Upcoming Change to Darth Malak [MERGE]

Replies

• Globuhl wrote: »
    They put Palpatine in the character bin... what the heck CG?
    Palpatine was a meta last year first with Vader, then with Sion. Then meta changed to jedi under Bastilla lead. You have "forgotten" this not to spoul the picture of "the most powerful antagonist in the bin" or you are too young to remember this? I bet on the last as old players know that in this game even the superpowerful characters may be bitten by some noname characters with 2 sec film time...

• It's a bit of a shame that no "fix" seems to get past QA unless it leaves at least one toon dead in the gutter. Palp will still be good in a lot of teams. Sith Assassin lands right on the trash heap.

Looks like their definition of minimal invasive surgery is hacking at things with a claymore.
  • Absolutely DISGUSTING
    I'll won't repeat everything above excepet this game is really going downhill fast
    This mercenary atitude will go nowhere, many guildmates are leaving the game (the good half)
    When you have only whales left this paywalls will be pointless
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    So in the road ahead...that bit about "variety" and a "balanced meta"????

7e8.png
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

7e8.png

Was actually above where the road ahead started
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

7e8.png

That doesn't make it any more true.
  • Nauros wrote: »

7e8.png

rr95dhkjf1dq.jpg

If u actually read it u forgot in the future and will take time and its not part of the road ahead circled the meta part and underlined where the road ahead starts
  • The mind boggling part to me is that they didn't see this coming (or worse, they did and went this route anyway). The moment they revealed Revan's kit, many of us thought "wow, EP is arena viable again with all of those debuffs being thrown around."

What they should have done when DR was initially released was to modify EPs leadership ability to trigger only on debuffs inflicted by Sith and Empire allies. They're the only ones that get the benefit anyway and I can't think of a toon (outside of OG Kylo and GG..) that debuffs themselves or their allies to such an extent it would have a material impact on a match. EP is so effective because of the sheer number of debuffs being triggered by SIth Empire (minimally 25% TM increase per enemy turn). Everyone was already accustomed to running EP solely in those comps. It's thematically appropriate. Nobody would have blinked and only a slight few would have squinted.

If they were smart enough to have done it a few weeks prior to DR's kit reveal, it would have fueled speculation about the upcoming release and potentially generated hype / revenue as the community went wild with theories.

Instead, Darth Revan gets released into the wild. Darth Gear Wall gets his surprise event. And THEN it becomes an issue.

Stop playing checkers.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    If u actually read it u forgot in the future and will take time and its not part of the road ahead circled the meta part and underlined where the road ahead starts

Are you serious with this silliness, or just trolling? If you are serious, I have to ask - is it you that works for CG/EA or just a family member?

Carrie still said it - where in the post is fairly irrelevant. Unless there had been a portion of the post entitled "This Is What We Are Definitely NOT Doing Ever." :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

7e8.png

rr95dhkjf1dq.jpg

Still doesn't change the fact that they are acting in direct contradiction to what they wrote. We had a rock-paper-scissors meta, and it was reverted to a one man show.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Are you serious with this silliness, or just trolling? If you are serious, I have to ask - is it you that works for CG/EA or just a family member?

Carrie still said it - where in the post is fairly irrelevant. Unless there had been a portion of the post entitled "This Is What We Are Definitely NOT Doing Ever." :D

No im not a cg/ea employee or a family member of one. But what she said was above the actual road ahead content and she said in the future since it wasn't an actual part of it i see it as 3+ months we will see snother meta toon probably based on ep9 and that will allow jkr /dr + whatever the 3rd charter to share the meta but after that im guessing jkr wont be part of and will be shut out like emp was to keep only 3 teams viable in the meta unless they wsnt to reset it back to 1 and build in back up which will take a while probably close to 9+ months every time they reset the meta

xxxstkup0cel.jpg
  • Crynus
    19 posts Member
    oh no I'm sure they want a diverse meta but not with f2p. they meant 3 different p2p teams.
  • DarthRevan1023
    637 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Crynus wrote: »
    oh no I'm sure they want a diverse meta but not with f2p. they meant 3 different p2p teams.

Yea thats my guess its going to be p2p teams and ones tomany get them f2p they will cycle out but a f2p can still get it with planning and saving resources
  • jdport
    82 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Crynus wrote: »

This sounds familiar. Incoming marquee counter in 2 weeks maybe (eg BSF release shortly after JKR)
  • Nose
    19 posts Member
    0w59bwrhxqpa.png

I don’t mind the notion to stop a FTP toon from demolishing the new toy that takes a significant amount of resources to achieve, but nerfing numerous characters , most notably Sith Assassin is criminal and CG should refund Gear to those that geared her or Sith Marauder. They effectively made them garbage toons that many, whether P2P or FTP geared in order to have the best possible arena team. In a resource constrained game, this is an injustice to the whole player base. I never would have geared her with 12+ gear Prior to the Sith Empire meta and I know others feel the same.

Again, I’m not complaining about the fact that a change was needed.
  • Nose wrote: »
    0w59bwrhxqpa.png

I don’t mind the notion to stop a FTP toon from demolishing the new toy that takes a significant amount of resources to achieve, but nerfing numerous characters , most notably Sith Assassin is criminal and CG should refund Gear to those that geared her or Sith Marauder. They effectively made them garbage toons that many, whether P2P or FTP geared in order to have the best possible arena team. In a resource constrained game, this is an injustice to the whole player base. I never would have geared her with 12+ gear Prior to the Sith Empire meta and I know others feel the same.

