Upcoming Change to Darth Malak [MERGE]

Replies

• Ikky2win wrote: »
    Everyone could see this coming. If you couldn’t, you weren’t paying attention. I for one love the change. Malak is the single hardest character to get. It requires two Journey characters, 8 other characters with at least 17,500 power, and one of the hardest, if not the hardest, events to date. Then once you actually have Malak, you have to spend 70,000 guild currency to 7 star him and he takes 4 of the new gear pieces which equates to 11,200 crystals. It shouldn’t be countered by a meta/character from a year and a half ago. What is the point of obtaining these super hard characters if they are super easy to counter?

I dont know if you are joking or not. If not I think you just dont want a game, you just want to pay to feel superior to other. I am sorry but this is not game related.

And there is a difference between being able to be countered and being **** invincible no matter the strategy or the mods.

Having Malak does not make you a better player, it just gives you an paying privilege. There is absolutely no game design in this so-called "game"
    Everyone could see this coming. If you couldn’t, you weren’t paying attention. I for one love the change. Malak is the single hardest character to get. It requires two Journey characters, 8 other characters with at least 17,500 power, and one of the hardest, if not the hardest, events to date. Then once you actually have Malak, you have to spend 70,000 guild currency to 7 star him and he takes 4 of the new gear pieces which equates to 11,200 crystals. It shouldn’t be countered by a meta/character from a year and a half ago. What is the point of obtaining these super hard characters if they are super easy to counter?

Im with this guy.
    I love the changes.
    SAss is still great against anything, but the very top meta. Seems reasonable for a character that was released years ago.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »

Im with this guy.
    I love the changes.
    SAss is still great against anything, but the very top meta. Seems reasonable for a character that was released years ago.

Do you also love the precedent it sets, that when a ftp countermeta emerges, it gets immediately stomped to the ground?
    Or the message sent by such a quick reaction for this while some bugs are left to fester for months?
  • They should add this in Malak ability:

Can not be beaten by a FTP character
  • Nauros wrote: »

Im with this guy.
    I love the changes.

Do you also love the precedent it sets, that when a ftp countermeta emerges, it gets immediately stomped to the ground?
    Or the message sent by such a quick reaction for this while some bugs are left to fester for months?

Yes. Arena should be dominated by the most powerful team that requires great planning to get first occasion or $$$.
    Copying someone who found an exploit with a character that everyone has, is not equal value as great planning.

Everyone hates bugs, and this game has a lot. I dont see how Malak makes CG's QA process worse.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Im with this guy.
    I love the changes.

Yes. Arena should be dominated by the most powerful team that requires great planning to get first occasion or $$$.
    Copying someone who found an exploit with a character that everyone has, is not equal value as great planning.

Everyone hates bugs, and this game has a lot. I dont see how Malak makes CG's QA process worse.

It's not like EP holds super well on def, though, so the arena is still dominated by paid characters. Any mediocre JKR, which everyone and their cat has at this point, simply walks over EP, and if they leave JKR on def, it gets shot down with DR or other JKR. The fall alone should be enough of a "punishment" for ftp.
    And concerning the bugs, it just shows their priority. Older characters bugged? Eh, whatever, we might get to it someday. Ftp having a chance in arena? Immediate action!
  • Nauros wrote: »

Im with this guy.
    I love the changes.

Again, I ask you what’s the point of getting these super hard characters if they are easily countered by something a year and a half old? Everyone wants to talk about how having a diverse meta and having F2P characters being able to take down top teams is a great thing. In what world does that work for a business model: “Hi, everyone. We’re going to be releasing new strong characters that cost money to get because we need money for the game to survive. Not to worry though, if you don’t buy the character you can still easily beat it, practically on auto, with one of the free characters you already have. Please buy this new character though. Please? I know you don’t get any value from it, but please spend money anyways. Please?”
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    No need to worry I and many other FTP are leaving. So soon you will only have other whales to fight in this dying game
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Im with this guy.
    I love the changes.

Again, I ask you what’s the point of getting these super hard characters if they are easily countered by something a year and a half old? Everyone wants to talk about how having a diverse meta and having F2P characters being able to take down top teams is a great thing. In what world does that work for a business model: “Hi, everyone. We’re going to be releasing new strong characters that cost money to get because we need money for the game to survive. Not to worry though, if you don’t buy the character you can still easily beat it, practically on auto, with one of the free characters you already have. Please buy this new character though. Please? I know you don’t get any value from it, but please spend money anyways. Please?”

