Crystal Hoarders achieving unattainable goals is probably the reason why f2p are under attack

With so many free to play players catching the crystal hoarding trend, you have inspired the devs to release characters like Malak in the way that they did. Your bragging about how you achieved to get Chewbacca and 3PO and The falcon and Revan without spending a dime, has made the devs go the extra mile to ensure that crystal hoarders won't get the same thing that big spenders get.

There is a reason why legendaries follow shortly after the required characters become farmable, it's because people are supposed to spend money to get them, but when you hoard hundreds of thousands of crystals you basically break the game because you aren't playing it the way that the devs had in mind. This is why you see Malak released the way he was and of course why you can only get him to 5 stars but you must also get rid of your GET stash to max him out.

Their desperate efforts to force Malak in the meta, trying to hurt the payouts of anyone who doesn't have him, is a testament to this. They want to come after your big piles of crystals and resources and they are going to keep coming up with new ways to achieve that. The game is coming to an end afterall, within the next 2 years.

First they will drain everyone with events that are beyond crazy hard. Right around October/November you'll get drained by the new movie roster, shortly after they will start doing reworks, releasing some key characters in between that will keep your stash small all that building up to a massive fleet 3.0 update that's going to introduce a ship raid and a ton of new ships that will take forever to upgrade. And then the grand finale, once everyone is bone dry of resources, Jedi Luke will come with a power creep that this game has never seem before. You'll enjoy your Jedi Luke a few months before the servers close and CG moves to the next game.

Replies

• Exactlyyyy.

Put a limit on hoarding, arguably the dumbest part of the game.

I got DR and malak, as an ftp without hoarding. And man did i require wits and planning to achieve it. Whereas these fools who think hoarding is a big deal got him easily, while making things harder for us by forcing devs to release things this way.

Tldr: Put a limit on how much one can hoard their resources. 10k seems like a good limit. And 10 full pieces of top gear is a good limit too.
  • Wow so we are to be punished for planning ahead? This game is so expensive people are forced to save Resources. Whether I have 10 vaults saved up or spend $1000 it shouldn't bother anyone else.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Exactlyyyy.

Put a limit on hoarding, arguably the dumbest part of the game

Tldr: Put a limit on how much one can hoard their resources. 10k seems like a good limit. And 10 full pieces of top gear is a good limit too.

Hoarding... saving... managing... call it what you will. I’ll support limits on saving resources the day there’s a limit imposed on spending.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    This ability to resist temptation and stick to our goals is often referred to as willpower or self-control, and delaying gratification is often seen as a central part of this behavior. We put off what we want now so that we can perhaps get something else, something better, later on.

Choosing a long-term reward over immediate gratification poses a major challenge in many areas of life. From avoiding a slice of chocolate cake when we are trying to lose weight to staying home to study instead of going out to a party with friends, the ability to delay gratification can mean the difference between achieving our goals or not. Do you have the ability to resist and receive a later — and even better — reward?

Researchers have found that this ability to delay gratification is not just an important part of goal achievement; it might also have a major impact on long-term life success and overall well-being.

TLDR: Start hoarding resources.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    This is the worst idea I have ever heard. "Oh yeah, let's just delete peoples hard earned goods because they aren't spending money" Your idea would literally kill the game on the spot.
  • I am not interested in the way other players manage their resources, there is a thing called freedom.
    You are free to spend insane amount of money if this makes you happy etc...
    (FYI, I didn't unlock Darth Revan, so I dont' have Malak).
    Devs are evil, devoted to a false messiah (KOTOR), and hungry for money.
    This cannot be claimed as a payers fault.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    They should move crystal rewards to GA and it will solve the issue.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The increasing difficulty of events has nothing to do with f2p players, those won't spend anyway.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Bragging has nothing to do with it, they have the data anyway. And getting a stockpile of crystals means not spending them on something else, so it's not like hoarders get more. They just make smarter choices, which is something that should be rewarded, not punished.
    The blame for the changes lies squarely on CG/EA. Not the hoarders, the whales, the ftp or any other subset of players. That's where we should go with our torches and pitchforks, instead of squabbling among ourselves.
  • Yeah, blame people that actually thought a bit and decided to plan ahead. That’s just awesome.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Or maybe no one is under attack and they are just giving people more ways to spend (in game resources or $$)to get things. To sweeten the pot, they make those things worth an investment...

I know it's a crazy idea to out a value on something that someone may want or make something in a way that someone is willing to spend a little more to get it, but there are companies out there that do that. Last time I checked you didnt need to talk to your car.

(Spending can be both in game resources or $$, not everything is solely for whales)
  • Saving a bunch of resources isnt planning ahead. Infact its pretty easy, i've done it in the past, and it's just a silly way of playing(so stopped doing it).

As i said before, i got darth revan and malak without hoarding at all. I think that is real planning ahead. And it was very tough.

