Kit Touch-Up: General Kenobi

13Next

Replies

• Why would the damage they take have to exceed the protection up?

It says “...loses ANY protection up” not “looses protection up”

Cause anakin can provide 5 protection up and gmy can give protection up and ahsoka also so they can have more then 1 instance up at a time
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Wow this is a zeta. Pretty underwhelming. I'm going to give it a benefit of doubt and see if newer toons would make this worthwhile but currently its as good as BSF's foresight zeta

Nobody was less in need of a zeta than GK anyway.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow this is a zeta. Pretty underwhelming. I'm going to give it a benefit of doubt and see if newer toons would make this worthwhile but currently its as good as BSF's foresight zeta

I agree with you to an extent, but he was the only Raid/Legendary/Journey character that didn't have one. By doing this, they actually bring a little bit of consistency to the game.
  • So with jka, at, gmy, and c3po gk will taunt forever?
  • So with jka, at, gmy, and c3po gk will taunt forever?

Yes, even after the battle is over
  • thewhitegift
    294 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Yea but who replaces GK on a JKR team? I've tried Juhani, it doesnt really work as well, and i dont see any other old republic toon capable of filling the spot. I guess just like a lot of ppl i'm scratching my head to trying to figure out how to beat DR with JKR.

It would be fun to have a full old republic team under JKR in arena, which brings me to another point... GMY seems irreplaceable as well.
  • Yea but who replaces GK on a JKR team?

Ever heard of Hermit Yoda?
  • I believe I will do 2 full jedi teams: (A) Revan, Bastilla, Jolee, GMY, Hermit Yoda; and (B) GK, Anakin, Ahsoka, QGJ and either Bariss or Plo (unless Mace gets a rework, then it's him in 5th, since I would be developing him for the capital ship anyway).

I would not weaken a Revan team to migrate GMY over to GK team, and having Hermit Yoda is a good enough compensation for GK on the Revan team.

I see far greater benefits using C3PO on resistance team, and clones are not going to be a priority for me any time soon.
  • Why would the damage they take have to exceed the protection up?

It says “...loses ANY protection up” not “looses protection up”

Not saying I’m right, but I interpret it the same way you do. The word ANY would be complete unnecessary and only serve to make it more confusing if you had to completely loose the protection up buff.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Need my zfinn zeta that I rapplies back as you said zfinn would defeat GK led teams
    With this and clone reworks he will not....

Your promises should last more than a month. Refund GK nonkiller anymore zfinn

• Altazarus wrote: »
    I believe I will do 2 full jedi teams: (A) Revan, Bastilla, Jolee, GMY, Hermit Yoda; and (B) GK, Anakin, Ahsoka, QGJ and either Bariss or Plo (unless Mace gets a rework, then it's him in 5th, since I would be developing him for the capital ship anyway).

I would not weaken a Revan team to migrate GMY over to GK team, and having Hermit Yoda is a good enough compensation for GK on the Revan team.

I see far greater benefits using C3PO on resistance team, and clones are not going to be a priority for me any time soon.

I think C3PO is going to make a GR-Jedi team extremely good with these changes. I listed the reasons over in the Ahsoka thread, but I'll reiterate. Ahsoka is going to get a turn when C3PO uses his special. Two if she has translate. C3PO gives everyone defense pen bonus and the protection up bonus when they gain a buff. Then he gives the increased health, increased crit chance and lowers the cooldowns with translate. In addition to getting the normal benefits of lowered cooldowns, it also means more bonus attacks for Ahsoka.

GK with protection up to 6x from Anakin and C3PO + 30% max health from C3PO + 30% max health and 70% defense from his own lead and the 65% chance to gain foresight is going to make him a difficult kill that is constantly taunting. And anything preventing him from buffing is most likely not going to stay on him long between Ahsoka's modified basic & Kenobi's Negotiator special.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Hardly. Kenobi isn’t the tank he used to be.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Roksteady wrote: »
    Altazarus wrote: »
    I believe I will do 2 full jedi teams: (A) Revan, Bastilla, Jolee, GMY, Hermit Yoda; and (B) GK, Anakin, Ahsoka, QGJ and either Bariss or Plo (unless Mace gets a rework, then it's him in 5th, since I would be developing him for the capital ship anyway).

I think C3PO is going to make a GR-Jedi team extremely good with these changes. I listed the reasons over in the Ahsoka thread, but I'll reiterate. Ahsoka is going to get a turn when C3PO uses his special. Two if she has translate. C3PO gives everyone defense pen bonus and the protection up bonus when they gain a buff. Then he gives the increased health, increased crit chance and lowers the cooldowns with translate. In addition to getting the normal benefits of lowered cooldowns, it also means more bonus attacks for Ahsoka.

GK with protection up to 6x from Anakin and C3PO + 30% max health from C3PO + 30% max health and 70% defense from his own lead and the 65% chance to gain foresight is going to make him a difficult kill that is constantly taunting. And anything preventing him from buffing is most likely not going to stay on him long between Ahsoka's modified basic & Kenobi's Negotiator special.

