Before you push the latest update, consider this..

Prev13
BaronFlame
52 posts Member
edited April 2019
Let me preface this by saying that I have Darth Revan and Darth Malak. I did spend money on Darth Revan but not as much because I was already working on OR and they were geared upto g11 and 12 for the most part anyway.

The buffs to Malak to some extent are understandable – It is a brand new toon, It was a stupid hard event. Darth Revan didn’t have the same impact Jedi Knight Revan did so they want to make sure that Darth Malak does.

For the game devs, if they are reading this post, for any game changers who could convey this to CG, or even to leave this for someone to stumble onto a later date. What the arena needs right is – toons which balance out the increase in speed, mod 2.0 brought about.

The latest buff to Malak, would make it impossibly hard for players with slower mods to stand a chance against those who have multiple sets of around +160 speed lying around. While I have 0 issues, or close to anyways, with the buff Malak received, simply because I was getting away with having very fast Sass boosting TM, it would better if Malak was reworked to have some sort of anti-speed mechanic built into his kit.

Maybe something like what Traya had but instead of taking damage from assists, Malak comes with a pre-taunt and reduces a certain amount of max health and inflict speed down when hit.

or

Some sort of mechanic where whenever he reaches one of his marked thresholds, he taunts and inflicts speed down on his own team if they are faster than the fastest character in the opponent’s.

I don’t have the best ideas when it comes to suggesting changes that might bring about balance to the speed-mod-meta that we are having. However more than anything else that is what we need -An arena where speed isn’t the only governing factor.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    I worry that what they heard was:
    “Have Malak inflict undispellable
    Speed down on the opponent with his first move”
  • BaronFlame
    52 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    kello_511 wrote: »
    I worry that what they heard was:
    “Have Malak inflict undispellable
    Speed down on the opponent with his first move”

I worry you putting that down makes it easier for them to "read between the lines". :D
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I think mods 2.0 bought a very good change where speed was no longer the meta. We had health & protection / offense / CD being as good as speed. Darth Revan runs on speed. I’m fine with shifting the mod meta every now and then tbh

People with super fast mods need a moment to make use of their hard earned mods too. Context: I don’t have the fastest Darth Revan in my shard. Not by a long shot but CG is trying to make us use all our mod sets / primaries which is nice, even if it means cycling to a speed meta again
  • BaronFlame
    52 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think mods 2.0 bought a very good change where speed was no longer the meta. We had health & protection / offense / CD being as good as speed. Darth Revan runs on speed. I’m fine with shifting the mod meta every now and then tbh

People with super fast mods need a moment to make use of their hard earned mods too. Context: I don’t have the fastest Darth Revan in my shard. Not by a long shot but CG is trying to make us use all our mod sets / primaries which is nice, even if it means cycling to a speed meta again

I agree to a certain point. Mods 2.0 was fantastic in terms of the health and offence boost but 90% of the time arena matches aren't decided by the other variables; Just purely speed. There are exceptions out there but they are few and far between.
  • I don't know why my last comment disappeared but let me try again

"Also another point to add to that would be to use kits where speed of a character is dependent on other variables. For example, If I plagiarize B1's kit mechanics and change them a bit , instead of health and protection being 1, speed gain is halved and character gains speed based on other stats (max health, damage taken, damage dealt, potency, etc)
    That way you can still have your super speed mod sets count and be able to control the speed meta in the arena."
  • Speed is a problem because we have toons that one shot kill in the open, JKR. Or AOE lose a turn, DR. Or BadStilla, AOE can't put debuffs, can't be dispelled. Previously stuns were very valuable, but now they just make toons that can't be stunned. Even palps AOE stun only guaranteed on shocked enemies. Toons that have really devastating openers should have a slower base stat, or maybe start on cooldown.

I personally was enjoying pre Malak buff meta. Lots of variations to climb. I'm just salty that maurader and sassy, recommended toons with DR is now useless when enemy Malak is around. I paid money to gear those 2 :(
  • Speed is a problem because we have toons that one shot kill in the open, JKR. Or AOE lose a turn, DR. Or BadStilla, AOE can't put debuffs, can't be dispelled. Previously stuns were very valuable, but now they just make toons that can't be stunned. Even palps AOE stun only guaranteed on shocked enemies. Toons that have really devastating openers should have a slower base stat, or maybe start on cooldown.

