Zetas come in too Slowly?

Prev1
Docx
94 posts Member
I top out fleet every day, win most TWs, win all GAs:

In the past 30 days we've had 3 zetas on DR, 2 for Hk, 2 for Malak, possibly one for Badstilla. I average a zeta every 9-10 days so I've spent the past 2.5 months saving for this one specific team, and on top of that now 2 more for the Jedi Reworks. By the way, I have a list of about 15 or so zetas I would love to complete such as my entire GG team sitting there with all g12 / g11 paperweights. Been playing for less than a year and a half, I am a whale, but the Zeta income is too slow to be able to complete these teams. I don't want them to be an easy farm, I don't want them to be purchasable, but I want to make progress on characters and at this point I can't.

Replies

• Are you getting the zetas from challenges every sunday, monday, thursday?
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    always.... if it drops
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    I agree completely. People will try and say prioritize, but there are 6 to 10 more Zetas moves added to the game before you can collect one full zeta.
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    Are you getting the zetas from challenges every sunday, monday, thursday?

I got 2 in the past 2 weeks for challenges. That cant be sustainable
  • I was told by I believe @kyno that they don't intend the challenges to be the source of zeta mats. It's the fleet store that should be your main source.
  • I dunno, I always seem to have enough zetas for at least 1 or 2 in the chamber as new toons drop, I find that it takes me longer to get a toon to G12 that it does to save up for their zetas. I do spend most of my ship currency on zetas, though, so that may be a contributing factor.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Saving for the JKR event this month, 27 mats so far lol
  • 9-10 days for a zeta is right on schedule.

You shouldn't be getting more than 1 triple zeta character per month. I understand you want your toons maxed and you want them maxed now - otherwise you wouldn't be a whale. But even whales have to play the game.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Julmay wrote: »

Agreed. We get more zetas than when we started, yes, but it's still like a drop of water in a desert now.

Edit: personally, I wish they got rid of the omega requirements when doing a zeta. Just the purple mats and gold, etc.
  • I don't think Zetas are as much a problem as omegas are. Every character has omegas to max their abilities. Not every character has a zeta. (Not that you should go and drop a zeta on the few remaining that don't have them CG!)

To max out characters with 2-3 zetas, you need dozens of omega pieces, JUST for the zetas. All the other abilities need omega pieces too. Newer characters require 5 omegas for each of those abilities. (i.e., C3PO needs 51 omega pieces to max everything. 51 for just ONE character)

I can get 2, sometimes 3 zetas worth (20 pieces each) in a month.
  • I've been hurting for purple mats for awhile now. Some went to a Scoundrel Qi'ra team then to OR before the DR event. I unlocked both DR and Malak to give them ability level 2 G8. I am still working on putting my first zeta on Malak. It'll come eventually. After Malak gets all his abilities level up then it is time to hoard. So for once I can be ahead of the gear and mats needed for something I might want to build up.
  • Don't worry soon they will add some zeta pack$.

• Julmay wrote: »

That would've a vast improvement of my drop rate for the last month.
  • Gee how many Zetas do you guys want. I can't think of anyone I want to put a Zeta on... maybe more on BH to shore up some of my B squads

Should always keep 100 zetas spare just in case
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Gee how many Zetas do you guys want. I can't think of anyone I want to put a Zeta on... maybe more on BH to shore up some of my B squads

Should always keep 100 zetas spare just in case

I had a lot saved up, but the Darth Revan team including Malak needs a ton.

My biggest issue is Omegas snd with how many are required for each zeta and other abjties I'd like it if they came in a little faster.
  • another super whale complaining that they can't buy zetas...
  • They are a scarce resource, of course they come in slowly.

Obviously, the whole point of the game is what you do with scarce resources. That's the point.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    They are a scarce resource, of course they come in slowly.

Obviously, the whole point of the game is what you do with scarce resources. That's the point.

Point of the game is to make money, I can buy my omegas and gears and get these tw / ga viable teams, but if I don’t have the zetas on them, what’s the point?
  • Docx wrote: »

Point of the game is to make money, I can buy my omegas and gears and get these tw / ga viable teams, but if I don’t have the zetas on them, what’s the point?

Yeah true mate. I don't know why they don't sell them.

