Upcoming Change to Darth Malak [MERGE]

Replies

• DocDoom wrote: »
    Me: Whaled out to get DR so I could be on top of the meta for once.

Also me: Saw DR immediately marginalized by CG rolling out another p2w toon. Finally accepted that spending money gets you no respect from them and even if you spend on a character it will probably be irrelevant in a matter of weeks.

Now me: Watching "fix" after "fix" for Darth Malak to make him worth the investment ppl put into him. *Shrugs, puts away wallet forever as far as CG is concerned*

Exactly this , they are killing all non whale spending, see how long your game lasts.
  • as a whale, i'm fed up with CG changing things in this way. everything they introduce ends up "unintended" and gets nerfed.
    and the intended version of things.. is boring. nobody finds HSTR fun, or HAAT, or top 20 arena mirror matches base on mod speed. not even the whales who have the speed, and money.
    it even took them forever to "nerf" the night sisters 'paper zombie' but when they did, they said it was because they did not want players to be encouraged to not gear up a hero... and yet... for months now, we've had a matchmaking formula for GA that does exactly that. and CG hasn't said a word about it, which is now a trend.
    CG puts out undesirable news/updates, and angers the playerbase, and then continue on like the players do not have a voice. the game is losing players, whales included. the idea that whales are addicts that can't quit is nonsense.
  • Why not just make it " opponents may not gain bonus turn meter from leadership abilities"

Nerf them all :)
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    The DR team is meant to debuff themselves, losing defense and tenacity constantly. Thats it. Its not supposed to also give 5 x 25% tm to the enemy team every turn.
    That is an exploit.

Shock is there for offense synergy. It makes sense thematically.

In the context of a multiplayer game, an "exploit" is considered gaining a personal advantage over other players through the use of a known in-game bug.

Using Palpatine squads to defeat Darth Revan is not an exploit - it is literally how the skills were designed.

It wasnt designed that way. The devs clearly said that it was not the intention.

If a mechanic is against the will of the developer and you're using it to profit yourself (get more crystal payout), thats exactly an exploit.

Then they should have designed it better, pretty simple.
  • mazingo wrote: »
    Javin37 wrote: »
    mazingo wrote: »
    Javin37 wrote: »
    mazingo wrote: »
    If I buy a car (revan) and I put a motor (malak), then I put some wheels that recommended me on March 23 the development team (SA).

My question is because only 21 days later who recommended me those wheels (SA) breaks them.

I have explained this to EA's telephone service and redirected me to the development team.

@CG_SBCrumb

Did CG recommend sith assassin?

Or did you make that decision before you knew what malak would be?

That's what you need to have answers to before speaking to anyone...

" Darth Revan is a dominant leader for the new Sith Empire faction and powers up a team by weakening its own defensive capabilities. Darth Revan will lead a very aggressive Sith Empire team that aims to take down enemies quickly but with a different approach than most. Darth Revan’s kit is focused on effectively taking down the enemy leader while applying beneficial debuffs. We think this will be a very powerful character with longevity in PvP and do fairly well in raids. Check out Darth Revan's kit"

They said that the empire sith squad would be PVP and would have synergy between them. with photo included.

Today SA is out of the goal because its only viability is in that squadron.
    SA's utility right now is the same as Pao

hyperbole. He shocks and is fast. Shock gets Malak to taunt.

Still has synergy.

following the simil of the car. I buy some wheels for circuit (PVP) and now they only serve me to go to the supermarket.

No hyperbole reality, but you're just flying the post.

