Luke's hero's Journey 2.0

Prev1
Hello there😉😉
You brought us in 2017 Commander Luke Skywalker, now two years later it's time the journey continues and I will give you my ideas of Lukes heros journey 2.0.
- First:
you need Wampa to battle against Rebels and kidnap CLS.
- Second:
You woke up in Wampas Cave and you have to fight with CLS against Wampa.
- Third:
You, as Captain Han Solo have to search and find Luke and reach the base
- fourth:
Luke flight with his X-Wing to reach the Dagobah System and find Hermit Yoda
- fifth:
Han, Chewie and ROLO reach Lando on Bespin
- sixth
All fight against Vader and Luke is now a Jedi

I have so many ideas🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Maybe you can do something with it?

Replies

• Forget the fight against the emp and 7+ legendary toon requirements with 4 hero jurney toons
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Well. That’s a nice perspective but where is the money? There’s 0$ to be made of this journey for CG so I’m affraid you’ll have to go back to the drawing board. Design something around what the Darth Revan and Malak events are and you’ll probably be closer to the real thing. The whole journey should require major crystal investment from the players. That’s where you should start from unfortunately.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    The idea is fine. Just tweak it to require g13 and Lev90...with the level cap raised two days before the event, and the gear released on the day of the event. Oh, and the event is only 12 hours long.

Progress, CG style!
  • They could bring in some "new" Legendary or Marquee Chars.....once again a Han or an Chewi..maybo also an Lando or Leia version...additionally an X-Wing for Luke.....so enough "space" for money making :-P
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Don't forget training with Hermit Yoda. :grin:
  • Bytestream wrote: »
    They could bring in some "new" Legendary or Marquee Chars.....once again a Han or an Chewi..maybo also an Lando or Leia version...additionally an X-Wing for Luke.....so enough "space" for money making :-P

Agreed. Vets are perfect example. They don't mind bringing in new, hard to farm characters, that are essentially pointless outside of the journey.
  • non sense, it will require gamorean guard, because it is the only character you cant farm yet. Plus 1 or 2 new "marquee" characters (like droideka style).

And probably one of the toons that their database says not everyone has.

1 day notice for a 1h event, on the week end.
  • I don't think they will make an event require Hermit Yoda - not if they can't find a way of monetizing it (if you don't have him, you can't get involved or pay any money - seems a poor business model).

I do think you will use a hermit yoda, but he will be a provided character.

The other characters however if it does follow that model will all require...

18,000 power level to join, needing zetas, or G12+ (with loads of gear available to guy in the store).
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    Well. That’s a nice perspective but where is the money? There’s 0$ to be made of this journey for CG so I’m affraid you’ll have to go back to the drawing board. Design something around what the Darth Revan and Malak events are and you’ll probably be closer to the real thing. The whole journey should require major crystal investment from the players. That’s where you should start from unfortunately.

Where was the money for CLS?

• Pile wrote: »
    Globuhl wrote: »

EA/CG are operating under a much different business model these days

It certainly seems to be true to some degree.

• Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Rubbish
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Globuhl wrote: »

I’m affraid CLS is the odd one here.
  • CLS was bait. The freebie. To hook you.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    It'll be Luke's X Wing that'll be the major cash grab. Requiring Hans Falcon at 7* max to unlock starting the same week as the Jedi Luke event. Then the ship will be 5* and only able to max on Guild Event Tokens. Also will require a new ship ability material only purchasable initially through crystals.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited April 2019

You must be new here. People were spending thousands of crystals on panicked refreshes in the cantina, as Old Ben before his rework and zeta was absolute garbage, and very few had farmed him, few had farm boy Luke either. Some were also panic farming empire toons and buying their packs for R2D2 as well. It was a different time before players had finished farming everything from all the hard nodes, shops, and cantina table.
  • Globuhl wrote: »

you forgot Luke's X-Wing😉😉😜
  • DJayK3
    90 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    We haven’t even received the ESB Bespin Han seen in the Chewie event to say the least. Followed by ROTJ General Han and Lando, and Endor Leia. The paywall will be making all the ESB required toons. Be prepared for Capt Han, Hoth Brothers, Hyoda, Lando, Lobot and Ugnaught to be G12 required. Just like CLS, all New Hope toons are free game.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    If we do get a Jedi Luke, I would think it would make sense to require a whole PILE of characters to get him:

CLS (obviously)
    R2 (who you have already if you have CLS, but still)
    Rebel Officer Leia
    Captain Han
    Raid Han (yep, two Hans)
    Chewbacca
    Han's Millennium Falcon
    C3P0
    Wampa and Hoda (they said GEC characters would never be requirements for anything but I could see them reneging on that)
    Lando Calrissian
    Wedge, Biggs & their respective ships
    A future-release Red 5, probably
    And...wait for it...Darth Vader. To face off together against EP for the very last stage.

It's more likely to be a "hey buy a bunch of new stuff so you can get the King of Arena" type of deal, sadly, but it would be cool to do it this way - some of the characters are old and widely owned, yes, but you'd also be required to have a bunch of legendaries, which I think could spur some spending from people who decided to skip certain ones. Plus I'm sure most people haven't bothered with Capt Han, and newer players probably don't bother gearing up old characters like Lando, so you have that going also.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    How about a part 1 and part 2 for Jedi Luke:

Part 1
    Requirements: CLS, Hoda, R2D2, C3P0, Lando, Chewbacca, ROLO and Captain Solo

1. CLS and CSolo fight wampa back to base.
    2. ROLO, CSolo, Chewie and 3P0 battle snow troopers to get off Hoth
    3. CLS, HODA & R2 battle Dagobah and the cave - Vader
    4. ROLO, CSolo, Chewie and 3P0 team up with Lando and defeat Storm troopers on Bespin (escape)
    5. CLS v. Vader (straight up showdown).

