Upcoming Change to Darth Malak [MERGE]

Replies

• Geshtianna wrote: »
    Tautas wrote: »
    I looked at meta report in swgoh.gg Palpatine team just have 12% (8+2+2) of all rank 1.

Stop messing with characters and their abilities after same time from release... And ya, I have Malak.

You won't see Palpatine in the meta report. It's a climbing team, and when people are done they switch to their defence teams.

Yeah ok. Healthiest meta I've seen in 4+ months and their plan is to ruin it. cnez8tt8jy66.jpg

That number is underrepresented. I use EP to climb, but what I register on swgoh.gg will be DR lead.
  • I would just like my Sith Assassin gear back after I spent a ton of crystals for gear...she is completely useless now.
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    I looked at meta report in swgoh.gg Palpatine team just have 12% (8+2+2) of all rank 1.

Stop messing with characters and their abilities after same time from release... And ya, I have Malak.

You won't see Palpatine in the meta report. It's a climbing team, and when people are done they switch to their defence teams.

Yeah ok. Healthiest meta I've seen in 4+ months and their plan is to ruin it. cnez8tt8jy66.jpg

That number is underrepresented. I use EP to climb, but what I register on swgoh.gg will be DR lead.

Same here depending if their DR and BSF are faster than mine.
  • Jaybee wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Does this apply to Sith Empire or just Sith? Stupid question but need to understand. Will SA no longer grant TM if Malak is present on both offense and defense sides?

from March 25 until today you spend G12 materials to put all the items in Sith assassin. they are five pieces with a value of 25000 crystals because you @CG_SBCrumb published a synergy on March 23 that is no longer useful as of April 16.
  • So this is the day rock-paper-scissors dies?
    Atm we have one of the healthies arenameta since months/years and now CG will take away the paper from us?
    This is ****ing stupid! Arena and grand arena will be worse for everyone that dont have malak due to the lack of effective counters.

I said this as one that got DRevan and Malak complete f2p and will be on the winner side of this ridiculus change. But i'am far from happy about this nonsens! :disappointed:

Stop this CG, you are digging your own grave by making the community more and more angry.
    If there is no fun left this game will die. :confounded:

They only want jkr and dr on meta and any new meta toons will be added to those 2 just like what they said in the road ahead they want a diverse meta and it will take time so i see that as the next few months (3+) you will see a more diverse but not atm or next month or 2 and they only want the paid toons in the meta atm
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So all the stuff @CG_Carrie said in the road ahead 5 days ago about "variety in the meta" and "more balance" - was that a mistake? Or just an outright lie?

It was obviously a lie.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    So all the stuff @CG_Carrie said in the road ahead 5 days ago about "variety in the meta" and "more balance" - was that a mistake? Or just an outright lie?

It was obviously a lie.

89tl9z9asfik.jpg

Says in the future aka not now so only going to be the 2 atm till next meta aka guessing 3+ months from now

They only want jkr and dr on meta and any new meta toons will be added to those 2 just like what they said in the road ahead they want a diverse meta and it will take time so i see that as the next few months (3+) you will see a more diverse but not atm or next month or 2 and they only want the paid toons in the meta atm

Sure. But here's the problem with their "audacious" 5 year plan (her words not mine). People won't be around long enough or at the very least wont be willing to spend on this game anymore at that stage in the game.

yakmune9kwke.jpg

Only using what they said in the road ahead thats how i saw it cause not using this quarter but future is why i guess 3+ months but every one wants it now yes they might loose some but dont think the game will die by then at all but they did say what there plans was so we had a heads up but dont see future as today or a couple weeks
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    Is CG stupid or stoopid?
  • Jevare
    40 posts Member
    Best testers in the world! Or just no testers?
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    maybe the sass nerf is intended.

you use palp or sass to outspeed someone with better mods ? take this...our data shows that people dont buy refreshes for mod farming
  • mazingo wrote: »

from March 25 until today you spend G12 materials to put all the items in Sith assassin. they are five pieces with a value of 25000 crystals because you @CG_SBCrumb published a synergy on March 23 that is no longer useful as of April 16.

Well, technically there is still a synergy between SA and D.Revan.

Enemy squads are not included in synergy list. Kassian and K-2 still have synergy even with Darth Maul in enemy's squad...

• Durango
    113 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    This is an incredibly stupid an inelegant solution to what was barely a problem. I can't believe they claim (in the last road ahead) to care about balance and then out of nowhere add a stupidly OP unique to Malak. For the first time in MONTHS we had a vague semblance of Rock-paper-scissor relationship. They could have made it so the enemies can't gain TM while shocked, or feared, that would have already be incredibly powerful, but no. They went all in to destroy one of the very few reliable counter to DR. (All that with a unique that makes 0 sense thematically speaking, mind you).

