Darth Microtransactions rips into CG and Darth Malak.

Crackling_Doom
979 posts Member
edited April 2019
https://youtu.be/B5gIApsYvhk

Everything he said is correct, sadly. Some things he mentioned are things I didn't even consider and it's just that more disappointing.
Post edited by Crackling_Doom on

Replies

• DarthRevan1023
    637 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Watched half then turned it off cause half of it made no sense and i felt were irrelevant or useless info. First 2 min about the taunt nothing changed on the taunt part so it seemed like he didnt know malaks kit at all. Calling sith trooper useless? Hes great in emp traya or other sith teams and dr cause of the pre taunt. Saying it will take 10 years to gear (yes i know its sarcasm) and 7* malak no it wont probably 1-2 months to gear him to g11 as high as u can and 3-4 months if u save all guild event currency maybe longer depending on how much u get. About raid yes hes not a raid toon so what. Farms only carth farm was annoying rest was easy about a month or 2 for all but carth if u do 1-2 node refreshes a day. Gear expensive? Only if u buy it free if u farm it from shops raids tw tb ga so not a big deal. Difficulty of the event yea they did say it was a very very very very hard event and be very challenging so was about the level i was expecting it to be especially with the 17500 gp requirements on them. And sounded like he was complaining about that you had to be good to do it yes i think all events should require skill like that event.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Watched half then turned it off cause half of it made no sense and i felt were irrelevant or useless info. First 2 min about the taunt nothing changed on the taunt part so it seemed like he didnt know malaks kit at all. Calling sith trooper useless? Hes great in emp traya or other sith teams and dr cause of the pre taunt. Saying it will take 10 years to gear (yes i know its sarcasm) and 7* malak no it wont probably 1-2 months to gear him to g11 as high as u can and 3-4 months if u save all guild event currency maybe longer depending on how much u get. About raid yes hes not a raid toon so what. Farms only carth farm was annoying rest was easy about a month or 2 for all but carth if u do 1-2 node refreshes a day. Gear expensive? Only if u buy it free if u farm it from shops raids tw tb ga so not a big deal. Difficulty of the event yea they did say it was a very very very very hard event and be very challenging so was about the level i was expecting it to be especially with the 17500 gp requirements on them. And sounded like he was complaining about that you had to be good to do it yes i think all events should require skill like that event.

I'll counter your points this way.

1. He said Sith Trooper is useless on the team because Malak taunts. He didn't claim Sith Trooper was useless as a whole.
    2. The taunting mechanic did change. The original "rework" post said "Darth Malak has 25% chance to taunt when an enemy is inflicted with Shock or Fear". That's also the text he read. It's since been updated to "Darth Malak Taunts for 1 turn whenever an enemy is inflicted with Shock or Fear". You can read the text yourself in the screenshot he has in the video.
    3. So you're ok with being required to take months (not days or weeks) to 7* a character that you just unlocked through the game's most difficult legendary event with the strictest requirements to date? You genuinely see no issues with that? I'm all for farming but when a character needs rest of the shards through the guild store through the most difficult currency to attain and farm double the new gear required for Revan to get him to G11 that also has a severely low drop rate (I've seen people mention their drop rate is 10%), then that's a problem to me.
    4. He's a free 2 play player. And you just admitted, "Gear expensive? Only if u buy it free if u farm it from shops raids tw tb ga so not a big deal." so you proved his and my point. Thanks.

The original post (the 25% taunt chance) was based off the level 1 ability. The current text is based off the upgraded ability. That part of the ability hasn’t changed.

Malak doesn’t taunt at the beginning, which is the primary value of sith trooper in these fights. It’s not worthless. If your DR is slower it’s pretty much essential.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Moved this over to general discussion as it fits more there.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Everything he said is correct, sadly. Some things he mentioned are things I didn't even consider and it's just that more disappointing.

That's why you should never watch youtube vids, or read the forum. It seems everyone is trying to convince you the game sucks eventhough they're all playing it, lol.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Watched half then turned it off cause half of it made no sense and i felt were irrelevant or useless info. First 2 min about the taunt nothing changed on the taunt part so it seemed like he didnt know malaks kit at all. Calling sith trooper useless? Hes great in emp traya or other sith teams and dr cause of the pre taunt. Saying it will take 10 years to gear (yes i know its sarcasm) and 7* malak no it wont probably 1-2 months to gear him to g11 as high as u can and 3-4 months if u save all guild event currency maybe longer depending on how much u get. About raid yes hes not a raid toon so what. Farms only carth farm was annoying rest was easy about a month or 2 for all but carth if u do 1-2 node refreshes a day. Gear expensive? Only if u buy it free if u farm it from shops raids tw tb ga so not a big deal. Difficulty of the event yea they did say it was a very very very very hard event and be very challenging so was about the level i was expecting it to be especially with the 17500 gp requirements on them. And sounded like he was complaining about that you had to be good to do it yes i think all events should require skill like that event.

1. He said Sith Trooper is useless on the team because Malak taunts. He didn't claim Sith Trooper was useless as a whole.
    2. The taunting mechanic did change. The original "rework" post said "Darth Malak has 25% chance to taunt when an enemy is inflicted with Shock or Fear". That's also the text he read. It's since been updated to "Darth Malak Taunts for 1 turn whenever an enemy is inflicted with Shock or Fear". You can read the text yourself in the screenshot he has in the video.
    3. So you're ok with being required to take months (not days or weeks) to 7* a character that you just unlocked through the game's most difficult legendary event with the strictest requirements to date? You genuinely see no issues with that? I'm all for farming but when a character needs rest of the shards through the guild store through the most difficult currency to attain and farm double the new gear required for Revan to get him to G11 that also has a severely low drop rate (I've seen people mention their drop rate is 10%), then that's a problem to me.
    4. He's a free 2 play player. And you just admitted, "Gear expensive? Only if u buy it free if u farm it from shops raids tw tb ga so not a big deal." so you proved his and my point. Thanks.

Going off ur numbers

1. He never said for the team he called the toons c r a p p y so all if them?
    2. That was the lvl 1 ability he currently has 100% chance to taunt before the rework so nothing changed on the taunting part.
    3. Im fine finishing it but yes i would like a 7* from it. Yes the new gear blows but i saw it comming after i finished dr just to have them for malak knowing ge was going to need = to or more then dr did.
    4. Im sure u called himself a whale in a different video. And if u buy it is expensive he brought it up cause he bought the gear for his charters to be ready if u watch his previous videos he calls himself a whale.
  • Darth Revenue
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Moved this over to general discussion as it fits more there.

Uh, you moved it to "art and media".

Most likely a CG moderator moved it here to bury it.

• Watched half then turned it off cause half of it made no sense and i felt were irrelevant or useless info. First 2 min about the taunt nothing changed on the taunt part so it seemed like he didnt know malaks kit at all. Calling sith trooper useless? Hes great in emp traya or other sith teams and dr cause of the pre taunt. Saying it will take 10 years to gear (yes i know its sarcasm) and 7* malak no it wont probably 1-2 months to gear him to g11 as high as u can and 3-4 months if u save all guild event currency maybe longer depending on how much u get. About raid yes hes not a raid toon so what. Farms only carth farm was annoying rest was easy about a month or 2 for all but carth if u do 1-2 node refreshes a day. Gear expensive? Only if u buy it free if u farm it from shops raids tw tb ga so not a big deal. Difficulty of the event yea they did say it was a very very very very hard event and be very challenging so was about the level i was expecting it to be especially with the 17500 gp requirements on them. And sounded like he was complaining about that you had to be good to do it yes i think all events should require skill like that event.

Hes definitely not a f2p player.