Rock, Paper,....?

2Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Javin37 wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Rock, paper, tm gain.
    Now they hand out "no tm gain" abilities...
    Hope they remove every tm gain from every lead- and unique ability...

Agreed. That would be cool if wasn't limited to only sith enemies.

The limiting we see on these complex kits probably serves a purpose to 1, not make it overly OP and 2 to help them develop later kits that don't need to directly counter this, just need to be a different faction.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Javin37 wrote: »
    Rock, paper, tm gain.

Agreed. That would be cool if wasn't limited to only sith enemies.

The limiting we see on these complex kits probably serves a purpose to 1, not make it overly OP and 2 to help them develop later kits that don't need to directly counter this, just need to be a different faction.

Probably.

But the kits are just tempting disaster each time. I heard (no proof shown) that JKR was delayed originally because there was an easy counter and they had to tweak it at the last minute. This time they didn't catch it until it was out in the wild. I think this will become the norm...something they never thought of forcing another change post release. It will be fun to revisit this a year from now or whenever the next time sith are meta again.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Just for the record, the whales don't trust CG either. That's why many are quitting. We've lost a couple from our launch guild in the past few months. Just saying. Lies and deceit anger all customers - not just f2p and lower paying ones.

Is this happening everywhere? Just recently my guild lost at least 7 members, idk why tho.
  • 3 in my arena shard and 1 in my fleet quit since DR was announced. Good thing about fleet is I don't share a payout now. I am set for 1 and 1 daily. No one in my guild so far but I hardly go into Discord.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    We haven't lost anyone...but then again, we are not a p2w / pvp-heavy guild.

I imagine the ragequits will be disproportionately distributed amongst those guilds full of people who enjoyed being competitive in the game, having stuff before everyone else did, maybe whaling out some...and this event was the straw that broke their camels' collective back.

So, in a way, the event successfully targeted the whales/krakens. Thumbs up, CG!
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Rock, paper, scissors, but if you pay up, you get a nuke. And if your scissors cut some wires to disable the nuke, they take them away.

What the forgot to mention is that paper is actually money, and that beats everything.
  • DocDoom wrote: »
    We haven't lost anyone...but then again, we are not a p2w / pvp-heavy guild.

I imagine the ragequits will be disproportionately distributed amongst those guilds full of people who enjoyed being competitive in the game, having stuff before everyone else did, maybe whaling out some...and this event was the straw that broke their camels' collective back.

So, in a way, the event successfully targeted the whales/krakens. Thumbs up, CG!

You're right.

Most of the people quitting are as you describe.
  • Yep, the game is fully in decline. I'm not begging for hand outs or F2P, I spend some $$ from time to time, but I'm done giving them money cause they are consistently making poor choices and ruining the experience for me.
  • Haxthar
    156 posts Member
    In one day I have gone from never missing arena payout to ‘DR/Malak wall, oh well it’s been a fun day, guess i’ll see what’s on TV, I’m done for the night.’
    Was your DR/Malak team falling to 25 overnight in arena?? Awwww, sorry, here’s a major boost to an already ridiculous kit, so big bad Palpy can’t hurt you... What a 🤬 joke.... this game is about to become too much. 3 years, countless hours and a fair bit of $$ (no whale or anything) and the reward is, locked out of the top of arena because I didn’t go all out on the shiny new toon. Will I recover? Maybe. There might be a counter, but I have to work and grind and research and the whales just have to press the purchase button, plug and play.
  • Haxthar wrote: »
    ...Will I recover? Maybe. There might be a counter, but I have to work and grind and research and the whales just have to press the purchase button, plug and play.

Yeah there is a counter, you could use a strong well geared and fast Palpatine squad....oh, no, wait... :s
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Rock, paper, tm gain.

And have speed mods as literally the only thing that matters? Well, the game might finally go under if they do that, and I'm not sure if it would be a bad thing anymore...

Literally thee current meta is defined by 1 speed faster toons

Thats lame