the last 3 weeks; why don't you simply change Malaks description to "Kill opponents team without any chance of resurrection" and save you having to make another nerf next week.
    As an ftp player this is total and utter 'nonsense'.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Orleans wrote: »
    Finally mods matter a bit more. Thanks for that! Drevan with Malak getting hit by G9 Palp shouldn't happen at all.

Poor whale, don't like having a counter to your shiny new toy , lmao

Oh no worries man, I got Drevan and Malak F2P because I farmed Mission and Zaal right after Revan hit. Why? They are awesome for TW and GA. Started farming OR right away as well. It was obvious what was going to happen.
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Bastila Shan Fallen, HK-47, Sith Marauder is now the official Meta.

Take out SM for Sith Trooper
  • Crynus wrote: »
    Meatknife wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Did anyone take into account you just made Sith Assassin irrelevant in a mirror match? Can we have refund for this character now too?

qft. so glad i put g12 plus gear on her. sigh.

I just did the same. I found SA was huge in allowing me to beat faster modded Sith teams. Getting FBs debuffs off huge can help turn the tide after my DR gets feared. Not an option now.
  • I have and never will play KOTOR and I never will thanks to CG ruining making me hate Revan and his entourage but were the Sith Empire and the Sith warring or something? Why on Earth would Malak have anti-Sith abilities besides the fact that you couldn't stand one counter existing? CG has never been this bad and I've been playing this game for years.

Horrible raid and nerfs to literally multiple f2p characters to cater to P2P characters when whales dont benefit from this nerf.

Whales don't benefit you purging their roster every 2 weeks of a character you created that you no longer profit off of (that they probably paid for at the time when they were released too). Whales are going to get speed blocked because of this lazy nerf that you threw together while in the elevator.

@CG_SBCrumb Please explain how the people you are "trying" to pander to/benefit are better off not being able to beat an identical team that they paid for?
  • So the Crit penalty is not part of the unique any longer? What's to stop CLS from blowing him up now?
  • This is high comedy. Not because they changed his kit, but because of how they basically just came out and said "yep, he's a P2W character and we're ok being honest about it for once".

91nna6rmmniy.png

They key phrase in this sentence: "... so that it performs closer to what we initially intended:"

What was the initial intent and how does the prevention of TM gain by Sith align with that? A deterministic taunt by a character classified as a tank seems intentional. A passive unique that manipulates TM for a specific faction seems....like a nerf. Forgive me for being conspiratorial, but it's not very difficult to make 25% play like 90% - "hey, that's RNG..."

Full disclosure - I have Malak. I didn't pay for him. He's not ready yet, but he will be in time. I'll still be able to climb. This seems entirely unnecessary and is particularly odd given the level of ill will they've engendered with this particular release structure. Our highly competitive guild already had one rage quit this week. Is it only a matter of time until behavior like this causes the more deliberate among us to come to a similar, yet less fiery conclusion?
  • Meatknife wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Did anyone take into account you just made Sith Assassin irrelevant in a mirror match? Can we have refund for this character now too?

I added both 12.9 as well. And spent to gear her up thinking she was now a legit SITH EMPIRE toon. Now bringing Malak out basically makes her useless? How is that even remotely fair? Should have it refunded. Or make it SITH only. Not SITH EMPIRE.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
  • "so that it performs closer to what we initially intended"
    Uh hm, we know it :p:*
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • 80Passarelli
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm OK with the change if I can get back the G12 pieces I dropped on my Sith Assassin to make her better just for the purpose of BOOSTING TURN METER!

That's not a rework, that's a NERF!
  • Dante
    32 posts Member
    CG: Let's come up with a character (DR) that will break the stale JKR meta and bring more diversity to arenas.
    Also CG: Let's nerf EP lead and go back to our old boring metas....
  • Cs99 wrote: »
    They should have just added malak automatically defeats any team led by emporer palpatine.

