Upcoming Change to Darth Malak [MERGE]

Replies

• After 24 hours to think it over I still don't think this is a good move. Palpatine may be an older character but it shouldn't be considered an exploit or anything like that. I have the most fun with a palp lead over my Darth Revan lead. For me, this move makes the game less fun and that should never be how you operate a game.

It's not terrible had they just limited to EP...but it affects SM and SA and the entire TM mechanism for Sith.
  • My question is why does malek need a rework and he wasn’t even released a week ago?

Cg do you folks even thoroughly test toons before y’all release them? Or is it that y’all are so focused on making money that y’all dont care about testing and just wait for the players to test them?

Either way it makes y’all look bad as a company. I’ve played online games for 19 years now and I’ve never been so annoyed with a game or the developers of any game as I am with swgoh. The things y’all been doing lately is very discouraging to me as a player. This game used to be fun...not so much anymore.

Cg developers you guys are pushing people away. Starting with JKR to Malek...the path y’all are taking might not kill the game...but you ain’t gonna have the amount of players that play now come this time next year.

I for one am done with financially supporting this game. I can’t do nothing about the money I’ve spent since 2015 on this game...but from this point on I can and I know I’m not the only person that feels this way.
  • mazingo
    22 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    If I buy a car (revan) and I put a motor (malak), then I put some wheels that recommended me on March 23 the development team (SA).

My question is because only 21 days later who recommended me those wheels (SA) breaks them.

I have explained this to EA's telephone service and redirected me to the development team.

@CG_SBCrumb
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Everyone could see this coming. If you couldn’t, you weren’t paying attention. I for one love the change. Malak is the single hardest character to get. It requires two Journey characters, 8 other characters with at least 17,500 power, and one of the hardest, if not the hardest, events to date. Then once you actually have Malak, you have to spend 70,000 guild currency to 7 star him and he takes 4 of the new gear pieces which equates to 11,200 crystals. It shouldn’t be countered by a meta/character from a year and a half ago. What is the point of obtaining these super hard characters if they are super easy to counter?
    yet thematically, he is weaker than both Revans. he loses to both. yet CG allows him to prevent DR from using his kit... honestly, Malak shouldn't even exist as a playable character. the event is fine, but the reward could have been something else. he should be dead. full stop. and if you do bring him to the game, you do not include him into the team that killed him. you don't build a meta team revolving around a guy that died to the team itself. this is like saying a meta should exist where the villain is part of the team that was brought together specifically to kill him. it makes about as much sense as placing Malak on any Jedi team and making it meta... it doesn't make sense. he should not be the main component on any team. if anything, he should have been a leader of his own, with his own set of the generic sith... (trooper, assassin, marauder, commando..) having him on DR's team makes no sense at all.
  • My question is why does malek need a rework and he wasn’t even released a week ago?

Cg do you folks even thoroughly test toons before y’all release them?

Two questions and you've answered the first with the answer to the second :)

• Javin37
    367 posts Member
    mazingo wrote: »
    If I buy a car (revan) and I put a motor (malak), then I put some wheels that recommended me on March 23 the development team (SA).

My question is because only 21 days later who recommended me those wheels (SA) breaks them.

I have explained this to EA's telephone service and redirected me to the development team.

@CG_SBCrumb

Did CG recommend sith assassin?

Or did you make that decision before you knew what malak would be?

That's what you need to have answers to before speaking to anyone...
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @Javin37 , one could argue that the updated “rework” to SiT, SiA, and SM by changing their tags to Sith Empire upon the release of DR along with BSF’s updates could understandably be viewed as “advertised.” They were made to be a part of the same specific national and era faction with specific synergies. Then Malak gets released and makes all that useless. It would be similar to JTR spearheading the Resistance faction to be undermined by... let’s say, if Vet Han and Vet Chewie were updated to be tagged as Resistance only to be undermined by a new character of the same faction that then makes them useless.

Edit: on top of that, it wasn’t even the release of the new toon - it would then come only days later with a sudden “rework” (fix) of the newly released character to specifically make them useless.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • They did recommend Sith Assassin as a character having synergy, the new Sith Empire tag, along with Sith Trooper and Marauder.
  • Javin37 wrote: »

@CG_SBCrumb

" Darth Revan is a dominant leader for the new Sith Empire faction and powers up a team by weakening its own defensive capabilities. Darth Revan will lead a very aggressive Sith Empire team that aims to take down enemies quickly but with a different approach than most. Darth Revan’s kit is focused on effectively taking down the enemy leader while applying beneficial debuffs. We think this will be a very powerful character with longevity in PvP and do fairly well in raids. Check out Darth Revan's kit"

They said that the empire sith squad would be PVP and would have synergy between them. with photo included.

Today SA is out of the goal because its only viability is in that squadron.
    SA's utility right now is the same as Pao
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Assassin's utility is only reduced when facing squads with Malak. (Or until Malak is killed). Under a Darth Revan lead, Assassin is still a very valuable member of the Sith Empire squad.

It's absolutely terrible that there's a single character that invalidates Sith Assassin. How dare they make it where Assassin is not the best choice against every single possible combination of squads. It's almost like .. they expect players to modify their squads based on their opponent. Weird...
  • I love these complaints. For fun, you guys should run Google searches on the following:

"JTR requirements unfair" (tons of posts complaining about the Vets requirements with people threatening to quit)

"CLS requirements unfair" (tons of posts complaining that you need to have all characters completely geared up to win, and a smattering of complaints that you need a legendary character (R2) to win.

"Thrawn event requirements unfair" (tons of posts about how unfair it is to require highly buffed Phoenix toons who have no other use in the game, and how it is just a way for CG to milk the base)

"Chaze meta unfair" (tons of posts about how unfair it is for people who have Chaze because they are so OP that nobody could beat them)

"Wiggs meta unfair" (yes, you guessed it...)

