Disheartened by the grievous rework? Never fear... BB8 makes the team amazing!

Replies

• H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Smapty can you list your mods?

I want a Target to shoot for and I'm pretty sure they are modded well.

Sadly my b1z/droideka z are 3* g11+ and I can't break top 50. Do you think 7* will make all the difference? I know for at least Droideka it would.

Offense goes from 3000 to 4000
    Armor and resistance goes from 20-40 and 12-30 which is huge for his survivability.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    @H_B0MBZ here’s my gg profile if you want to have a look

https://swgoh.gg/p/298548193/
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I haven’t recorded very many fights with this HK led team vs DR teams... but there’s been a lot I wish I had...

I’ve seen Grievous hit his AOE for 135k against the other team and completely wipe them out...

I’m pretty sure some battles have only been 15 seconds or less...

It doesn’t win every time... I’d say 8/10 on full auto vs DR... and it’s a somewhat one dimensional team since the fact that DR teams debuff themselves and just boost GG’s AOE’s to an obnoxious level... it’s what makes the potential for super fast brutal wins...

But still it’s pretty fun to just click that “auto” button and see what happens...

I still switch back to the standard team I started this thread about when I face JKR... and I can even auto those team as well (although the win % is much lower... maybe 50/50)

Anyways... here’s another vid of the GG team vs DR... not the best they’ve ever done but still 23 seconds isn’t too shabby :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=goJRuM8er8w
  • I'm more concerned about the basti buff right now. Can you guys still beat jkr teams with seps?
  • CosmicJ wrote: »
    I'm more concerned about the basti buff right now. Can you guys still beat jkr teams with seps?
    No, not really. My Seps went from being able to beat top 100 Revans to losing against 500+ undergeared Revans. The Separatists need to spam their AOEs from B1 and B2 almost every turn, but the counter attacks from undispellable battle meditation kills the team when they do that.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    @Sarbitar The HK led team still does just as well vs DR with Malak (with both zetas on him as well) from what little testing I’ve done...

7ZuI2MZ.jpg

I haven’t tried the droids vs JKR since the changes but reading the above makes me worry a bit :(
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    @Smapty let us know how you go. I still can't effectively test against them as my deka and b1 are still 3*.
  • He can kill Malak, but not for long, as he is about to get hit with the buff stick.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    He can kill Malak, but not for long, as he is about to get hit with the buff stick.

I’m curious to see what the buff to Malak will entail... I’ve got him and DR and the crew but this is just still way more fun for me :)

U1EIOyc.jpg

Still not having much trouble with the droids taking #1... although I alternate between HK lead for DR teams and GG lead for the rest
  • Smapty wrote: »
    He can kill Malak, but not for long, as he is about to get hit with the buff stick.

I’m curious to see what the buff to Malak will entail... I’ve got him and DR and the crew but this is just still way more fun for me :)

U1EIOyc.jpg

Still not having much trouble with the droids taking #1... although I alternate between HK lead for DR teams and GG lead for the rest

Can still beat jkr consistently or are you just running through Drevan and EP?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Smapty wrote: »

U1EIOyc.jpg

Still having little trouble beating JKR teams... even with the buff to Bastilla
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Smapty wrote: »

U1EIOyc.jpg

Still having little trouble beating JKR teams... even with the buff to Bastilla
    I went from hovering around the 300 mark and capable of pushing into the top 100 with a refresh to being pushed out of the top 750 since the Bastilla rework, which is the lowest rank I have had for a year. I think that the Bastilla rework is allowing any Jedi team with Bastilla to beat Grievous on offense, and makes JKR a lot tougher on defense.
  • Thanks smapty. Just wanted to know that someone was doing it consistently. This helps.
  • With this profile, which droids should I use? What should I work on? When I get BB8 this time around, should I use him for the bonus TM even if he's underleveled? I'm using GG, B1, B2, T3, IG88 right now.
  • With this profile, which droids should I use? What should I work on? When I get BB8 this time around, should I use him for the bonus TM even if he's underleveled? I'm using GG, B1, B2, T3, IG88 right now.
    For Darth Revan, you can use an undergeared BB8. For Jedi Knight Revan, he needs the survivability of higher gear levels to work best.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    As for beating JKR, I unfortunately had no luck. If there's proper turn order on JKR, your debufs will be dispelled, and Bastilla will give everyone LBM and you are toast.

I’m honestly having no more difficulty beating JKR teams than I did previous to the Bastilla rework... it’s as easy as ever... kill Yoda then kill Jolee then Yoda again and then mop up the rest... it’s a piece of cake... a min and a half and the battle is won almost without fail (which seems like an eternity compared with the sub 30 second wins on auto vs DR teams hahah)

Still using GG lead vs JKR teams and EP led “counter” teams and just crushing them...

I swap to the HK led “super damage” team when there’s a DR squad in my path...

Still having great success with the droids and honestly I’m happy I invested in them... at least it’s something different and they are really fun to play

I’m the only one running them on my shard... which is kind of a shame... but they are still serving me well :)
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    As for beating JKR, I unfortunately had no luck. If there's proper turn order on JKR, your debufs will be dispelled, and Bastilla will give everyone LBM and you are toast.

I’m honestly having no more difficulty beating JKR teams than I did previous to the Bastilla rework... it’s as easy as ever... kill Yoda then kill Jolee then Yoda again and then mop up the rest... it’s a piece of cake... a min and a half and the battle is won almost without fail (which seems like an eternity compared with the sub 30 second wins on auto vs DR teams hahah)

Still using GG lead vs JKR teams and EP led “counter” teams and just crushing them...

I swap to the HK led “super damage” team when there’s a DR squad in my path...

Still having great success with the droids and honestly I’m happy I invested in them... at least it’s something different and they are really fun to play

I’m the only one running them on my shard... which is kind of a shame... but they are still serving me well :)

You're a legend mate. Thanks for persisting with droids. I couldn't fork out the cash for droideka and b1 so it's nice to have someone who did to pave the way (i think ahnald gave up too quick - thought he'd have done what you're doing, but i suppose that doesn't bring in new subscribers).

Keep up the good work.

Droids <3
  • Sarbitar wrote: »
    @Smapty is a Zeta on IG-88 really useful, when he is a leader?

So far the setup with IG-88 as a leader works pretty well, but I'm missing a zeta there and was wondering does it stops Malak and HK healing?

Thx.

I'm wondering the same thing. Even if he's not a leader.