Don't pretend to be ignorant. JKR is still the best defensive team and DR is still the best team to reliably beat it. Putting DR on def keeps you safe(ish) from JKR, while exposing you to EP. Keeping JKR on def keeps you safe from EP while exposing you to DR. Keeping DR on def just ensures that you fall horribly as JKR just walks over it. There's more to arena than just attacking, claiming that there is no value in DR and Malak is just ridiculous. If you are going to defend this bantha poodoo, at least try to come up with arguments that make sense.

Im with this guy.
    I love the changes.

Again, I ask you what’s the point of getting these super hard characters if they are easily countered by something a year and a half old?

So, there’s no nod to the theorycrafters? No respect for those that spend the resources and take the time to battle their way to the top with sub-optimal squads? Only some feeling of entitlement that you spent money on the latest new shiny release so you ‘deserve’ to be first? Seriously? Then, what’s the point of participating at all? I mean, do you really want some kind of certificate of achievement for the ‘ability to use the easy button’? Tell you what... give me your address and I’ll send one your way. No joke... no judgement. If that’s what’ll make you feel good about yourself, I’ll gladly do it. All I ask in return is that you stop looking down your nose at those that can win without chasing the meta. Deal?
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So all the stuff @CG_Carrie said in the road ahead 5 days ago about "variety in the meta" and "more balance" - was that a mistake? Or just an outright lie?

It was obviously a lie.

The cake is a lie

There is no cake.

New meta: We will be baked and then there will be cake.

That actually may not be that bad.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    They promise us rock-paper-scissors meta and do the opposite, again and again and again.
    The future of the game is whale against whale and ftp against ftp. There is no need to spend 100$ a month.
  • five2zero wrote: »
    They promise us rock-paper-scissors meta and do the opposite, again and again and again.
    The future of the game is whale against whale and ftp against ftp. There is no need to spend 100$ a month.

They promised a none traditional rock paper scissor in the future and will take time so i dont expect rock papper scissors till the next meta to
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Javin37 wrote: »
    Love the move.

Get rid of the palp cheese and no more "do I run assassin or trooper?".

Now can we get leviathan as a cap ship and put an end to falcon already? Enough with this rebel crap.

The only thing that's "cheese" is nerfing a team specifically to cater to p2w players.

ftp and that palp cheese was inexcusable.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    five2zero wrote: »

No, they didn't promise anything. Carrie just made some vague PR statement about diverse meta, while acknowledging that it might not actually be a "true rock-paper-scissors" meta. Connect the dots and you see that we'll be getting more of the same.
  • CG, please reconsider the change to Malak making it where oposing Sith enemies can't gain bonus turn meter. This is going to ruin the currently diverse meta and possible other counters in the future. This is really not cool! I'm actually angry over this because i felt that it takes away from peoples creativity. How about people who invested in Darth Maul zeta? Is that just worthless now? Are we going to get a refund to Palpatines zeta and Darth Mauls zeta? Because a lot of people invested in Palpatine zeta BECAUSE it countered the Darth Revan teams. There's much better ways to go about fixing Darth Malak than simply adding in a line "sith enemies can't gain TM" on his unique ability without any qualifiers to trigger it. How about making it so that if Darth Malak has shock on him, then the cancelation of TM happens? Seriously, please reconsider this drastic change to Darth Malak because this has very dire repercussions in the meta with this change.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    CG, please reconsider the change to Malak making it where oposing Sith enemies can't gain bonus turn meter. This is going to ruin the currently diverse meta and possible other counters in the future. This is really not cool! I'm actually angry over this because i felt that it takes away from peoples creativity. How about people who invested in Darth Maul zeta? Is that just worthless now? Are we going to get a refund to Palpatines zeta and Darth Mauls zeta? Because a lot of people invested in Palpatine zeta BECAUSE it countered the Darth Revan teams. There's much better ways to go about fixing Darth Malak than simply adding in a line "sith enemies can't gain TM" on his unique ability without any qualifiers to trigger it. How about making it so that if Darth Malak has shock on him, then the cancelation of TM happens? Seriously, please reconsider this drastic change to Darth Malak because this has very dire repercussions in the meta with this change.

To be fair, Zaul team are very long past their prime and nowhere near meta, so the Malak change is mostly irrelevant for them.
  • obikenobi1 wrote: »
    . How about people who invested in Darth Maul zeta? Is that just worthless now? Are we going to get a refund to Palpatines zeta and Darth Mauls zeta?

You invested zeta to Maul to counter D.Revan with Malak? Really? That worked?

People who invested in Palp only to counter D.Revan should be very new players...

