Complaints.... Already

Prev1
Zaxtus
2 posts Member
edited April 2019
So with the recent and sudden release of Darth Malak, made a LOT of people are irritated with the current flow of content coming into the game. It's understandable even though I'm a player who's nowhere close to being at the top (1.3 mil GP). It is very frustrating to see such stuff catered to p2p. But recently, (yesterday) Crumb, made an announcement for the reworks of three iconic characters; GK, JKA and Ashoka. When I read them, I felt as if this was quite well done. Even though there's no zeta on jka still, I feel they've done a good job with the kits. But as usual, there were many complaints... Why?? I don't understand the why that at one point in time, when there's an announcement about a p2p catering change, everyone complains about it not being f2p. I get that and it's completely understandable. But complaining about a rework? That hasn't even been added yet and tested in-game? Come on. Though this may not be significant, I feel it's healthy and great for players who still want to have fun and work on random factions and teams to play, rather than constantly stressing and trying to chase the meta which will eventually change again and again. I have a meta rebel team in my arena at the moment, but for this month and the next, I'm farming Galactic Republic, and make a team that WILL be fun to use. And (This is my opinion DO NOT takenot to your ego...) If you're still complaining about small changes such as these that clearly catering to f2p and still somewhat good, stop playing, you're not enjoying it. Anyways thanks and have a great day!
Post edited by Zaxtus on

Replies

• MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I agree wholeheartedly. Some people on this forum just have to shut up already and accept that this is a great game made by talented people. It's also one of the f2p-friendlier games of this quality out there, and that is despite the EA-factor.

It's a shame that toxic people usually are the first to scramble to the forums and raise pandemonium. Can easily trick people into believing that their distorted and biased opinions are the general consensus of the player base.

Edited to remove swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Because it's the forum - complain about everything. While many complains are justified, there are just as many that are unreasonable.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Essentially this forum is full of game “reviews” it’s like yelp for the game. Of course there is lots of great information on here and theorizing , but there is a huge portion of the forum that is people who are unsatisfied with their experience as a customer. Just like yelp , it’s often only the negative written. Like yelp it’s also a lot of airheads who don’t have a grip on business, reality, or think that others care about their opinion more than they do. You can’t please everybody
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    because I don't want to gear 2 toons that have been garbage from jump
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I agree wholeheartedly. Some people on this forum

Tell us how you really feel awesome guy

Edit sorry had to delete your toxic language and abusive post... but yeah maybe we feel same about you sir !!!!

Good day
  • I'm complaining that a guy has posted a thread complaining about people posting complaining threads! What has my life come to?
  • Welcome to the SWGOH Forum! Ahsoka's new kit looks great and I already use them all in GA/TW, so I'm looking forward to using the new Super-soka. Woooooooo
    TD55vxI.png
  • Clearly there are always complainers but some complaints are a lot more valid than others. I think the forum does a pretty good job filtering out the good ones from the bad ones.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

And we have our first one up on deck!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    l miss the days when people had to decide to work on fleet or toon arena....now CG is basically giving everyone G12 pilots for all their fleets....

Maybe if they do a ship raid they dont' want everyone crying how they ignored ships and can't compete....so just give everyone a G12 toon for every ship...and no one will whine....but hey I think Jedi Consular still has no reason to be G12... CG get on the rework

then don't?
  • Agreed. Fifa has been brutalised by EA, hope the same doesn't happen to this game, despite the recent impression it might.

But I still find it extremely enjoyable. I'm hoping we will get an unholy amount of Clones with an infinite amount of lineups. Literally make a "Clones" tab in characters and release every single clone trooper ever. That would be unbelievably amazingly super epic.

I doubt that but a Clone re-work would be nice :smiley:
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    Agreed. Fifa has been brutalised by EA, hope the same doesn't happen to this game, despite the recent impression it might.

While this game is a drop in the bucket compared to their major games....it's a steady moneymaker....as long as they don't drive everyone away trying to increase profits you would think they would want to keep the game around (if it's solid in the green) in case another of their major properties collapses driving the stock to 0 they could then sell the game to lucasarts give the CEOS some golden parachutes lay off everyone else. Game bought by lucasarts and then we get those sweet sweet LEGENDS characters wooooooooooooo That would give the game a 20 year plan
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Agreed. Fifa has been brutalised by EA, hope the same doesn't happen to this game, despite the recent impression it might.