I personally was enjoying pre Malak buff meta. Lots of variations to climb. I'm just salty that maurader and sassy, recommended toons with DR is now useless when enemy Malak is around. I paid money to gear those 2 :(

It effects malak in the since hes sith but dosent affect him cause he only gains tm when enemies attack out of turn with a sith team dosent so would not affect murader from th malak change
  • Ultra wrote: »

Not saying you're 100% wrong, but I totally don't agree with the statement about HARD EARNED MODS. Mate, mods are all about RNG, you don't have to work hard for them. Sure, you could sacrifice time and crystals constantly farming them, which I do, but have you seen the statistics on getting anything over a +20 speed mod? It's all RNG, and this is coming from a person that has like the 5th fastest DR/Malak team in my shard. This meta is a horrible slap to say, "sorry your luck has been ****, but this is all about speed right now, all about the faster Fallen Bastila." It's not a good look, and it's not fun. I'd honestly rather go back to mirror JKR matches.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

speed mods are hard-earned? speed rolling on mods is pure luck of the draw, there's no skill or hoarding/resource management etc involved.

the best part about the jkr meta was that speed didn't always win, especially when you are on offense and they had a faster drev. people complain about mirror matches but at least they took planning and mod-management other than solely speed,
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

speed mods are hard-earned? speed rolling on mods is pure luck of the draw, there's no skill or hoarding/resource management etc involved.

the best part about the jkr meta was that speed didn't always win, especially when you are on offense and they had a faster drev. people complain about mirror matches but at least they took planning and mod-management other than solely speed,

Exactly! This is majority in favor of pure speed, and that's it. I've even tried the whole tenacity approach having 150% on Malak, and it still doesn't do **** really.
  • It's not a good look, and it's not fun. I'd honestly rather go back to mirror JKR matches.

A fair bit of my guild mates have the same view.
    Gifafi wrote: »

^This. My GMY was slower than a lot of my shard mates at around 285 but with the offence stats he had, he used to one shot other toons a lot.
    Having higher tenacity was huge with Jolee. I actually have 6e mods with tenacity primaries and mediocre speed which didn't seem a waste of modding resources because I could still use them in my arena squad.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

I've been playing consistently for about a year and I can't remember any point at which speed wasn't paramount. Yes, during the reign of JKR you could beat a slightly faster JKR team than your own, but having more speed was still a huge advantage.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

I've been playing consistently for about a year and I can't remember any point at which speed wasn't paramount. Yes, during the reign of JKR you could beat a slightly faster JKR team than your own, but having more speed was still a huge advantage.

1. During the Traya meta when Chewie was introduced, modding priorities had to be shifted.
    2. Nightsisters meta where potency was important due to plague.
    3. JTR/Finn meta for the expose train.
    4. EP meta where if your opponent had a faster vader you could still win with a slower but zeta'd DN and DS.

Speed was always important but never this important.
  • I am not saying what you are saying what you are saying is wrong, just saying that we have had a few metas where you could get around faster teams because another variable could dictate the game, be it zetas, or potency or crit immunity,etc. and speed wasn't actually the most important variable.
  • I am bloody livid. I spent bucks on buying G12.5 for my sith assasin to compete as it looked like i needed speed meta. I want all of my gear refunded for any sith TM based char so that I can make an informed choice or I'm going to Apple to ask for a refund for my last 3 months spent on this game. I know they don't give a rats as I am classified a dolphin and not a whale who spends at the top 1% but this change really is a kick in the balls.
  • Nose
    19 posts Member
    SamoBudo wrote: »
    I am bloody livid. I spent bucks on buying G12.5 for my sith assasin to compete as it looked like i needed speed meta. I want all of my gear refunded for any sith TM based char so that I can make an informed choice or I'm going to Apple to ask for a refund for my last 3 months spent on this game. I know they don't give a rats as I am classified a dolphin and not a whale who spends at the top 1% but this change really is a kick in the balls.

I’m in the same boat. I went through the EA help desk but they were not able to give me the gear back despite CGs deception that Sith Empire characters had synergy. After this and the dumpster fire that’s been these last few weeks, I’m not spending another dime. And for you trolls, yes I have DR and Malak and have no problem with making Malak OP. I’m just not a whale that can crap out a 12+ gear piece. This nerf made Sith Assassin garbage and I want my gear back CG.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Not saying you're 100% wrong, but I totally don't agree with the statement about HARD EARNED MODS. Mate, mods are all about RNG, you don't have to work hard for them. Sure, you could sacrifice time and crystals constantly farming them, which I do, but have you seen the statistics on getting anything over a +20 speed mod? It's all RNG, and this is coming from a person that has like the 5th fastest DR/Malak team in my shard. This meta is a horrible slap to say, "sorry your luck has been ****, but this is all about speed right now, all about the faster Fallen Bastila." It's not a good look, and it's not fun. I'd honestly rather go back to mirror JKR matches.

