Will Malak even be viable when you 7* him?

Sneekypete
281 posts Member
edited April 2019
Sure some had the GE currency to get 7* or even 6* but most of us got him at 5* and are looking at 3 months minimum to 7*. Will he even be meta viable, or DR for that matter with clone wars and EP9 right after that? Seems should just ultra hoard now lol always did crystals and other things but guess we have to hoard all and never spend but then we get nothing so I'd rather have a 5* and use him for 3 months. Side note that event was amazing and well scripted and had amazing mechanics, sorry for those who thought other wise.
Post edited by Sneekypete on

Replies

• No.
  • No best bet is just buy a few shards at a time and 7* slowly... Meta changes on average every 3-4 months... Im sure he will be part of future metas... But this meta will be over by the time most get him to 7*£
  • Afraid of that, still cool but wont 7* him for quite a while lol :(
  • As someone who has Malak, -- what a strange question. You must not have him. Why do I say this? Look at my profile -- https://swgoh.gg/p/671797632/ Look at my arena rank. Look at my arena team. Understand, I floated in the 30' & 40's with JKR. 30's and 20's with Darth Revan and now sit sub 20 and top 10 with Malak. He will still be relevant just like Darth Nilihus and Sion.
  • with the buff, he will be meta right now at 5*
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    "Meta?" Maybe not. "Viable?" Yes, obviously. JKR has been around for quite a while now and there's still only a handful of teams that can reliably beat him. There's no reason to believe DR/Malak won't have at least that much staying power.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• No best bet is just buy a few shards at a time and 7* slowly... Meta changes on average every 3-4 months... Im sure he will be part of future metas... But this meta will be over by the time most get him to 7*£

My recommendation is to save your shards and not buy anything yet. Then start buying his shards all at once as you close on enough to max him. This way you max him as soon as possible, but should something change before then you have the flexibility to alter your course.