Malak changes are live!

So the changes are live, but you don't have the decency to inform your players about it? What does it cost a single message of just a few words letting your players know that these changes are now working? So unprofessional...

Replies

• The Malak change is in the update notes. Take the time to read them, and maybe you won't embarrass yourself. Not everything is a conspiracy. Relax and play the game or quit.
  • B0baf3tt
    182 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Should have been noted in game that the ability was changed as 90% of people dont check the forums.
  • Malak is OP now
  • B0baf3tt wrote: »
    Should have been noted in game that the ability was changed as 90% of people dont check the forums.

Yet he posted on the forums....
  • Its a kit rework. Knowing the rework was applied is important in game. Patch notes are for bugs and fixes like dbasti using her wild lightening first or making abilities work properly as described.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    Its a kit rework. Knowing the rework was applied is important in game. Patch notes are for bugs and fixes like dbasti using her wild lightening first or making abilities work properly as described.

It was in the Game Update, the same Game Update that listed the jedi reworks went live. Game Updates are where they always put this information.
  • The Malak change is in the update notes. Take the time to read them, and maybe you won't embarrass yourself. Not everything is a conspiracy. Relax and play the game or quit.

I actually read the notes within minutes of them being posted and am about 90% sure they didn't mention the Malak changes at that time (I recall being surprised they weren't in there as it was said to be in the next update). If you go to the dev post it does show that the post was edited about 20 mins after being posted. So it's entirely possible he read the original notes, went in game to play, saw the changes were live, then came here to rant without re-reading the notes.

I just don't want the poor OP to think he is losing his mind :)
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Prosser wrote: »
    The Malak change is in the update notes. Take the time to read them, and maybe you won't embarrass yourself. Not everything is a conspiracy. Relax and play the game or quit.

I actually read the notes within minutes of them being posted and am about 90% sure they didn't mention the Malak changes at that time (I recall being surprised they weren't in there as it was said to be in the next update). If you go to the dev post it does show that the post was edited about 20 mins after being posted. So it's entirely possible he read the original notes, went in game to play, saw the changes were live, then came here to rant without re-reading the notes.

Come on, let's get nuts!
  • Prosser wrote: »
    The Malak change is in the update notes. Take the time to read them, and maybe you won't embarrass yourself. Not everything is a conspiracy. Relax and play the game or quit.

I actually did the same thing (reading the notes immediately without the change and then being surprised to see Malak edited in). I normally don't reply on the forums but this place and Reddit have just been a non-stop bash-fest of everything this game has done lately and we don't need people jumping on false information like this too.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Tecguy122 wrote: »
    I came to the forums to communicate my displeasure about them not putting a single message, on such an important matter. Other times they have even let the players know that there will be problems during an update and warn us. I'm not checking the forums 24/7, the game already asks too much of my time.

Just say no! You dont need to check the forums 24/7. Usually right around 5pm PST is when they post things. It's a good idea to check, you would have seen that they were going to update malak in the next update on Monday. So you just would have known.
  • Tecguy122 wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    I came to the forums to communicate my displeasure about them not putting a single message, on such an important matter. Other times they have even let the players know that there will be problems during an update and warn us. I'm not checking the forums 24/7, the game already asks too much of my time.

Just say no! You dont need to check the forums 24/7. Usually right around 5pm PST is when they post things. It's a good idea to check, you would have seen that they were going to update malak in the next update on Monday. So you just would have known.

I knew the change was coming. As a professional courtesy, they could have added a message inviting you to the patch notes, along with all those packages they want to sell.

The standard "Update is coming around this time" pop up went out in game an hour before the update as it has for the past couple months. And it invited you to visit the forums to see the patch notes. What more do you want?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

I knew the change was coming. As a professional courtesy, they could have added a message inviting you to the patch notes, along with all those packages they want to sell.

Very rarely do they do that, although there was an email about the update so that should have been a clue to check.

Anywho, I know you want see any side but your own so we will agree to disagree.

And yes they do manage to create ads for ways to make money. How absolutely horrific of a company.
  • I’m sure glad they posted the Malak change during the GA championship round while allowing the effect to update to a “locked” roster. Very nice Indeed.

• Star wars: galaxy of speed

If your Darth Revan and Darth Bastila go first you win
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Star wars: galaxy of speed

just like the old poe days.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »

just like the old poe days.

Just like every day since mods
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

nope. still winning and not the fastest.
  • Tautas
    87 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    3447qlg1ctah.gif
    Ja, just tested sith assasin not working. Just lost one good costumer.
    Post edited by Tautas on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Malak is OP now

But just a few days ago we heard about goals of variety and balance....Carrie wouldn't lie to us, would she?? :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    This isn’t balance this is just stupid OP.
  • Worst change since long!
    ...why?

You take out any of your so called "diversity" now all malaks are more or less bound to Trooper. Same goes for JKR buffs to Bastila...you take off all the jango, gg and other "offside" teams.

You built in a huge hole with the DR gaining ultra high debuff stacks (vader, boba, genosian scout) and now you fully take off the one debuff gaining leadership and all fellow sith (including own faction).

Just clarify please why the newest meta is easy doable by JKR?
    Why is the villains journey character Darth Revan basically worse than JKR?
    Why is DR mirrors are terrible, but the so called anti group (watch HK's kit) basically outplays them and got buffed again...

Easy fixes:
    Reduce stack sizes to 1 from 5 (increase stats by 5), lets skip the extra 1-2 stacks you gain via debuff mechanic
    Increase defense vs Jedi and let DR be immune to Marked
    Cap the emperors shock TM gain to 2 opponents maximum

Voila diversity...better than to paddle your customers who invested in your developers advise and geared up assassin and marauder
  • Positive note. Speed doesn’t seem to be a big deal. I fought the big dog modded guy in a mirror a few times with my malak Darth Revan vs his malak team and I won easily. Every character faster than mine.
  • XKurareX wrote: »
    Voila diversity...better than to paddle your customers who invested in your developers advise and geared up assassin and marauder

When did they advise anyone to do that?

Why didn't people wait and see how it played first?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Malak is OP now

But just a few days ago we heard about goals of variety and balance....Carrie wouldn't lie to us, would she?? :'(

She certainly didn't lie in that tweet where she said that she expects us to spend thousands of dollars...
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    If your D.Revan is slower and/or you dont have Malak put in Thrawn and a pretaunting Tank.
    SiT is perfect but Shore or even L3 will work too.
    Make your Badstila as fast as possible. She must be faster that the enemy Badstila but slower then your Thrawn and D.Revan.

My Drevan runs at 301 Speed, Thrawn at 299, Badstilla at 295, HK at 228 and L3 at 195.
    Let the enemy D.Revan fear your Tank and D.Revan. Use GA-Command on your D.Revan and use the AOE Shock, to boost Badstila an HK, so the whole enemy team will be crippled by corrupted battle meditation.

Let Badstila spread some fear and more debuffs and then HKs AOE will mostly wipe out the enemy team.

ijzbmgkxh7i0.png