While this game is a drop in the bucket compared to their major games....it's a steady moneymaker....as long as they don't drive everyone away trying to increase profits you would think they would want to keep the game around (if it's solid in the green) in case another of their major properties collapses driving the stock to 0 they could then sell the game to lucasarts give the CEOS some golden parachutes lay off everyone else. Game bought by lucasarts and then we get those sweet sweet LEGENDS characters wooooooooooooo That would give the game a 20 year plan

I don't know about EA's console games but I think SWGOH is EA's most profitable mobile game by a wide margin.

Legends are gone...no longer canon.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    [/quote]

Legends are gone...no longer canon.[/quote]

Calbear949 wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Legends are gone...no longer canon.

lol this reminded me to wear my Captain Obvious T-shirt to work Friday :) thanks :)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

then don't?

derp.

then don't?

derp.

I just don't get the reason to complain.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

then don't?

derp.

^^^
  • You cant please everyone. There are always people that act like the kid that wants everything in the store and screams when they cant

then don't?

derp.

^^^

Then don't gear them...why complain?

And if you believe that they will be good enough to gear...then they are not garbage.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    LOL so many high horses ridin this thread yo.

People complaining feel they have valid complaints even if they are not.

People should counter those arguments with their reasons.

But like this thread and 200 others right now it's just people complaining about the complainers no counters just complaining about complainers. And now me complaining about the complainers complaining about the original complainers....herpes

General Discussion has Herpes right now on all sides. Thank god no one ever posts in ships anymore we can still have fun discussion about kits and stuff.

We should make a new SUB called Points and Counter points

1) Person makes complaint
    2) Person counters complaint
    3) Person makes original complaint counters
    4) Person countering argument get to counter the counter
    5) OP get ONE your wrong u iz dumb
    6) Counter Compainter get's one your wrong u iz dumb

/thread

Herpes obliterated mission accomplished. General Discussion returned to sick but not STD sick status

• If your GP is around 1.3m then you haven't been around long enough to realise that not enough testing goes into reworked characters (or new ones for that matter). 90% of rework characters (and new) manages to break something somewhere.
    So everyone simply asks for no reworks so we don't have to go through the heartache that goes with it.

With experience you'll learn how CG works and then you'll beg them to leave old toons alone.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Even the best updates have had a major gotchas attached. Like the one where they added territory battles and g12, but cancelled the daily crystal booster. Lately the forums seem to be in a worse mood than usual because of the 5 hard battle reduction and malak rollout.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ringer
    33 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    While I don't disagree with your premise OP, I have to say I'm fairly bummed on these reworks, so I understand why a lot of people are feeling less than enthusiastic about them.

My generally feeling (which I know everyone is going to jump down my throat and say I'm an idjit, because apparently, ****. is censorworthy, for) is that if something is worth mentioning in the Road Ahead, it should have a significant impact on the game (like Raid Simming or a new TB map). The reworks didn't have to bring them to arena meta level and I understand not wanting to give JKR or Bastila revamped toys, however they aren't all that great either, outside of Ashoka when compared to what they were. Certainly not to the point where I would consider it "Quarterly Road Ahead" worthy.
    Obi-Wan: "It's over, Anakin. I have the high ground."
    Vader: "You underestimate my power."
    Obi-Wan: "Don't try it."

Discord: Ringer#6983
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    JDIII wrote: »
    I keep seeing some players saying that oh they will be good to use in TW or GA...don’t you guys have teams already to use in those game modes that are better...YES, so no I’m not excited for those 3 getting reworked

So you alrdy found the perfect team comp for them and extensively tested them both on offense and on defense against various other team comps? Mind to share your insight?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    "I never have enough zetas"
    "What do you mean he isnt getting a zeta?"

People just like to complain.
  • Sure the reworks are fine. Great.

The only thing im annoyed about is not being able to do anything for them. Best of them is my kenobi, and ashokas g2, and anakins not even activated. Its justa waste of time for me right now.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • I still think this is a great game, it had up's and down's but at least we got a lot to try:
    selling gear, raids, tournaments, ships+rework, mods, a lot of chars (including a free one and all are available over time) + reworks, bugfixing, qol improvements, different GA/TW's and till now 2 TB scenarios.

Not everything worked well but at least it was or is still available.
    I'm also sure that they still have a lot of ideas for upcoming things and they also have to earn enough money for the studio, ea and disney to keep this project alive.

Hopefully this post will find it's way to the people behind this game because nearly my whole guild is still happy to have so ething like this.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    I keep seeing some players saying that oh they will be good to use in TW or GA...don’t you guys have teams already to use in those game modes that are better...YES, so no I’m not excited for those 3 getting reworked

Everyone is so self centered. Not every rework / release / new content is meant for everyone. So it makes complete sense that some people will make very good use out of them. The game can’t do anything and make everyone happy