Can't you hear the people?!

Prev13
You said you would give us a big notice before a new journey/legendary event character.
You gave us 3 days for the Malak event.
You said you want rock-paper-scissors meta.
It was achieved (probably unintended for 15-20 days) and now you take it away.
You said you are going to hear the concerns of the player base.
A petition was signed by 11k people to keep hard nodes to 8. Totally ignored.
CG? What are you doing? You are killing the game.

Replies

  • Fives5555 wrote: »
    It’s more EA’s fault. They have the final say on things

    And Disney to an extent but probably more EAs
  • Fives5555 wrote: »
    It’s more EA’s fault. They have the final say on things

    And Disney to an extent but probably more EAs

    Yup...and just last month it was announced that EA would be losing its Star Wars Games licence - so perhaps Disney is as upset with them as us players!
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    They listen to metrics. The forum is a TINY percentage of actual players.

    Clearly their metrics (play time, $ spent, etc) are telling them this is the way to go. They may pay some lip service occasionally, but you should really just accept that the forums just for players to talk to each other. They don't care about anything that gets said here.

    Frankly I can't blame them, since no matter what they say, everyone craps all over them for it.

    Yea and the ones that can see where they coming from and try to back cg up a bit gets **** on
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Yup...and just last month it was announced that EA would be losing its Star Wars Games licence - so perhaps Disney is as upset with them as us players!

    That's pretty big news, but I haven't seen anything beyond speculation. Link to source/article?
  • Kyno
    20435 posts Moderator
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    It’s more EA’s fault. They have the final say on things

    And Disney to an extent but probably more EAs

    Yup...and just last month it was announced that EA would be losing its Star Wars Games licence - so perhaps Disney is as upset with them as us players!

    @Beeblebrox I would love to see the article stating that, can you share a link.
  • Crynus
    19 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    It’s more EA’s fault. They have the final say on things

    And Disney to an extent but probably more EAs

    Yup...and just last month it was announced that EA would be losing its Star Wars Games licence - so perhaps Disney is as upset with them as us players!

    @Beeblebrox I would love to see the article stating that, can you share a link.

    there isn't one. he is spouting a clickbait headline from some website.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    It’s more EA’s fault. They have the final say on things

    And Disney to an extent but probably more EAs

    Yup...and just last month it was announced that EA would be losing its Star Wars Games licence - so perhaps Disney is as upset with them as us players!

    @Beeblebrox I would love to see the article stating that, can you share a link.

    I couldn't find a good source other then a few people speculating
  • Gifafi
    1152 posts Member
    I keep hearing the game is dying, anyone have a link?
  • Nauros
    2428 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    It’s more EA’s fault. They have the final say on things

    And Disney to an extent but probably more EAs

    Yup...and just last month it was announced that EA would be losing its Star Wars Games licence - so perhaps Disney is as upset with them as us players!

    @Beeblebrox I would love to see the article stating that, can you share a link.

    Beeblebrox probably means the reopening of Lucasfilm Games, which is still a far cry from EA completely losing the licence.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    It’s more EA’s fault. They have the final say on things

    And Disney to an extent but probably more EAs

    Yup...and just last month it was announced that EA would be losing its Star Wars Games licence - so perhaps Disney is as upset with them as us players!

    @Beeblebrox I would love to see the article stating that, can you share a link.

    I'm sure you can find it yourself with a few minutes spent not making unnecessary censorship changes to accurate forum posts

    no link then? shocking stuff

    I'm not allowed to publish internal e-mails, and won't be goaded into it, but I'm pretty sure they've leaked hence suggesting Kyno search for the info
  • Nauros
    2428 posts Member
    SirOberon wrote: »
    They hear us and they laugh. They don't care as long as they get paid.
    And that right there is the key...
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Crynus
    19 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    It’s more EA’s fault. They have the final say on things

    And Disney to an extent but probably more EAs

    Yup...and just last month it was announced that EA would be losing its Star Wars Games licence - so perhaps Disney is as upset with them as us players!

