Kit Touch-Up: General Kenobi

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    If all allies are Galactic Republic, General Kenobi Taunts for 1 turn whenever another Galactic Republic ally loses any Protection Up.
    Wow this is a zeta. Pretty underwhelming. I'm going to give it a benefit of doubt and see if newer toons would make this worthwhile but currently its as good as BSF's foresight zeta

Well, in defense of Badstila's one: the +50% potency comes in handy to spread CBM (which still undergoes a potency/tenacity check)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    If all allies are Galactic Republic, General Kenobi Taunts for 1 turn whenever another Galactic Republic ally loses any Protection Up.
    Wow this is a zeta. Pretty underwhelming. I'm going to give it a benefit of doubt and see if newer toons would make this worthwhile but currently its as good as BSF's foresight zeta
    both anakin and ahsoka now give protection up. means kenobi can still gain taunt while your other characters have crit immunity.
    for the other galactic republic characters
    Grand Master Yoda
    Aayla
    Rex
    Barriss
    R2-D2
    C-3PO (probably the best here. he gives protection up to galactic republic)
    CUP (nevermind this is the best)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So the question is - who replaces him on the Revan team for GA and TW? Plo? Juhani?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Legend91 wrote: »

Well, in defense of Badstila's one: the +50% potency comes in handy to spread CBM (which still undergoes a potency/tenacity check)
    I meant before the +50% potency reworked zeta
    stumpoman wrote: »
    both anakin and ahsoka now give protection up. means kenobi can still gain taunt while your other characters have crit immunity.
    for the other galactic republic characters
    Grand Master Yoda
    Aayla
    Rex
    Barriss
    R2-D2
    C-3PO (probably the best here. he gives protection up to galactic republic)
    CUP (nevermind this is the best)
    C3PO synergy is neat because he is one of the first toons I thought about experimenting with once the reworks were announced. Again, I'm giving it a benefit of doubt, we might get a locked crit immunity buff or a very high crit avoidance that might make sense because currently GK is always taunting.

I'm also interested in seeing how durable they will be. If protection up is going to be their shtick, then it sucks how Bastila, Darth Revan and a lot of recently released toons apply buff immunity. I do like how this faction is being consistent with the GR capital ship
  • Ultra wrote: »

Especially since 90% of GR is, well, useless. TW and insane buffs are about the only use I see. I bet a new version of Anakin and Ahsoka comes out with the release of the new clone wars.
  • Great touch up. Kept the awesome kit that’s held up so well pretty much untouched and just added the GR synergy.

Took me a little bit to realize they’d updated and old thread lol. I legit thought people were meming on GK+Bariss
  • I think people underrate that zeta buff quite a bit.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Having read the other kits, Kenobi's zeta works well with Ahsoka/JKA and keeps him a balanced character. I already have the zeta ready because I figured he would get at least one zeta.

Now the major question: Which team to use for the heck of it.

Kenobi, JKA, AT, Rex, Cody

or

Kenobi, JKA, AT, Plo, and Rex

Because The Clone Wars has to CLone Wars with these touch-ups/reworks.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    Having read the other kits, Kenobi's zeta works well with Ahsoka/JKA and keeps him a balanced character. I already have the zeta ready because I figured he would get at least one zeta.

or

His kit needs updating too, but Ahsoka and Anakin with counter under IGD might be pretty nice. Buff immunity, heal immunity and buff dispel on basics?

I hope they give IGDs lead 50% counter chance.
  • Johnny_mass78
    49 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    w6accgy6cnma.png
    Besides the TM gain, the number of turns is highlighted in green text. But the second part re: two turns looks unchanged. Should it be three turns instead of two? @CG_SBCrumb
  • HK22 wrote: »

or

Don’t forget about C3PO. That protection up he grants GR just got a lot nicer.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    w6accgy6cnma.png
    Besides the TM gain, the number of turns is highlighted in green text. But the second part re: two turns looks unchanged. Should it be three turns instead of two? @CG_SBCrumb
    The change is the wording, “If any, for 2 turns” instead of what it is currently, “2 turns, if any”

Same thing with Anakin lead, it went from “gain 30% offense” to “+30% offense”
  • w6accgy6cnma.png
    Looks like they highlighted any grammar/formatting changes. Probably changed to be more in line with other characters.
  • Thanks. Well, that’s even more underwhelming.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member

From a game play perspective, you are absolutely right and he would add another defensive layer to the team. I was aiming for teams that were "iconic" and represented the best of the TCW.
  • Necro posting hmm
  • They call them reworks for Jedi, but really it is only reworks for Galactic Republic who happen to be Jedi.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member

Zeta lumi lead? 👀

From a game play perspective, you are absolutely right and he would add another defensive layer to the team. I was aiming for teams that were "iconic" and represented the best of the TCW.

• Gannon wrote: »
    Zeta lumi lead? 👀

When did she get a zeta? 😂
  • So we need to zeta him to give us back his unique + the green text?

Unique: Soresu
    FINAL TEXT (ZETA): At the end of his turn, General Kenobi has a 65% chance to gain Foresight for 2 turns.
    Whenever another ally is critically hit, if General Kenobi is alive, they gain Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and General Kenobi Taunts for 1 turn.

Or will an 8 slot be added?

As for the green text in zeta.. pretty limited scope, no doubt to avoid potential reworks. But limiting him to only a couple jedi synergies is kinda lame. Only 9 of 23 will have synergies and they are mostly useless jedi. At least he wasn't ruined. Yet..we'll see after launch.

It might be an additional slot as it was not an omega.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    Zeta lumi lead? 👀

When did she get a zeta? 😂

Gotta admit, I've been curious about how that would interact with 3p0 since his release. Not enough to waste the mats, but still.. Lol
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    As a point of reference. I want to make sure there is no ooops in his stats that some will say never happened. Lol

e2zdrjksgdjj.png

• As a point of reference. I want to make sure there is no ooops in his stats that some will say never happened. Lol

8qcd0q38m2pc.png

Or screen shot swgoh.gg cause that includes mods and what ever ur gear is at
  • "If all allies are Galactic Republic, General Kenobi Taunts for 1 turn whenever another Galactic Republic ally loses any Protection Up."

So bastila squads with GK, GMY won't cause GK to taunt? The entire squad must be GR?
  • As a point of reference. I want to make sure there is no ooops in his stats that some will say never happened. Lol

8qcd0q38m2pc.png

Or screen shot swgoh.gg cause that includes mods and what ever ur gear is at

Good idea, done!
  • Whenever another ally is critically hit, if General Kenobi is alive, they gain Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and General Kenobi Taunts for 1 turn.
    [/quote]

Hmmm...”loses any protection up”?

Does that mean if an ally has protection up and they take ANY damage he taunts?

AND...if protection up expires on an ally he taunts?
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Whenever another ally is critically hit, if General Kenobi is alive, they gain Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and General Kenobi Taunts for 1 turn.

AND...if protection up expires on an ally he taunts?
    they have to take more damage than the protection but yes
  • What do you mean they have to take more damage than protection?
  • Whenever another ally is critically hit, if General Kenobi is alive, they gain Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and General Kenobi Taunts for 1 turn.

AND...if protection up expires on an ally he taunts?[/quote]

Yes as long as the dmg = or exceeded the protection up they have so will probably have taunt 90-100% of a fight
  • Why would the damage they take have to exceed the protection up?

It says “...loses ANY protection up” not “looses protection up”