Soo ever wondered how IPD instakill DR team at the beggining of the fight?

Sarbitar
263 posts Member
edited April 2019
I was thinking if I should put that on the forum, but hell, let's see more character nerfing to only sustain the kotors team as the rulers of swgoh. Consider this team:

vpsokhu3507g.png

(replace B2 with IG88 - I switch them sometimes for testing :))

Yesss it does what you all think...almost. There's a stupid bug that doesn't let grievous take his bonus turn and it behaves erratic, but see for yourself. Look what happens in first movie (0:26) and second (0:31) - enemy moves regardless of GG's bonus turn (he has full TM and cooldowns reset, but still the enemy move first? Why?? No idea, maybe kotors should move first). Stupid, but even with that bug it works...somehow.

And now there will be a future nerf, that IPD doesn't work on toons that has "Rev" in it's name :).
The proper order should be bb8, t3, gg, ig88, ipd kills someone, gg moves again and cleans the party. As in third movie.

https://youtu.be/dB2VvQ-CCTY

https://youtu.be/OE2M10WkoAc

https://youtu.be/9_UYaXGeZH8

Actually I probably know what's happening. The GG gets TM through hitting Target locked enemies, and that prevents him from bonus turn and resetting his cooldowns, but why the enemy moves before GG that I can not explain. If not for the bug, this team would be also viable for JKR.

If any had problems with gg not resetting cooldowns bump the thread below in bugs section. Thx:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Imperial-Probe-Droid-fill-ENEMY-TM-and-does-not-reset-GG/m-p/7799141#M25403

Replies

• That's really cool.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Great job!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Nice job on this! creative use of the IPD. now CG....please don't nerf this. If you get footage of beating Darth Malak on those teams that would be really good to see. Malak can get over 100k hp
  • New Darth Malak unique inbound: no enemy units can gain TM. Ever. Enemy units cannot take bonus turns before, during, or after the encounter. Right, not even after the battle, you heard me. Oh, and all allied Darth Revans are immune to massive damage effects. Any damage, in fact.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I watched all 3 videos and I don't really understand what I'm supposed to be noticing other than Grievous hitting like a freight train.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I can’t make it work since my IPD is at g12 :(

I tried a few battles but one managed one win through mostly luck I think...

I love the idea though!!!

It looks like it works pretty awesome if your IPD is still at a low gear level
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Incoming change to IPD: Self destruct doesn't unlock until gear 10.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Incoming change to IPD: Self destruct doesn't unlock until gear 10.

Don’t give them any ideas :(

*hotfix incoming...
  • Help me here, why is it important for IPD to still be at a low gear level?
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Scottacus wrote: »
    Help me here, why is it important for IPD to still be at a low gear level?

Due to Grievous's unique, dark side droid allies suffer damage equal to 8% of GG's max health. Protection unlocks after G7, IPD can self destruct when not at full health. Not having any protection (G6 or below), you make sure that IPD drops below full health after Grievous's turn and so it can self-destruct.
    While this strategy requires a "paper" toon, they might let it slide. It's very circumstantial, quite a few players already passed the G7 mark on IPD.

Edit: As for why you need IPD to explode as early as possible, DR lead is the type of team that really gets going after the first few moves. If you can't cripple the team in the first turns, it burns down your squad rather quickly.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Should have kept this quiet Sarb - good find!

Its nice that we have a counter to drev though... i think it'd be the nail in the coffin for most droid users if cg touched sep droids for the worse or buffed Malak so we cant beat it. I can see them changing this interaction though, due to ipd being under geared. :(
  • Right after GG came out, I tried to build the following team:. Hk lead, zgg, zzbb8, ipd, zzt3 (flex slot). Turn order: bb8 with destiny, GG goes twice with both specials cause of hks old leadership, these two moves get rid of ipds protection, ipd blows up inflicting expose on any enemies with target lock, GG goes twice more with both specials, then hk and t3 each go twice. I was so so excited to do this but alas could not, my ipd was only gear 8 but already had almost 13k protection un modded. There was no way to get ggs starting health high enough. Of course it's w/e now with the hk mega Nerf.
  • Oh and if even 5 players do this, I'd be surprised if they didn't do something to nerf prove Droid.
  • You'd be better off with ig88 lead
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    I posted your same idea a week earlier but with no footage, no one replied. I'm glad you are trying these new ideas! But like in the first video after blowing up Jolee I can't win the 4v4.
  • Sarbitar wrote: »
    So far I've never seen any more GG than myself on my shard, so I suppose it won't be a priority as paper zombie was.

And that only took them a year too.. :D

This isnt a pure Drevan counter in my opinion by the way. The droids with bb8s will be faster than pretty much any meta teams, and all this takes is to make GG go earlier than IPD and boom you can instakill 1 enemy immediately.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    an argument could easily be made that an undergeared toon is performing better than if said toon were to be geared. This has been the basis for nerfs/fixes before.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    I wish they could add a zeta that when IPD selfdestructs enemies can't be revived.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    an argument could easily be made that an undergeared toon is performing better than if said toon were to be geared. This has been the basis for nerfs/fixes before.

Then they better nerf badstilla, because against a CLS team the zeta'd version of her is actually worse (because she feeds them tm) :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*