Can't really say this is a nice change. It seems to pretty much invalidate a sith team lead by Palpatine. :s
  • I'm OK with the change if I can get back the G12 pieces I dropped on my Sith Assassin to make her better just for the purpose of BOOSTING TURN METER!

That's not a rework, that's a NERF!

Yes!!!! Me too
  • This is high comedy. Not because they changed his kit, but because of how they basically just came out and said "yep, he's a P2W character and we're ok being honest about it for once".

91nna6rmmniy.png

They key phrase in this sentence: "... so that it performs closer to what we initially intended:"

What was the initial intent and how does the prevention of TM gain by Sith align with that? A deterministic taunt by a character classified as a tank seems intentional. A passive unique that manipulates TM for a specific faction seems....like a nerf. Forgive me for being conspiratorial, but it's not very difficult to make 25% play like 90% - "hey, that's RNG..."

Full disclosure - I have Malak. I didn't pay for him. He's not ready yet, but he will be in time. I'll still be able to climb. This seems entirely unnecessary and is particularly odd given the level of ill will they've engendered with this particular release structure. Our highly competitive guild already had one rage quit this week. Is it only a matter of time until behavior like this causes the more deliberate among us to come to a similar, yet less fiery conclusion?

^^^^^
    All of this. Dre & Malak were designed to counter Jedi. How do Sith magically come into the equation??? Just say that you intended for Dre/Malak to be the only team viable in arena, dont say that Malak's buggy or not wai.
  • Sith Marauder is also nerfed by that, as he can't gain tm from his unique. Leaving only the DR/BSF/HK/DM/ST squad.
    So much for the diversity...
  • Does this also mean Malak no longer will taunt after a fear also? How does this make him a reliable taunting tank? Really hoping you just made a mistake by posting the abilities level 1 description instead of final. You could’ve just showed the change being the no bonus Tm thing... which unintentionally(or maybe not?) is screwing up sass.
  • Wow just wow
  • Why nerf his taunting capability? That kills his use as a tank now. Fear is the debuff this team lands more often than shock.

Maybe I'm misreading, but did you remove malaks ability to taunt when fear lands in exchange of preventing tm gain on opposing Sith squads?

That literally murders malaks effectiveness against any team that isnt a palp lead.
  • So you guys just gonna nerf Palpatine to the ground just because he can beat your pay wall Malak, oh no don't mind me it wasn't like I was going to put a zeta on him at some point screw you CG/EA.
  • Dante wrote: »
    CG: Let's come up with a character (DR) that will break the stale JKR meta and bring more diversity to arenas.
    Also CG: Let's nerf EP lead and go back to our old boring metas....

It totally ridiculous, CG claims they want to move the game in a certain direction, and then immediately take off sprinting in the exact opposite direction. This is getting out of control...
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    As someone who has Malak, I think this is a horrible change. Please rethink it @CG_SBCrumb now their will be only one viable team with sith and zero diversity, something we need more of, not less. Now only one team and mods will matter... really big mistake if you decide to go through with it...and considering the last couple weeks of attempting to kill the game, I am sure you will go through with it despite people who know what is good for the game all telling you it isn’t.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Degs29 wrote: »
    CG, would you stop shooting your own foot? We need more diversity in arena, not less. This change is the most blatant attempt to micromanage the meta I've ever seen in any game I've played. Allow the players some ingenuity, would ya?! We need some room to breathe!

AMEN!!!
  • lol, this is great

Least they are consistent. But I am putting extra cotton in my ears, because the circles I run in, well, ain't gonna be pretty. Lol
  • It’s funny. The community always loves to **** when something that was obvious to obtain slips past their fingers. Blaming is easier than accepting responsibility for poor decisions. Acquired DR FTP, and acquired Malak FTP. DR was even easier due to CG cadence allowing more time to farm for him, and not realizing Zaal, Mission, Candor, and Carth are valuable for TW and GA are just poor insight into the game. Stop blaming CG for your deficiencies.