Anyway, dont just take away resources all of a sudden. Give a fair amount of warning that a limit is going to be imposed, then impose it after a few weeks.

Believe me, the game will be much, much better that way. Currently there's hardly any variety cause no one's taking chances. Everyone just hoards a bunch and spends on the newest thing after its proven to be meta defining. Then yeah, calls it strategy and planning ahead. Thats no fun, is it?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Saving a bunch of resources isnt planning ahead. Infact its pretty easy, i've done it in the past, and it's just a silly way of playing(so stopped doing it).

As i said before, i got darth revan and malak without hoarding at all. I think that is real planning ahead. And it was very tough.

Anyway, dont just take away resources all of a sudden. Give a fair amount of warning that a limit is going to be imposed, then impose it after a few weeks.

Believe me, the game will be much, much better that way. Currently there's hardly any variety cause no one's taking chances. Everyone just hoards a bunch and spends on the newest thing after its proven to be meta defining. Then yeah, calls it strategy and planning ahead. Thats no fun, is it?

if you unlocked malak without hoarding, you got lucky. I don't mean that in a bad way, i also got lucky and didn't need any of my hoarded resources to unlock malak.
  • Hoarding resources is just plain smart, and by definition it IS planning ahead. I can't believe I just read that there are people out there who think putting a limit on resource hoarding is a good idea. Of all the terrible no good very bad things that CG has implemented, that proposed change would be the worst by a mile.
    Honestly, it's probably the worst idea I've ever heard proposed on this site (which is really saying something), and I am completely shocked that some are agreeing with it.
  • “FTP under attack” lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    Saving a bunch of resources isnt planning ahead. Infact its pretty easy, i've done it in the past, and it's just a silly way of playing(so stopped doing it).

if you unlocked malak without hoarding, you got lucky. I don't mean that in a bad way, i also got lucky and didn't need any of my hoarded resources to unlock malak.

Lucky, maybe, but I see it as playing smart. All of those toons are great toons and great teams and were deserving of resources, before the event. People get so caught up in hoarding they forget to spend. Hoarding only makes sense as a plan, hoarding to ensure you have stuff will just get out of hand.

Congratulations, by the way.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Lucky, maybe, but I see it as playing smart. All of those toons are great toons and great teams and were deserving of resources, before the event. People get so caught up in hoarding they forget to spend. Hoarding only makes sense as a plan, hoarding to ensure you have stuff will just get out of hand.

Lucky as in i could have invested those resources into any great team, i just happened to have used them on the required toons. There really wasn't any indication they would be needed at those gearlevels for an unlock, so i'd call that luck.
  • leef wrote: »

Lucky as in i could have invested those resources into any great team, i just happened to have used them on the required toons. There really wasn't any indication they would be needed at those gearlevels for an unlock, so i'd call that luck.

I'm on the same boat. It is indeed luck, because we spent resources on them instead of other good characters. I farmed mission and zaalbar because I liked them and gave them Zetas, but i could have finished first order instead.

We hoard because if cg decides tu pull a malak needing clones, we need to be ready
  • This is by far the worst idea I've ever heard. But now that you have suggested it as a limit they will probably implement it. So people save for things they want, what's it to you. Based on my short experience it's a free game in the first place. Not your job to pay anyone's salary. People who want more spend more or save more. Two opposing sides of the same token.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I invested in them right off the bat because they are a good team. We have had so many mediocre full teams come out of this process that it was a good team to jump on. It's always hard to find a full substitution team that doesn't break up another viable one.
  • With so many free to play players catching the crystal hoarding trend, you have inspired the devs to release characters like Malak in the way that they did. Your bragging about how you achieved to get Chewbacca and 3PO and The falcon and Revan without spending a dime, has made the devs go the extra mile to ensure that crystal hoarders won't get the same thing that big spenders get.

There is a reason why legendaries follow shortly after the required characters become farmable, it's because people are supposed to spend money to get them, but when you hoard hundreds of thousands of crystals you basically break the game because you aren't playing it the way that the devs had in mind. This is why you see Malak released the way he was and of course why you can only get him to 5 stars but you must also get rid of your GET stash to max him out.

Their desperate efforts to force Malak in the meta, trying to hurt the payouts of anyone who doesn't have him, is a testament to this. They want to come after your big piles of crystals and resources and they are going to keep coming up with new ways to achieve that. The game is coming to an end afterall, within the next 2 years.

First they will drain everyone with events that are beyond crazy hard. Right around October/November you'll get drained by the new movie roster, shortly after they will start doing reworks, releasing some key characters in between that will keep your stash small all that building up to a massive fleet 3.0 update that's going to introduce a ship raid and a ton of new ships that will take forever to upgrade. And then the grand finale, once everyone is bone dry of resources, Jedi Luke will come with a power creep that this game has never seem before. You'll enjoy your Jedi Luke a few months before the servers close and CG moves to the next game.

You must have been dropped on your head too many times as a child to be this dumb