And they do it right after the Malak event, obviously.

What an absolute freaking joke.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

It was obviously a lie.

89tl9z9asfik.jpg

Says in the future aka not now so only going to be the 2 atm till next meta aka guessing 3+ months from now

The Road Ahead IS the plan for the next few months. That includes what’s happening right now, not what’s expected 3+ months from now.
  • Everyone could see this coming. If you couldn’t, you weren’t paying attention. I for one love the change. Malak is the single hardest character to get. It requires two Journey characters, 8 other characters with at least 17,500 power, and one of the hardest, if not the hardest, events to date. Then once you actually have Malak, you have to spend 70,000 guild currency to 7 star him and he takes 4 of the new gear pieces which equates to 11,200 crystals. It shouldn’t be countered by a meta/character from a year and a half ago. What is the point of obtaining these super hard characters if they are super easy to counter?
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    mazingo wrote: »

Enemy squads are not included in synergy list. Kassian and K-2 still have synergy even with Darth Maul in enemy's squad...

revan was announced as a great toon PVP with synergy with sith empire, I can understand that they want to remove palpatine from the goal but I see absurd that of a faction of 7 nerf SA and SM.
    I really do have malak, but I do not like it to be so tight to a setup. And of course my SA has become a nice paperweight.

It was obviously a lie.

The cake is a lie

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member

It was obviously a lie.

The cake is a lie

There is no cake.
  • mazingo wrote: »
    Ratinira wrote: »
    mazingo wrote: »

revan was announced as a great toon PVP with synergy with sith empire, I can understand that they want to remove palpatine from the goal but I see absurd that of a faction of 7 nerf SA and SM.
    I really do have malak, but I do not like it to be so tight to a setup. And of course my SA has become a nice paperweight.

SA and SM are "nerfed" only against teams with Malak.

It was obviously a lie.

The cake is a lie

There is no cake.

There really was a cake

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Just change SA to say 'Sith Empire' rather than 'Sith'.

Malak in a Revan team with Bastilla makes no sense anyway as one of them would be dead.

Fix this **** mess. You can slap my wrist for swearing but this is wearing very thin now
  • Durango
    113 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    . It shouldn’t be countered by a meta/character from a year and a half ago. What is the point of obtaining these super hard characters if they are super easy to counter?
    Because it's more healthy, balance-wise. I understand hard-to-get character should be powerful, but that doesn't mean they should actively seek to kill any counter with ultra-specific, ultra-targeted unique so there's no counter. They pretend to aim toward a rock-paper-scissor balance, they should act like it.

• cynerd
    18 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb
    You sold us Darrh Revan, now our Darth Raven is useless because of this malak. If you want us to suffer, why did you sold Darth Raven???
    Dumpest commercial strategy ever. Which makes you lose customers.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

It was obviously a lie.

89tl9z9asfik.jpg

Also says "not a true rock-paper-scissors meta", so expect more of the same. This is just PR talk, as evidenced by the Malak change. If they truly wanted a balanced meta, they wouldn't ruin it when there is one.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    Everyone could see this coming. If you couldn’t, you weren’t paying attention. I for one love the change. Malak is the single hardest character to get. It requires two Journey characters, 8 other characters with at least 17,500 power, and one of the hardest, if not the hardest, events to date. Then once you actually have Malak, you have to spend 70,000 guild currency to 7 star him and he takes 4 of the new gear pieces which equates to 11,200 crystals. It shouldn’t be countered by a meta/character from a year and a half ago. What is the point of obtaining these super hard characters if they are super easy to counter?

Sorry as a player who has Malak I couldn’t disagree more...

I play this game for competition - I like seeing people think outside the box and challenge the established order thats what zEP was to Revan. Malak made this better for Revan but at no stage was there a need to nerf zEP in my view b/c zEP was such a glass cannon team and far from an “auto” win team (like Revan was to zEP).

If you think paying money entitles you to have an uber “unbeatable” character then perhaps CG can release a BLOB as the next character have ppl pay $2000 for the BLOB to sit there in arena and auto ANNIHILATE the opposing team after they take a turn - seriously how boring!! and a silly stupid approach to a “balanced arena”.

I’m all for P2P players having the edge over F2P but having an “edge” does not mean blasting F2P or dolphins into oblivion.

For once..I’m going to agree with the whining majority on this one - not cool CG...not cool at all...
  • Palpatine nerf...