Sith murader not so much cause yes it would negate his tm gain but it requires attacking out of turn to feed it which a sith empire team have no way to do it so hrs unaffected cause of the team comps
  • Perhaps the quickest and biggest u-turn that CG have annoyed everyone with ever...all in 6-days!
    uraiw3g3x5eb.png
  • Nose wrote: »
    0w59bwrhxqpa.png

Sith murader not so much cause yes it would negate his tm gain but it requires attacking out of turn to feed it which a sith empire team have no way to do it so hrs unaffected cause of the team comps

Sith Trooper is the most-used 5th in the Malak team.
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Perhaps the quickest and biggest u-turn that CG have annoyed everyone with ever...all in 6-days!
    uraiw3g3x5eb.png

They did say in the future and it will tske a while aka dosent meen over night or a few weeks probably will be 3+ months till that statement comes true from the road ahead post slso it was just above the road ahead so dosent have to be in the quarter
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Perhaps the quickest and biggest u-turn that CG have annoyed everyone with ever...all in 6-days!
    uraiw3g3x5eb.png

Says "filter in over time"...primary meta becomes more balanced "in the future".

Doesn't say "is already in place" and "immediately".
  • prime311
    52 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Even at the height of jkr he was still reliably beatable with Traya. CLS was beatable with thrawn and troopers. Zep and Traya were beatable with Titans. Every meta has been beatable by a team that wasn't the top meta. They might not hold as well on defense, but you could at least get to climb in arena every day.

I don't get why people think DR and malak should be impossible to beat, the game was never that way.

This is turning out to be the worst release because cg is intentionally making a meta that was nearly impossible to get without spending a bunch of money and simply can't be reliably beat without having them yourself. Even people that for dr are now at a significant disadvantage if they didn't also get Malak. Having teams that can only be beat by a mirror ruins the fun in arena, gw, and tw.
  • This game, this month.

8495m6hi8wll.jpg
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    qlrqj4rpdbor.jpeg
    Well the Roads Ahead said there will be a balance in the Arena in the future. However people who don't have DR or Malak like me can simply not see the ROAD in the future. As we can still use Palpatine to defeat Darth Revan, after changing the unique skill there is no way for us to take the lead and get the 500 crystals. Yeah that's what EA/CG's so called balance——「we will work for the balance, but you guys are prohibited from defeating Malak😉」

Don't worry. Once Revan and Malak come back and everyone has them, the new clone era chars will beat these guys on auto. Question is how much will they cost?

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »
    uraiw3g3x5eb.png

Says "filter in over time"...primary meta becomes more balanced "in the future".

If it's a stated goal, then why ruin it when it's already in place only to maybe renew it somewhere down the line?
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    uraiw3g3x5eb.png

If it's a stated goal, then why ruin it when it's already in place only to maybe renew it somewhere down the line?

Already answered.
  • Javin37 wrote: »
    uraiw3g3x5eb.png

So you think it's a valid way to do things to state flat out that this is your aim going forwards, and then to specifically move in the opposite direction towards a forced 1-squad meta a week later when the characters "as released" didn't move the game that way to begin with?
    This was a specific post-release change to STOP exactly what they'd just said they were aiming to start...! However you try and justify the 'in the future' bit what they have done was not only done after that post and after the standard character release and ONLY AFTER people found that Palpatine/Sith could counter Malak, then they've gone and done the exact opposite and made a mechanics change to enforce a meta not vary it!
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    uraiw3g3x5eb.png

So you think it's a valid way to do things to state flat out that this is your aim going forwards, and then to specifically move in the opposite direction towards a forced 1-squad meta a week later when the characters "as released" didn't move the game that way to begin with?
    This was a specific post-release change to STOP exactly what they'd just said they were aiming to start...! However you try and justify the 'in the future' bit what they have done was not only done after that post and after the standard character release and ONLY AFTER people found that Palpatine/Sith could counter Malak, then they've gone and done the exact opposite and made a mechanics change to enforce a meta not vary it!

I think it says "filter in over time"...primary meta becomes more balanced "in the future" because it actually says that and those words mean what they mean.

I don't think those words me "already in place" and "immediately"...if you think that is what it meant then your position is invalid.

• Nauros wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Everyone could see this coming. If you couldn’t, you weren’t paying attention. I for one love the change. Malak is the single hardest character to get. It requires two Journey characters, 8 other characters with at least 17,500 power, and one of the hardest, if not the hardest, events to date. Then once you actually have Malak, you have to spend 70,000 guild currency to 7 star him and he takes 4 of the new gear pieces which equates to 11,200 crystals. It shouldn’t be countered by a meta/character from a year and a half ago. What is the point of obtaining these super hard characters if they are super easy to counter?

Im with this guy.
    I love the changes.
    SAss is still great against anything, but the very top meta. Seems reasonable for a character that was released years ago.

Do you also love the precedent it sets, that when a ftp countermeta emerges, it gets immediately stomped to the ground?
    Or the message sent by such a quick reaction for this while some bugs are left to fester for months?

Yes. Arena should be dominated by the most powerful team that requires great planning to get first occasion or $$$.
    Copying someone who found an exploit with a character that everyone has, is not equal value as great planning.

Everyone hates bugs, and this game has a lot. I dont see how Malak makes CG's QA process worse.

It's not an exploit. The DR team's abilities revolve around EP's signature debuff. Why was shock chosen as one of the key mechanics for SE abilities if EP is not supposed to benefit from it?
  • I know the devs pay attention to these forums and I hope they retract this change before it occurs based off the sheer negative response that this thread as well as some of the most popular YouTuber swgoh channels have had on this change. I loved battle arena over the past week because there were so many different teams and it came down to strategy rather than who has the best mods.

Also, with this change it really feels like they are purposely making KOTR sith better than modern sith. I hope they retract this change before they implement it and go back to the drawing board. I get they want to make the investment worth it for Malak this makes F2P players like me who only on rare occasion buy gems want to quit. I strongly disapprove of this change.