    @Beeblebrox I would love to see the article stating that, can you share a link.

    I'm sure you can find it yourself with a few minutes spent not making unnecessary censorship changes to accurate forum posts

    no link then? shocking stuff

    I'm not allowed to publish internal e-mails, and won't be goaded into it, but I'm pretty sure they've leaked hence suggesting Kyno search for the info

    internal email is not an announcement like you proclaimed.
  • Gifafi
    1152 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    It’s more EA’s fault. They have the final say on things

    And Disney to an extent but probably more EAs

    Yup...and just last month it was announced that EA would be losing its Star Wars Games licence - so perhaps Disney is as upset with them as us players!

    @Beeblebrox I would love to see the article stating that, can you share a link.

    I'm sure you can find it yourself with a few minutes spent not making unnecessary censorship changes to accurate forum posts

    no link then? shocking stuff

    I'm not allowed to publish internal e-mails, and won't be goaded into it, but I'm pretty sure they've leaked hence suggesting Kyno search for the info

    it's your claim, back it up. lol internal emails. c'mon
  • Ultra
    2882 posts Member
    Articled wrote: »
    You said you would give us a big notice before a new journey/legendary event character.
    You gave us 3 days for the Malak event.
    To be fair, Malak event was a new type of event called Mythic Battles and they never said they’ll give a week notice for Mythic Battles.
  • Nauros
    2428 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Articled wrote: »
    You said you would give us a big notice before a new journey/legendary event character.
    You gave us 3 days for the Malak event.
    To be fair, Malak event was a new type of event called Mythic Battles and they never said they’ll give a week notice for Mythic Battles.

    At this point, one has to ask why they even bothered with announcing a cadence when they are looking for excuses to break it.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Articled wrote: »
    You said you would give us a big notice before a new journey/legendary event character.
    You gave us 3 days for the Malak event.
    To be fair, Malak event was a new type of event called Mythic Battles and they never said they’ll give a week notice for Mythic Battles.

    Ah, so we'll get notice for any new Journey/Legendary events...but they're not going to use those event types in future and so won't give us any notice, hate them of course, but you have to admire the sneakiness :p
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I keep hearing the game is dying, anyone have a link?

    Every online game in history has people constantly declaring that it is "dying." I played Everquest for 3 years and it was "dying" the entire time. 17 years later it's still online.

    By dying I believe people mean loss of players and revenue- both of which are down compared to LY.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I keep hearing the game is dying, anyone have a link?

    Every online game in history has people constantly declaring that it is "dying." I played Everquest for 3 years and it was "dying" the entire time. 17 years later it's still online.

    By dying I believe people mean loss of players and revenue- both of which are down compared to LY.

    Got to look at that + downloads from both stores and downloads this year dying also can meen the ration from new players joing and old players quiting is down also
  • Ultra
    2882 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Articled wrote: »
    You said you would give us a big notice before a new journey/legendary event character.
    You gave us 3 days for the Malak event.
    To be fair, Malak event was a new type of event called Mythic Battles and they never said they’ll give a week notice for Mythic Battles.

    At this point, one has to ask why they even bothered with announcing a cadence when they are looking for excuses to break it.
    They only started introducing newer release types like Galactic Chase and Mythic Battles after the marquee release complains feedback. The players complained and gave them the excuse on a silver platter.

    The candence they gave out was for Legendary, Journey, and Marquees since these newer release types didn’t exist back then. So it made a lot of sense back then and is helpful in predicting future marquee / legendary / journey toons (such as when B1 and Droideka being sent to nodes) and when existing ones will return
  • Articled wrote: »
    A petition was signed by 11k people to keep hard nodes to 8. Totally ignored.

    There are around 285k Farmboys across all players listed on swgoh.gg

    Sadly 11k is nothing in the big picture and not even close to being enough to make CG / EA raise an eyebrow.
Sign In or Register to comment.