REWARDS: Unlocks Jedi Luke at 5*

Part 2
    Requirements: 5* Jedi Luke, R2, 3P0, Chewie, Boussh Leia, Endor Leia Skiff guard Lando, Han

1. BLeia, Skiff Lando, Chewie, R2 & 3P0 - fight through Jabba's Palace and Defeat Boba Fett. - release Han
    2. Han, Skiff Lando, BKLeia, Chewie and Jedi Luke defeat Jabba gaurds on sail barge and defeat Jabba
    3. Han, Endor Leia, 3P0, R2, Chewie - defeat storm troopers and ATST and destroy Sheild generator
    4. Jedi Luke v. Vader and EP

REWARDS increase Jedi Luke from 5* to 7*.

This introduces new toons behind the "pay wall" to some extent, while also providing an immersive and enjoyable event.

This would take a lot of toons - all required 7*, G12 with mods and zetas.
  • Just cut all the pretense and sell 7* Jedi Luke for 500 USD on the store.

If you're gonna be a money-grubbin' ****, at least be honest about it.
  • Cls was pretty free if you followed the hints. That’s why I 7* old BEN.

I think Luke’s hero journey was intended to be for the players. But once they saw they can push it with JTR. They brought about JKR and then hook line and sinkered us perfectly.

They brought out a fake counter to JKR of a much awaited toon and faction with 2 new marquees and required 4+ zetas. Didn’t do anything to revan.

Re released JKR Arena has like top 200 filled with JKR.

Drevan comes. Ppl are like hell no im not missing out. 2 new gear pieces on normal nodes that revan needs for g8 and g9. Pay up and farm. Drevan is not as good as intended. Hk’s Leadership with droids is kaput. Malek will be the key!

Announce Malek days before the release and requirements. It’s a mythic battle so there is no language or precedent for something so new. Malek unlocks at 5* then in GET store he’s much more expensive than HY and Wampa. He also needs 3 of those new pieces. We don’t know when or how he will return.

I haven’t even touched on the buffs and needs to toons around this.

CG figured it out perfectly. This is a scary start to year 2 of the 5 year plan.
  • DarkObi wrote: »
    Hello there😉😉
    You brought us in 2017 Commander Luke Skywalker, now two years later it's time the journey continues and I will give you my ideas of Lukes heros journey 2.0.
    - First:
    - Second:
    - Third:
    - fourth:
    - fifth:
    - sixth

You really think that in 2019 you are gonna get Jedi Knight Luke for FREE?

giphy.gif

• Boo wrote: »

Part 1

4. ROLO, CSolo, Chewie and 3P0 team up with Lando and defeat Storm troopers on Bespin (escape)

Part 2
    Requirements: 5* Jedi Luke, R2, 3P0, Chewie, Boussh Leia, Endor Leia Skiff guard Lando, Han

1. BLeia, Skiff Lando, Chewie, R2 & 3P0 - fight through Jabba's Palace and Defeat Boba Fett. - release Han
    2. Han, Skiff Lando, BKLeia, Chewie and Jedi Luke defeat Jabba gaurds on sail barge and defeat Jabba
    3. Han, Endor Leia, 3P0, R2, Chewie - defeat storm troopers and ATST and destroy Sheild generator

This introduces new toons behind the "pay wall" to some extent, while also providing an immersive and enjoyable event.

i like this besides g12 and some zetas
  • MistaLeahy wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

Part 1

Part 2

i like this besides g12 and some zetas

But thats probably how it will go and dont forget 3 or 4 will probably be legendary toons and/or heroes journey toons and nit g12 but g13/g14 and lvl 90 with how its going is my guess
  • DarkObi wrote: »
    Hello there😉😉
    - First:
    - Second:
    - Third:
    - fourth:
    - fifth:
    - sixth

It might be this as Luke will unlock at 5*, and then need 400+ of a bunch of new gear that will be crystal bought in the weekly store.
  • LOL Pre-rescuing Luke from Hypothermia and Post-rescuing Luke from Hypothermia Cpt. Han Solo. Problem is how you would distinguish the pre and post Han Solos to the current Capt. Han Solo. I guess we could have 3 Capt. Han Solo
  • It will cost you $1000 per OT character which will include, X-Wing Pilot Luke, no ship, Dagobah Luke with Yoda on and off back, Luke Jabba’s Palace, Luke Endor Gear. Bespin Han, desert skiff Han, General Solo, Endor Trench coat Han, Leia Bespin, Leia Prisoner, General Organa, Endor Leia both camo version and Ewok braided hair Leia. Prisoner Chewie, Hungry Chewie. Nein Numb, Lando in Skiff Guard, General Lando.

Hoth and Bespin unlock 1 handed Luke which is needed to continue to the RotJ Luke. Emperor’s Shuttle will need to be 7* for Luke to escape.
  • It will cost you $1000 per OT character which will include, X-Wing Pilot Luke, no ship, Dagobah Luke with Yoda on and off back, Luke Jabba’s Palace, Luke Endor Gear. Bespin Han, desert skiff Han, General Solo, Endor Trench coat Han, Leia Bespin, Leia Prisoner, General Organa, Endor Leia both camo version and Ewok braided hair Leia. Prisoner Chewie, Hungry Chewie. Nein Numb, Lando in Skiff Guard, General Lando.

Hoth and Bespin unlock 1 handed Luke which is needed to continue to the RotJ Luke. Emperor’s Shuttle will need to be 7* for Luke to escape.

Looking forward to farming 7* Endor Leia Unhatted (ELU)