Dude hes a cg white knight if you haven't figured it out. Ignore him
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    The game is built on the idea of constantly releasing heroes to counter existing. This is how it is structured, as they see it as the only way to bring in revenue. Trouble is it hits critical mass quickly and then spirals out of control. Guess where we are now kids.. yup..
  • I am what is considered a whale, I have Malak at G11 and i am totally against this. I waited for Malak's kit to be released before putting a zeta on Palpatine lead. I also have a G11.5 Sith Assassin. I am now looking at a mod rush which will be horribly boring plus two characters I did the right thing with and waited to invest on then you nerf them horribly. Just when I thought you were making the game better...
  • Guess my last point on this is, most of the people who got malak, are either whales or ftp hoarders who are somewhere near the top of the Arena. Guess what, their malaks are protected by the garbage shard cartels, why do they need more protection? It seems not only are they screwing ftp players there, but also making the shard cartels even more exclusive and powerful.
  • So with the game focused on pvp, can we please level out the playing field between the characters?

right now it seems like the only viable team NEEDS either jedi revan or darth revan + malak.

Now with the nerfs to palps to protect malak it just seems like CG hates anyone who hasnt spent a lot of money on the game.
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb Can you speak to Why is this all Sith and not just no TM from Sith leader abilities (or reduced TM gain)?

Thematically I get their being Sith vs Sith rivalry and that being reflected in some abilities. Functionally I get that EP vs DR is kinda broken. But as it’s written it is adding a HUGE OP element to an already OP character that ruins abilities and uniques of characters that should be functionally and thematically against Sith Empire/Malak teams (SA, SM, DN as well as the unique for EP who is arguably the most successful Sith ever).
  • Amen to that. You’re not alone. Lots of people are very upset about this. The game is definitely changing to a pay to win format. Any time anything assists f2p it’s nerfed immediately.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Any F2P person can get JKR when he gets released on the 27th for the 3rd time. If you still cant get him then that's on you.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Any F2P person can get JKR when he gets released on the 27th for the 3rd time. If you still cant get him then that's on you.
    I don’t think you’re getting what he is trying to say.
    But to your point, yes the 3rd time 😐 now that they have a new toy smh
  • Orleans wrote: »
    Orleans wrote: »
    Finally mods matter a bit more. Thanks for that! Drevan with Malak getting hit by G9 Palp shouldn't happen at all.

Poor whale, don't like having a counter to your shiny new toy , lmao

Oh no worries man, I got Drevan and Malak F2P because I farmed Mission and Zaal right after Revan hit. Why? They are awesome for TW and GA. Started farming OR right away as well. It was obvious what was going to happen.

I started farming the new OR as soon as they were added, refreshing their nodes daily. I still did not get them in time. If it came back this week I would still have to buy some Carth shards
  • Along the week they will throw some weak bone trying to calm down the community.

Called.
    Reworks just released right before...

I am hyped to see what bomb will drop friday afternoon this week.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Its funny because Revan had, in his lead, a counter designed against Bast leads. To prevent Bast lead gaining TM against him.

Then DR comes out, causes a quite nice diverse meta, seeing Palp's, DR's, JKR's, CLS's in top 200, even some NS.

Then Malak comes out to put an end to an actual good arena after so many months of JKR being the only meta.

Like, Come on'

The game was actually BETTER before Malak. Just like how the game was better pre-Falcon. Pre-JKR the game was awesome too. Falcon still needs a good counter.

Please don't let us enter another 90% meta for 4month period. This game will die.
  • Blisshunt
    8 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Please just lissen to the community here. Stop with this "simple" fixes that actually makes the game more monotone and less fun. It kills creativity, and dolphins like me's willingness to spend money on this game. I'm quite sure the financial weigth of all the dolphins are more than the few bluewhales you are accommodating by this and many other changes you have done. This could be handled better. I.e.: Malak immune to shock.
  • As I’ve posted before, I am totally FOR nerfing Palpatine, but Sith Assassin shouldn’t get nerfed, especially when she was advertised as having synergy with the team. There is such an easy solution though. Like mega easy. Posted below is their new description and my change is in all caps:

FINAL ABILITY (ZETA) DESCRIPTION: Darth Malak Taunts for 1 turn whenever an enemy is inflicted with Shock or Fear. Sith enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter (excludes Raid Bosses AND SITH EMPIRE). At the end of each turn, enemies who inflicted Damage Over Time on Darth Malak or critically hit him this turn are inflicted with Fear for 1 turn, which can't be resisted or evaded.

