The ability to speak does not make one intelligent

2Next

Replies

• Javin37
    367 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    They are clearly saying it will not be rock paper scissors, so anyone expecting that will be let down, not matter what happens.

What's hard about this? They said they wanted to get to rock-paper-scissors. They were then pointing in a good direction to achieve this and making progress.

They then killed it.

They did NOT say that, they actually said it will not be a true rock paper scissors meta.

LOL.

It's fascinating no matter how many times I've seen this.

They read into it how they wanted to and then they tell you what the actual post really meant.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »
    They are clearly saying it will not be rock paper scissors, so anyone expecting that will be let down, not matter what happens.

What's hard about this? They said they wanted to get to rock-paper-scissors. They were then pointing in a good direction to achieve this and making progress.

They then killed it.

They did NOT say that, they actually said it will not be a true rock paper scissors meta.

LOL.

They read into it how they wanted to and then they tell you what the actual post really meant.

They basically said "A balanced arena is a wonderful thing and we will try to give it to you, except we aren't saying when and also maybe not at all." It's such an obvious PR talk meant to appease the masses without any real promise that it's a bit surprising that anyone takes it seriously.
  • Nauros wrote: »

They then killed it.

LOL.

They basically said "A balanced arena is a wonderful thing and we will try to give it to you, except we aren't saying when and also maybe not at all." It's such an obvious PR talk meant to appease the masses without any real promise that it's a bit surprising that anyone takes it seriously.

When they said they want s diverse meta in the future and it will take time. I see it as 3+ months when the next meta comes out we wil have 3 teams aka only paywall teams will be meta from now on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

They then killed it.

LOL.

When they said they want s diverse meta in the future and it will take time. I see it as 3+ months when the next meta comes out we wil have 3 teams aka only paywall teams will be meta from now on

They also said that it won't be a "true r-p-s meta", which can mean anything. and given what the meta usually looks like here...

They then killed it.

LOL.

They also said that it won't be a "true r-p-s meta", which can mean anything. and given what the meta usually looks like here...

Yes they did so could mean 2 teams not 3 or wont be a true could refear to lack of choices or all teams "their meta" teams wont be equal
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

They then killed it.

LOL.

By then will revan really still be considered a paywall team?

And around that time we will see DR again too.

I really just take that to mean, it wont always be more than 2, but they will always strive to make it at least 2.
  • Kyno wrote: »

They then killed it.

LOL.

I really just take that to mean, it wont always be more than 2, but they will always strive to make it at least 2.

Ok maybe pawall teams and last couple paywalls teams then

They then killed it.

LOL.

But paywall teams will not really paywall teams after one or two go arounds...see JKR.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »

They then killed it.

LOL.

But paywall teams will not really paywall teams after one or two go arounds...see JKR.

In theory, they could release multiple teams around the same time that are difficult to obtain in different ways. Say team one is the latest journey/whatever, team two is the latest raid reward, and team three is only viable with recently released marquees at 7*. Doing this could allow for something akin to rock-paper-scissors without making people feel like it’s a waste to spend resources on newer characters due to them being easily beatable by old ones.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

This is one of the reasons why i'm always suprised that "communication" i such a hot topic on this forum.
    • if they don't say "they're going to screw us over": booo lack of communication
    • if they give is the PR talk about what their goals are while they're not exactly the same as their actions: booo they're lying to us
    • if they tell is exactly what they're going to do even if that "screws us over: boooo you're not listening to your playerbase
    All 3 scenarios people are talking about the "communication" while the thing that really bothers the playerbase is their actions. Why on earth is communcation such a hot topic?!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member

They then killed it.

LOL.

Agreed. It's amazing how many people are doing it.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

They then killed it.

LOL.

Diverse metas don't make money...not sure why you think we will have a big flowers and unicorns everyone can win by switching to the right team meta.... they can say what they want.....never happening every again except in weekly spurts while they fix and tune things to be close to unbeatable without the mirror
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

They then killed it.

LOL.

By the time they are the last couple, they are not behind a paywall, if they ever were.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dk_rek wrote: »

They then killed it.

LOL.

Diverse metas don't make money...not sure why you think we will have a big flowers and unicorns everyone can win by switching to the right team meta.... they can say what they want.....never happening every again except in weekly spurts while they fix and tune things to be close to unbeatable without the mirror

Depends on your definition of diverse meta. (Its an oxymoron)

I think have 2 teams but but each team have a core 3, and several variations on the last 2 is very diverse. Honestly even 1 team with a core 2-3 and several variations of the remaining members would be great.

In a game with over 170 toons, fighting the same team with a possible 1-2 variants of 1 toon is lame.
  • leef wrote: »

This is one of the reasons why i'm always suprised that "communication" i such a hot topic on this forum.
    • if they don't say "they're going to screw us over": booo lack of communication
    • if they give is the PR talk about what their goals are while they're not exactly the same as their actions: booo they're lying to us
    • if they tell is exactly what they're going to do even if that "screws us over: boooo you're not listening to your playerbase
    All 3 scenarios people are talking about the "communication" while the thing that really bothers the playerbase is their actions. Why on earth is communcation such a hot topic?!

Because not many people can have a "rational" discussion without throwing CG under the bus. I'm all for praising when it's deserved. But on the flip side I don't mind expressing my opinion when I think it's a cluster-kitten of a decision. Remember the whole blitzkrieg of "communication" from the Devs when people were up in arms about JTR nerf, Sith raid rewards, etc. last year? Fast forward to this year and they're right back in the same boat. I get it. They aren't going to make everyone happy. They would be foolish to try. But if the true goal is to "communicate" they are so hit and miss I understand the quick with the pitchforks vibe that is rampant all over this place. Me personally my game play became stress free in December 2018. I farm what I want and I don't go chasing the carrot. It's made my journey here a lot less stressful.

SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
    Yea every team is beatable by a team or 2 atleast not including mirror matches

Give me 2 non-mirror teams that reliably beat well modded, full G12 DR team with Malak, I'm listening. If you could accompany it with some proof and not just guesswork, that would be great.

https://youtu.be/LE8wfjTegg0

https://youtu.be/yxbcJD3g_yk

And could use a dr team without malaks (technically not a mirror cause no malak)

No proof but heard jango lead bh can also win

That team has a 40% chance of guaranteed loss because if Malak hits either of 2 characters with shock it's game over. To say nothing of any other battle RNG.

They then killed it.

LOL.

I agree with your reply there, I was about to say something as well. Paywall is only first time around. Second time maybe a stretch for the less prepared. I will have DR next time easily, and I should get Malak as well. I have JKR, CLS, JTR, BH, etc., so as long as something else can beat whatever the next powerhouse toon is, I should still be able to break in. Right now I'm not seeing any squads with more than a 60% win rate on offense against Malak, although I've heard CW reworks just made Jedi viable, so that will be interesting. Even though I definitely don't have that team ready, if it really works, I'm content with that.