Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    @Dk_rek thanks for setting that 1 defense team. I was able to get the Han GA achievement knocked out.

no problem sir :) should have messaged you would have set 2 if needed.

So My best teams EVERYTHING could not beat your best B teams

You rock sir...the qira mission Z team took EVERYTHING i had (had to use revan on your nightsisters since they crushed mine I think i took 3 turns lol...

sick

Let's you know how far behind I am and how bad i am at this game..

and how bad the devs are at matchmaking algorithms :)

good luck in championship !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    @Dk_rek thanks for setting that 1 defense team. I was able to get the Han GA achievement knocked out.

no problem sir :) should have messaged you would have set 2 if needed.

So My best teams EVERYTHING could not beat your best B teams

You rock sir...the qira mission Z team took EVERYTHING i had (had to use revan on your nightsisters since they crushed mine I think i took 3 turns lol...

sick

Let's you know how far behind I am and how bad i am at this game..

and how bad the devs are at matchmaking algorithms :)

good luck in championship !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!! Most of the time I finish in the 2-4th place and cool with it. I just got the Traya challenge left but set her on defense. Well good luck going into the future.

edit: I did notice that you have more ship GP than me and vice-versa for characters. Around the same overall GP though.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    @Dk_rek and @grey_poonda

Very cool sirs thanks for sharing..poonda you are a rock star for showing gratitude in face of a win...I have often wondered if those at the top who win are appreciative.
  • TRanger wrote: »
    @Dk_rek and @grey_poonda

Very cool sirs thanks for sharing..poonda you are a rock star for showing gratitude in face of a win...I have often wondered if those at the top who win are appreciative.

Your welcome! I'm not a nasty person like that. I don't always have to take 1st place and truly fine with that.
  • I beat a guy who has revan because he left it up to auto defence. I has such a sense of achievement from it.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Still finding GA to be utterly useless. The point distribution is a joke, i work months on developing my falcon fleet and than i get destroyed without my opponent even needing to touch my fleet.

tk96u7lg4tj3.png

Its sad that revan didnt received the much needed nerf soon after release and basically if you have it you won grand arena even tho i have c3po,chewbacca and the falcon which my opponent doesnt have. Hes got better mods which is rng so nothing to do against it and have a revan which i will unlock only with the event this month.

The matchmaking is on point as far as gp goes, but the lack of importance of ships when its in grand arena is disturbing.
    The point distribution is fine. Having one strong defensive team (ship) shouldn’t give you a win
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Still finding GA to be utterly useless. The point distribution is a joke, i work months on developing my falcon fleet and than i get destroyed without my opponent even needing to touch my fleet.

tk96u7lg4tj3.png

Its sad that revan didnt received the much needed nerf soon after release and basically if you have it you won grand arena even tho i have c3po,chewbacca and the falcon which my opponent doesnt have. Hes got better mods which is rng so nothing to do against it and have a revan which i will unlock only with the event this month.

The matchmaking is on point as far as gp goes, but the lack of importance of ships when its in grand arena is disturbing.
    The point distribution is fine. Having one strong defensive team (ship) shouldn’t give you a win

I use my falcon for offense and just throw geos and Tarkin on d.

At this point ga for me is wiping out the opponents team with one team. I’ll take that negation with ships.

Hopefully as more ships are introduced I can play them better but so will my opponents...
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

tk96u7lg4tj3.png

The point distribution makes the fleet zone irrelevant. It all comes down to squads as usual.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

tk96u7lg4tj3.png

The point distribution makes the fleet zone irrelevant. It all comes down to squads as usual.
    I don’t disagree. I think we should be allowed to have 2 fleet defenses after a certain GP threshold and then increase the number of points by winning fleets and conquering fleet territory to be equal or close to squad territory. Because with two fleet defenses it’s a game changer imo
  • What I really hate when playing GA with ships is that when one has Han‘s **** and the other doesn’t, the one with **** wins. That’s it. Because of one broken ship.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    What I really hate when playing GA with ships is that when one has Han‘s **** and the other doesn’t, the one with **** wins. That’s it. Because of one broken ship.
    1) That Falcon can either attack or defend but not both
    2) Fleet zone does not dictate the outcome of any current GA map, the squad zones do
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    What I really hate when playing GA with ships is that when one has Han‘s **** and the other doesn’t, the one with **** wins. That’s it. Because of one broken ship.

2) Fleet zone does not dictate the outcome of any current GA map, the squad zones do

That's not always true and it's not always false... cmon man

Then again what do I know I don't set defense
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

tk96u7lg4tj3.png

YOur opponent beat 6 of your teams - you beat 5 of his. And you still think it's unfair that you lost? Even if points for conquering a zone were the same for every zone, you would have lost.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Just because he lost in a close match doesn't mean the broken system is fixed..we have been constantly beat for 5 months now and no end in sight. It just means CG is on the right track please continue to improve. And one close match of best of 3 when your opponents still tower over your roster and still dominate GA with still less effort and still little to no competition, easily outmatched you in meta toons and zatas, the system is still broken and in dire need of more repair.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @TRanger - feels odd really. I'd love to level some of the up to try out, but at the same time with the limited slots in GA I probably don't have any use for them until they're G10+ anyway. I'm currently just collecting shards for characters until I want to promote them.
    I currently have 11 toons that I could 7* (most over 330 already, a few within 5 shards waiting). And Savage is 7* gear 1 level 1 lol. I'm GP2.4M btw.
    Most toons I prepare but now I don't promote to 6* or 7* yet, as my roster is pretty spread already (was fun to try new characters before GA). Eeth Koth 295/30, Bodhi 305/25, the mighty CUP 314/15 etc
    Adding another 100k of weak toons to my roster will just punish me too hard in GA, so I don't.
    If they double the GA team slots, then I'll start getting them all to G7+ and L85 and have some fun! I won't hold my breath though :)