People will always complain if they don't have the best, newest toy in the game. There are posts every time there is a new meta complaining about how it is an unfair paywall, how the meta is broken, and how people will quit. You aren't going to quit. You care too much. If you were actually going to quit, you would just do it and not agonize so much on these boards. Just delete the game if it causes so much angst

That's what makes it entertaining.
  • I know I'm not the sharpest stick in the woods but I'm confused...

Genuine question - what point is there farming any characters anymore?

Once they're good, they get nerfed. Am I missing something? Apart from the fairly obvious fact that CG/EA don't want anyone farming characters anymore...they want them buying characters.

Strange game, the only winning move, is not to play. JOSHUA - Wargames
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    SmashItUp wrote: »
    To be honest I don't even care if they back off from this nonsense decision.
    The way the game is driven is quite clear, they push the limit (or further) and roll back when goes wrong?
    Contradiction on every single decision?
    There are ways to make money without going that far, I wouldn't sleep at night doing unethical calls like these

If they were tourquing a bolt on an engine, they would just strip it and back it off half a turn. Why bother with specs.

Reddit is catching fire, one thread has almost 900 upvotes.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bdnf33/cgs_latest_fixshows_they_dont_care_for_the_games/

Funny they don't make mega threads there.. lol
    Megathreads are great! Everyone doesn’t need their own soapbox to say the same thing when they can say it at one place. Reduces clutter and we can talk about other things too

Mega threads or the combining of related posts on REDDIT could be disastrous for CG. Imagine a negative topic like this with 10k of upvotes.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Fauztin wrote: »
    @Javin37 , one could argue that the updated “rework” to SiT, SiA, and SM by changing their tags to Sith Empire upon the release of DR along with BSF’s updates could understandably be viewed as “advertised.” They were made to be a part of the same specific national and era faction with specific synergies. Then Malak gets released and makes all that useless. It would be similar to JTR spearheading the Resistance faction to be undermined by... let’s say, if Vet Han and Vet Chewie were updated to be tagged as Resistance only to be undermined by a new character of the same faction that then makes them useless.

Edit: on top of that, it wasn’t even the release of the new toon - it would then come only days later with a sudden “rework” (fix) of the newly released character to specifically make them useless.

one could argue lots of things when guessing and hypothetical situations are involved.

Sometimes people guess right and it's a win...sometimes they don't.

Frustration is one thing...but this isn't like the guy equating it to buying a car.

The people that guessed "marauder" aren't posting much.

Sass still shocks..and that gets Malak's taunt up...so this really is about the EP guys being upset.

one could argue lots of things when guessing and hypothetical situations are involved.

Frustration is one thing...but this isn't like the guy equating it to buying a car.

Sass still shocks..and that gets Malak's taunt up...so this really is about the EP guys being upset.

I explain to you that it is the metaphor used with the telephone attention of EA, because they do not only work with the galaxy.
    they have directed me here.
    I am a player of the day one, I have 7000 battles in arena I have a malak.
    and I really think it's a bad decision. just because the kit was not thought before and to fix it because they break something else that used to work.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »

I hit Malak with my Marauder for 156k with his special. Turns out Malak can't stop a train.

I'm still angry at the SA/EP change tho.
  • Don’t mind me, just here to roast some marshmallows for my s’mores on this dumpster fire that CG continues to let burn.
  • I know I'm not the sharpest stick in the woods but I'm confused...

Genuine question - what point is there farming any characters anymore?

Once they're good, they get nerfed. Am I missing something? Apart from the fairly obvious fact that CG/EA don't want anyone farming characters anymore...they want them buying characters.

Strange game, the only winning move, is not to play. JOSHUA - Wargames

What you see on these screens up here is a fantasy; a computer-enhanced hallucination.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • How about a nice game of chess?
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »

I hit Malak with my Marauder for 156k with his special. Turns out Malak can't stop a train.

I'm still angry at the SA/EP change tho.

Why? They didn't change either of them.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member

@CG_SBCrumb

" Darth Revan is a dominant leader for the new Sith Empire faction and powers up a team by weakening its own defensive capabilities. Darth Revan will lead a very aggressive Sith Empire team that aims to take down enemies quickly but with a different approach than most. Darth Revan’s kit is focused on effectively taking down the enemy leader while applying beneficial debuffs. We think this will be a very powerful character with longevity in PvP and do fairly well in raids. Check out Darth Revan's kit"

They said that the empire sith squad would be PVP and would have synergy between them. with photo included.

hyperbole. He shocks and is fast. Shock gets Malak to taunt.

Still has synergy.

@CG_SBCrumb

Still has synergy.

following the simil of the car. I buy some wheels for circuit (PVP) and now they only serve me to go to the supermarket.

No hyperbole reality, but you're just flying the post.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

@CG_SBCrumb

Still has synergy.

1) SA is a female
    2) she doesn't shock, her special is just called "Electrocute" and stuns
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • A few inescapable facts.

They did it again and will do it again.
    Those that spend to stay current, will do so no matter how much they complain here.
    CG knows these facts, and governs themselves accordingly.

"Who’s more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" Obi-Wan
  • CG, if you have 5:00 to 12:00 minutes please take a moment to watch ahnald’s post cause he does such a good job at voicing our frustration.
    Bottomline, you already had a rock, paper, scissor meta. Darth Revan beat Jedi Knight Revan, Palpatine Beat Darth Revan and Jedi Knight Revan beat Palpatine. That was all we had asked for. Not every character needs to be invincible. This is what you wrote about being the ultimate goal for Grand Arena in the Road Ahead post.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_7fsIOlgJ5I