Boom. By adding “and Sith Empire” Sith Assassin doesn’t get nerfed and it still has CG’s desired outcome.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    As I’ve posted before, I am totally FOR nerfing Palpatine, but Sith Assassin shouldn’t get nerfed, especially when she was advertised as having synergy with the team. There is such an easy solution though. Like mega easy. Posted below is their new description and my change is in all caps:

FINAL ABILITY (ZETA) DESCRIPTION: Darth Malak Taunts for 1 turn whenever an enemy is inflicted with Shock or Fear. Sith enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter (excludes Raid Bosses AND SITH EMPIRE). At the end of each turn, enemies who inflicted Damage Over Time on Darth Malak or critically hit him this turn are inflicted with Fear for 1 turn, which can't be resisted or evaded.

Boom. By adding “and Sith Empire” Sith Assassin doesn’t get nerfed and it still has CG’s desired outcome.

Yes and no cause the enemy emp can still give tm to bsf dr malak sass murader SiT so that only stops emp giving him self turn meter and back to the same issue

Only real way would be to make it say enemie leaders effects cant grant bonus tm
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    So you're saying is the game is balanced?
    I understand that revan will rotate back around and people can get him at that point. But what I'm saying is it shouldn't be one character that you need otherwise you can't compete. There should be more than only two competitive teams.
  • This is just another example of how cg isn't able to test anything right. If I work like this I would get fired.

Me too! Anger your player base then have yet another toon you need to fix immediately because of craptastic testing.

I stopped spending with Talzin farm nonsense. When they fixed that I started again. I stopped at Revanue. Now I’m waiting till my guild can replace me and I’m done with this trash fire.

I’d hopped on to see if this horrible company had come to their senses. More of the same. I’ll bet their revenue will be down several more million this time next year. Only so many whales to juice.....
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

JKR is past meta, the most relevant characters now are DR and Malak. And even when they were obtainable by ftp or light spenders with good resource management and a bit of luck, gearing them is a different story entirely. The new gear is the real bummer in all this mess, they should add it into stores and/or some rewards asap. The joke is getting old.
  • hsof777 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    So you're saying is the game is balanced?
    I understand that revan will rotate back around and people can get him at that point. But what I'm saying is it shouldn't be one character that you need otherwise you can't compete. There should be more than only two competitive teams.

Cg/ea is controlling the meta and im guessing they want only paywall/future paywall teams only in the meta so jkr and dr and malak and guessing after 2 more pay wall metas roughly 6 months ir so they wont want jkr in the meta either just like emp and find a way to eliminate him from it guessing its EAs way to try to increase profits since they are down compared to the previous year
  • cynerd
    18 posts Member
    There are 387 message about this subject, but 0 explanation from CG.
    They act like God by not listening to the players.
    Why do you do this???
  • cynerd wrote: »
    Why do you do this???

Would you read 10+ message over lets say a fourms where 90% is always negative all the time no matter what u do? I know i wouldn't and if i did i would probably not care to respond and ignore it they could grsnt every player a free vault and players would still complain about its unfair or they want more so by the fourms being fairly toxic why would they bother
  • Nice touch on GK, Anakin and Ahsoka but it doesn't make up for Malak's mess
    We shall never forget
  • cynerd wrote: »
    Why do you do this???

Would you read 10+ message over lets say a fourms where 90% is always negative all the time no matter what u do? I know i wouldn't and if i did i would probably not care to respond and ignore it they could grsnt every player a free vault and players would still complain about its unfair or they want more so by the fourms being fairly toxic why would they bother

Being a business owner myself yes, yes I would try and respond to large amounts of comments and feedback even if it were negative feedback. You know why? Because that's business and part of being a business.

Sorry...that's somewhat untrue. You would cater to your customer base...in this game, the customer base is largely whales/krakens.

It's not that different than why cable news networks are what they are these days.