Edit: wrt ships, I still haven't 7*d a couple flagships, as you only use 2 in GA. Likewise only worth having 14 ships to use with them, the rest just inflate the GP again.
  • I still unlock and promote every character. It feels good to help my guild fill up platoons in TB. If this hurts me in GA, so be it. So far, I haven't lost more than one round per GA event.
  • I throw the war every time cause of my opponent being 1 gold gear or 25. Not fair. no chance of 50/50 winning. Float the whale carcass past the finish line for corporate bucks. Game is in a flat spin.
    Ps. I have 9 gold gear.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

tk96u7lg4tj3.png

YOur opponent beat 6 of your teams - you beat 5 of his. And you still think it's unfair that you lost? Even if points for conquering a zone were the same for every zone, you would have lost.

Not exactly because if my last team would have went for kru(i had cls,han,chewbacca left) than it would have been 1 team left for him and my ship zone standing. And guess what i would have still lost because the fleet zone means nothing. So if i beat 5 of hes teams and hes ship zone and he beats 6 of my teams only than hes won.

I see no problem with the ship zone awarding less points when conquered than the characters zone. The major part of your teams are characters teams - not fleets. Next time, when you can defend your fleet zone like you did here, just make sure to save all your strong teams for offense to clear the board. Don't waste them on defense, if you can hold your fleet zone.
  • Just another proof (if needed) showing that the GA matchmaking mechanism isn't really at it's best.
    My "default" strategy is to keep my strongest teams for OFF and put my best B,C teams in deff.

Last GA i managed to achieve rank 2, missed rank 1 by almost nothing, and in this GA i'm not even able to win 1 single fight, and my GP didn't really change a lot in between the 2 GA's.

And i haven't forgot how to play the game :-), but it just shows how big the gap/frame still is in the matchmaking machanism, otherwise i can't explain how i could almost win the last GA and in this one i'm getting nowhere, just having ridiculous overpowered opponents (walking through my deff and setting up a own deff which is even stronger than my off :-) ), compared to myself of course.

I whish to all a nice day, i'll go and collect my rank 8 rewards...
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    z4stjmzc3jpw.jpeg
    8axw0hp528do.jpeg

I dunno what's up with this last round, but it's been like this for most of my guild. It's not even attempting to be fair lol 😆
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

tk96u7lg4tj3.png

Not exactly because if my last team would have went for kru(i had cls,han,chewbacca left) than it would have been 1 team left for him and my ship zone standing. And guess what i would have still lost because the fleet zone means nothing. So if i beat 5 of hes teams and hes ship zone and he beats 6 of my teams only than hes won.

I see no problem with the ship zone awarding less points when conquered than the characters zone. The major part of your teams are characters teams - not fleets.
    Matchmaking is by GP. A fully powered ship is over 2x the GP of a fully powered toon yet in terms of scoring the maps setup greatly under-values ships.
  • yeah the matchings are miserable...
    in my case, my actual opponent has both revans, dark and light side, fully geared and zeta'd, OP toons like traya and malak... i have none of them, (i only play since one year VS veterans who play for 3 years)
    over 40 zetas VS my 12 zetas
    over 60 G11-12 VS my 15 G11-12
    the matchmaking algorythm is crappy
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Manumicio wrote: »
    Just another proof (if needed) showing that the GA matchmaking mechanism isn't really at it's best.
    My "default" strategy is to keep my strongest teams for OFF and put my best B,C teams in deff.

Last GA i managed to achieve rank 2, missed rank 1 by almost nothing, and in this GA i'm not even able to win 1 single fight, and my GP didn't really change a lot in between the 2 GA's.

And i haven't forgot how to play the game :-), but it just shows how big the gap/frame still is in the matchmaking machanism, otherwise i can't explain how i could almost win the last GA and in this one i'm getting nowhere, just having ridiculous overpowered opponents (walking through my deff and setting up a own deff which is even stronger than my off :-) ), compared to myself of course.

I whish to all a nice day, i'll go and collect my rank 8 rewards...

Now you realize that you are not the best. End of that story. Hope you take that lose and improve your team's.

So much straw around here
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

tk96u7lg4tj3.png

Sorry, but this screenshot doesn't tell us anything. How many tries did it take for you to beat those four teams? How many tries did it take for them to beat your six? Why do you think beating 1 fleet territory should be worth the same points as beating 6 squads in a territory?

Fleet's important, but your screenshot doesn't have anywhere near enough information in it to be worth making a judgement based on.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    This 2 nodes stuff is for the birds. If you're going to put a fleet in, go back to us having 4 nodes so we only need to have one node for ships and three for squads. Too useless to have in one node, of two.

At the same time, getting a connection error today was really frustrating. I lost a team, the game counted the connection error as one battle and I had to do a second one. I was going to clear everything 1:1 and now I might lose if he can 1:1 all my teams and my fleet. Losing because of a connection error is really frustrating.