• Docx wrote: »

if you buy all the rewards, what's the point?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Docx wrote: »

So that F2P has a glimmer of hope to compete.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Julmay wrote: »

In 1.5 months I managed to get 1 zeta from challenges, then I got lucky and got lucky getting one on Thu and Sun, since then nothing for 3rd week going on.
  • I agree with op. Even if you do everything, you can get about 3 zetas each month. Releasing toons requiring 5-6 zetas combined, each month, makes no sense.
  • you can get about 3 zetas each month. Releasing toons requiring 5-6 zetas combined, each month, makes no sense.

but that hasn't been happening. It's pretty rare that you get new toons with 4+ worthwhile zetas released in a single month.

Bastila (Fallen) has been out for a long time. Darth Revan and Darth Malak were released close together, but by the end of next month at the latest you'll be done with those two. Do you really think they're going to release another toon that's more important than DR & DM in the next 30 days?

Of course not.

So it's up to you to decide which 3 zetas are worthwhile every month. If you can't do that, you won't be any good at the game. If you can do that, you'll make steady progress.

I don't rigorously count how many zeta mats I pick up per month, but I suspect it's around 48-50 with all the specials + my Fleet Arena rank. I could get close to 60, but I've been buying shards fairly often in the Fleet Arena Store because I decided that even if I don't gear them, with the weird things going on with TW bonuses, reworks, etc., I'd just rather have all my toons at 7*. It's a temporary thing, and I'm getting very close to done now with all Fleet Arena present toons, then it's back to 55-60/month or a tiny bit more. (I take 1st in fleet every day, but NS & Ewok events aren't exactly predictable). I've got a backlog of worthwhile zetas that I might do when I have the chance, but nothing so pressing that I can't keep 30-60 zetas sitting around waiting for a great toon to drop.

I also don't zeta a toon, even a great toon like Revan or Malak, unless they're g10+. None of this dropping a zeta on something the instant it's in my hand when I can't use it b/c of gear levels anyway. Not very often, but every once in a while this turns out to be even better than I thought as people discover the toon wasn't as good as it looked before I get it to g10. This has ended up saving me at least 2 zetas that turned out to be mediocre.

Really, the big slow down is shards, especially for toons on one hard node or toons that require GET. Other than that, my farming, gearing and zeta'ing is in a fairly smooth flow.

The only reason 3 zetas a month seems like it's not enough is likely because you're a whale, and when you're a whale you're not slowing down to get shards and gear: you just buy everything and so you think you need to zeta everything RIGHT NOW.

The imbalance with zeta supply isn't because zetas are coming in at an unintended and slow rate. It's because you're buying gear and shards at a rate that far outstrips the intended rate. So there's a mismatch. But hey! Feel lucky: there's still something you actually have to do in the game other than spend money.
  • Typing that up made me curious about whether there was anything else I needed in Fleet store. The only thing left is Tusken Shaman, but I'm 97/100 so I'm content to let those dribble in from Galactic War.

I guess I am done with shards and blueprints from Fleet. All tokens => zeta mats now.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    So, slightly more than 3 full zetas a month - or about 37 total a year. That should be enough to equip quite a few teams during that year. It's not like we need to build 20 full teams every year.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    While I'm fine with taking CG to task for issues in the game, this isn't one. Part of the game is resource management and deciding how to use them. Zeta acquisition rates are fine if you are not trying to simply slap zetas on everything on your roster.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Waqui wrote: »
    So, slightly more than 3 full zetas a month - or about 37 total a year. That should be enough to equip quite a few teams during that year. It's not like we need to build 20 full teams every year.

My dr team took 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 7 zetas.

So, your statement is rather that if you do all challenges at the highest tier, get top fleet reward and spend it all on zetas, have 7* talzin/wicket... Then you can get 5 full teams every year?
    That doesnt sound right.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    I’m 100% ok with earning them, what I’m not ok with is the release of characters and zetas at a faster rate as it doesn’t make me want to spend on gearing up the characters if I can’t use them. Either slow down how many zeta characters are released each month, or add more zetas into the game.

New tier over 200m go in tw
    Zetas in each ga
    More events with zetas per week / month and go longer then one day.
  • How are people clocking a full zeta, 20 zeta shards in 10 days? In my arena sitting at #30 I get 1250 ship currency or is it 1300? Anyway, that's it a day. Takes 2 days to get 1 zeta shard. The challenges? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I seriously haven't gotten more than 2 in the last month. Yeah no kidding I just laugh when I sim it. That's like 16 opportunities and I got 2. It takes me about 3 weeks to get a full zeta.