There's some luck involved in mod farming, but generally speaking the players who've poored more resources into mods end up with better mods. Saying it's just luck is disingenuous imo.
    Like most people (i assume) i also feel like i'm getting shafted on mods and others are way more lucky than i am.
    I'm not really struggling vs faster dr/bassie teams btw, so i definately don't want to go back to JKR mirrors all day erryday.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • SamoBudo wrote: »
    I am bloody livid. I spent bucks on buying G12.5 for my sith assasin to compete as it looked like i needed speed meta. I want all of my gear refunded for any sith TM based char so that I can make an informed choice or I'm going to Apple to ask for a refund for my last 3 months spent on this game. I know they don't give a rats as I am classified a dolphin and not a whale who spends at the top 1% but this change really is a kick in the balls.
    Nose wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat. I went through the EA help desk but they were not able to give me the gear back despite CGs deception that Sith Empire characters had synergy. After this and the dumpster fire that’s been these last few weeks, I’m not spending another dime. And for you trolls, yes I have DR and Malak and have no problem with making Malak OP. I’m just not a whale that can crap out a 12+ gear piece. This nerf made Sith Assassin garbage and I want my gear back CG.

This does seem like a nerf to a whole faction than a buff to a single toon.
  • leef wrote: »

There's some luck involved in mod farming, but generally speaking the players who've poored more resources into mods end up with better mods. Saying it's just luck is disingenuous imo.

I disagree, we are essentially gambling on mods. Without a definitive way to know to what Secondaries are going to roll when mods are upgraded or leveled up you are, by all means, playing the numbers and taking a chance.
    Thus by definition of luck itself, being the success or failure apparently brought by chance, it is just luck.

Like most people (i assume) i also feel like i'm getting shafted on mods and others are way more lucky than i am.
    I'm not really struggling vs faster dr/bassie teams btw, so i definately don't want to go back to JKR mirrors all day erryday.

No it's pure luck. My dec`17 alt has faster speed mods than my Dec'15 main. The difference is my main has more 20+ (highest 22 though) and 15+ speed mods, but when you only need one good set to dominate arena, it doesnt really help much.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    BaronFlame wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

I disagree, we are essentially gambling on mods. Without a definitive way to know to what Secondaries are going to roll when mods are upgraded or leveled up you are, by all means, playing the numbers and taking a chance.
    Thus by definition of luck itself, being the success or failure apparently brought by chance, it is just luck.

Almost nothing you said indicates you actually disagree with what i said, except you saying you disagree and call it "just luck".
  • Why not design new characters to encourage slower mods like they did with Droideka? Encourage other mod stats.

I honestly think CG was going in a right direction. However, and this me assuming, that JKR's kit proved to be more overpowering than they had actually anticipated which sent them down the same path again.

Almost nothing you said indicates you actually disagree with what i said, except you saying you disagree and call it "just luck".

lol
    How?
    You entire statement was this - "Saying it's just luck is disingenuous imo."
    My whole explanation proves otherwise unless like I stated you can accurately predict what secondaries you are going to roll.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

lol
    How?
    My whole explanation proves otherwise unless like I stated you can accurately predict what secondaries you are going to roll.

luck involved =/= just luck

lol
    How?

luck involved =/= just luck

Let me just break it down before you say that I am making statements without any logic behind it.
    Unless you know what secondaries you are going to get, doesn't matter how many mods you have or are working on, you are taking a chance on that mod.
    Chance itself is defined as - a possibility of something happening. Possibility, not a definitive chance - a possibility.
    And when you introduce chance as a variable in an equation, no matter how small, you are letting luck dictate it since one variable is enough to change the entire equation.

Please present me a logical statement as how some luck =/= just luck.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    So as someone with good speed mods, I shouldn't get an advantage over those who neglected speed mods and don't have the same depth as me? Sounds fair.

The whole point isn't that those who have neglected speed mods should gain an unfair advantage over you.
    What if the person HAS spent more time into trying to farm speed mods but just hasn't had a good roll. I don't mind letting luck be A variable in your success but it shouldn't be THE ONLY variable.
    I am by no means suggesting that someone with a 200 speed revan should beat your 320+ speed revan. lol