• I got the Papa Palp zeta after his rework. That along with whaling for Sion finally got me into top 10 for arena. That was right after JTR was released right? Funny how that zeta made him relevant again and now. It was cool to beat one Heroic Journey character right after release. Not cool to beat the new character that took 2 journey characters to get. Getting hard for me to keep up with the event names. Not even sure what JKR and DR event are called anymore.
  • Great that an old palp lead meta can`t defeat the new meta anymore... but i definetly want my gear 12 and 12+ pieces stripped off my Sith assasin now and returned to my inbox :)
  • Me: Whaled out to get DR so I could be on top of the meta for once.

Also me: Saw DR immediately marginalized by CG rolling out another p2w toon. Finally accepted that spending money gets you no respect from them and even if you spend on a character it will probably be irrelevant in a matter of weeks.

Now me: Watching "fix" after "fix" for Darth Malak to make him worth the investment ppl put into him. *Shrugs, puts away wallet forever as far as CG is concerned*
  • DocDoom wrote: »
    Me: Whaled out to get DR so I could be on top of the meta for once.

Also me: Saw DR immediately marginalized by CG rolling out another p2w toon. Finally accepted that spending money gets you no respect from them and even if you spend on a character it will probably be irrelevant in a matter of weeks.

Now me: Watching "fix" after "fix" for Darth Malak to make him worth the investment ppl put into him. *Shrugs, puts away wallet forever as far as CG is concerned*
    Yeah, pretty much can echo this sentiment.

They burned paying customers who put a bit into DR with how they released Malak. Burning first time spenders with that kind of thing isn't a smart move.
  • LJI
    5 posts Member
    This feels like a disrespect to all the player that spend time trying to figure out how to beat a new meta. And the poor explanation "so that if performs closer to what we initially intended".....you mean unbeatable against standar teams?. Do you work and test your game to avoid things like this to happend!
  • @CG_SBCrumb -- can you please clarify the update? Is it that sith enemies only don't gain tm when inflicted with shock or as long as Malak is on the field? Additionally, how does this interact with his Jaws of Life zeta? Now, if the other side has Malak, can he still gain the bonus turn?

Edit: Also, can you please clarify if that is the level 1 text for the unique, or are you removing all the other stuff from it?

Malak gains a bonus turn, not gains turn meter, so it won't be affected, just like GMYoda's AoE interplay with the HK Zeta.
  • Doesn't make sense to have malak ruin Sith Assassin and Sith Marauder when we told to gear those toons up
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Again, I ask you what’s the point of getting these super hard characters if they are easily countered by something a year and a half old?

The only reasons why Malak was "super-hard" were super-lack of information about requirements and super-short event time. He won't be "super-hard" on next appearance.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I’ll be honest. My arena ranges in the 50 to 100 so Malak seems like a distant problem to me, I don’t even have to fight Darth Revan team from there. I only had to face one DR team in GA, that’s it.

Yet this leaves a sour taste in my mouth... I like Star Wars, that is why I like this game and it really disturbs me that an insignificant character such as Malak throws the major antagonist character in the whole franchise into the garbage bin. I mean the latest trailer from the next major installment in the movies put Palpatine on the front and center of the Star Wars scene. What does CG do the day after? They put Palpatine in the character bin... what the heck CG? The money above everything else, am I right?
  • Moechenche wrote: »
    Doesn't make sense to have malak ruin Sith Assassin and Sith Marauder when we told to gear those toons up

Only ruined sass in mirror matches or vs malak but murader could still be useful and would still be the same against malak cause dr teams dont attack out of turn so he would get no bonus tm anyway.

In the meta option against current sith it stops dn bonus 10% tm gain when traya/dn is afflicted with a debuff sass 2nd special emp lead and thats about all Out of the possible sith toons at the top traya sion dn emp murader sass trooper dr bsf malak. Dont count murader as affected cause even with out malaks ability addiction he got no tm from Fighting a sith team
  • Someone there must be taking the DT approach to business.

1. Find something people are invested in and make false promises and exaggerated claims. (Diversity in the meta, characters you love, 5-year plan)
    2. Make used-car salesman like decisions that increase revenue a small percentage at the expense of any long term, legacy investment. (Surprise gear change after character is already purchased, everything surrounding the timing of the Malak event, changes to characters after purchase with a marginal "reimbursement".)
    3. When the complaints come in, downplay or silence the reaction, and make excuses. (Move every complaint to one thread, "not as we intended", ignoring mistakes)
    4. Repeat step 2 (changing a character after the event has ended so they're not even obtainable anymore demonstrating that EVERY new character MUST be purchased or you will lose on the roll of a dice)
    5. Collect your bonus for the small increase over the short period and get out before anybody notices the torch mob and never look back at what you've destroyed while padding your resume. (whatever game CG works on next)
    6. Call yourself a genius.