Except Quality Control missed this and will be nerfed once it's found to beat anyone good
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    The only thing I'm not liking is they have to be Zata minus Anakin..just to get back to 100%.. then it is a buff..but untill then it is look at looking like a nerf.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Hardly. Kenobi isn’t the tank he used to be.

Yes, he's not the tank he used to be... despite being probably the second-best plug-and-play character in the game and being integral to a competitive JKR squad...

~Morningfrost
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Been wanting GK to have a zeta for a long time.

Why did you guys make it terrible, so pointless it might not even exist?

Since when will GK not be under JKR?

Also, since when will GMY not be under JKR?

Two vital GR jedi, who already have a squad, one gets a zeta that effectively, even if you zeta'd it, will always do nothing? (Just like Yoda's lead, lol)
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Roksteady wrote: »
    Altazarus wrote: »

Except Quality Control missed this and will be nerfed once it's found to beat anyone good

I raise you an Annihilate, or a HK, or a Malak.

Yeah, so they will hardly do any damage, while being a little bit tanky, and very debuffable, and still one shottable, and fracturable.

And slow.

People seem to forget that before Bast/JKR, Jedi were all the worst characters in this game.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

Two vital GR jedi, who already have a squad, one gets a zeta that effectively, even if you zeta'd it, will always do nothing? (Just like Yoda's lead, lol)

Because if they gave General Kenobi a zeta that effected the Jedi faction or boosted him on the whole, Jedi Knight Revan teams would be boosted because of it. I zetad General Kenobi the moment the update went live and I don't regret it because there is more coming. Once Anakin or Ahsoka go, he pretty much has a permanent taunt for the entire match allowing the other Galactic Republic characters the chance to do their job. Kenobi's zeta will allow some of the weaker Galactic Republic allies live enough to fight.

There is also another consideration and that is the Geonosis Territory Battle. General Kenobi and GR will definitely have special missions or battles where you can only use GR or GR Jedi which means no Revan, no Bastilla, no Jolee. In this setting, Kenobi's zeta has a great potential benefit to various GR teams and compositions.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

Because if they gave General Kenobi a zeta that effected the Jedi faction or boosted him on the whole, Jedi Knight Revan teams would be boosted because of it. I zetad General Kenobi the moment the update went live and I don't regret it because there is more coming. Once Anakin or Ahsoka go, he pretty much has a permanent taunt for the entire match allowing the other Galactic Republic characters the chance to do their job. Kenobi's zeta will allow some of the weaker Galactic Republic allies live enough to fight.

There is also another consideration and that is the Geonosis Territory Battle. General Kenobi and GR will definitely have special missions or battles where you can only use GR or GR Jedi which means no Revan, no Bastilla, no Jolee. In this setting, Kenobi's zeta has a great potential benefit to various GR teams and compositions.

So then unless the content is made really easy or we get some new even more broken Jedi, the content will be impossible because Jedi are terrible unless under JKR or Bast. Waste of a zeta there :D
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    So with jka, at, gmy, and c3po gk will taunt forever?

Yes, even after the battle is over

He is an antagonizing character after all.

Remember when on Naboo, he went , "Nanny nanny boo boo?"
  • Can anyone tell me if they changed the leader ability ..
    When a jedi healer used it's team heal he or she would also attack . But now the wording has changed to other allies but I can't remember if it was always that way.

I used to team up jedi consular with GK, zbarris ,Ashoka and hyoda just for fun you were able to get jedi consular to heal every turn ,but now he never assists on his own heal which I remember him doing all the time.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Seems that the zeta is purely so that Ahsoka can't be focused down while having critical immunity. Seems very bad for a zeta, since it not only exists solely to help one specific ally, but also requires that the whole team be only Galactic Republic. Should have been an omega.
  • Altazarus wrote: »

I got decent Jedi even igd and Ayala can rock also igd has 100 Percent more damage against droids helpful in AAT and Ayala stuns and calls a lot of assists just igd Ayala ashoka Ezra and Yoda can get ya 2 percentage if your not up with all the teams
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Teague wrote: »
    Seems that the zeta is purely so that Ahsoka can't be focused down while having critical immunity. Seems very bad for a zeta, since it not only exists solely to help one specific ally, but also requires that the whole team be only Galactic Republic. Should have been an omega.

Exactly. There is no way that is on par with say, It binds all things or Number Crunch.

They actually feel like game changing abilities, they actually feel like zeta's.

This feels like an omega, that they made into a zeta because "lolz GK needed one because we must drain everyone of the few zeta's they have how dare we actually think of our playerbase?".
  • Gorem wrote: »

Lol. Ain’t that the truth. :smirk:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • For his basic Instead of double damage if all allies are buffed it should be 25% more per buffed ally that way it's more of a sliding scale rather than a on or off .