Upcoming Change to Darth Malak [MERGE]

Replies

• Dear CG,
    When Darth Revan was released you promoted the synergy with Sith Assassine... so I decided to go all in and bought all five G12+ pieces for her. A very short periode later you released a new character „Darth Malak , which is absolutely mandatory for a working Darth Revan Team, who makes Sith Assasine useless. I think many players, who geared her up, feel the same way... I kindly ask you to remove the 5 gear pieces from Sith Assassine and send them back to my ingame-inbox!
  • I would be fine with this. Anybody who geared up SA between DR's and Malak's release get their g12 items removed and returned to them. I feel SA would have to remain g12 (probably too complicated to revert back to previous gear tiers) but at least those g12 pieces that were equipped in that time frame can be refunded.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    She still works just fine against teams without Malak, right? Which is 98% of the teams in the game?

Or, just refund everyone for EP, Vader, Maul and DN, since they were all hurt too.

Sorry, not feeling this refund talk.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Having a Malak in your own team does not prevent your Sith Assassin from gaining turn meter. Her utility is only diminished when you attack teams that have an opposing Malak.

Don't get surprised if this thread "disappears" and gets bundled into one of the other threads already discussing this exact topic.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    She still works just fine against teams without Malak, right? Which is 98% of the teams in the game?

Or, just refund everyone for EP, Vader, Maul and DN, since they were all hurt too.

Sorry, not feeling this refund talk.

EP, Vader, Maul and DN haven‘t been promoted to strengthen the Darth Revan Team. That‘s a huge difference. Many people geared her up according to this advertisement. Teams without Malak won‘t exist in the next couple of days in my shard... so who cares about the 98% of the possible non-meta teams?
  • Bendur
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Here's a fix. It will still allow EP to win (probably), but not every time, and not as decisive as it is right now. With the added benefit of being awesome at the same time. Oh and it'll make killing GMYoda and friends better as well.

"Sith empire allies gain 50% of bonus turn meter gained by all enemies (excluding sith empire and raid bosses)"

And excluding sith empire is important to not make mirror matches even dumber than they already are.
  • Shame on you Crumb and EA
    "May the Force be with Me" ~~~~ Sun ZoeZoe the Bug
  • Decay
    108 posts Member
    @cg_crumb

You have received your last dollar from me - this continued we want a diversified Meta then shutdown any theory crafting is borderline fraud - Debating about asking for refunds on all purchases.

• Nose
    19 posts Member
    This game is dead to me as far as paying into it. I’ll enjoy my Malak, but I’m No longer spending a dime. Given the community outcry, CG/EA are cowards for not addressing the concerns over this nerf before implementing it. Good luck next quarter.
  • When's this going live?

Can't wait for the correction to the silly EP cheese teams..
  • @CG_SBCrumb You at least pretended to care when you nerfed Finn into oblivion but you/the CG gang just ignored this entire thread and have not re-imbursed anyone for characters that people spent gear/zetas on.

I mean customer service has been bad in general tbh, no re-reimbursement for the disaster that was last TW, no reimbursement for multiple botched platoons and now this.

If the game is collapsing in on itself despite the revenue intake this year, people deserve notice. The team as a whole has never behaved like this in the years that they've been running/designing this game.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb You at least pretended to care when you nerfed Finn into oblivion but you/the CG gang just ignored this entire thread and have not re-imbursed anyone for characters that people spent gear/zetas on.
    They never refunded gear, and what zeta do you expect them to refund. Stop being unreasonable
  • Ultra wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb You at least pretended to care when you nerfed Finn into oblivion but you/the CG gang just ignored this entire thread and have not re-imbursed anyone for characters that people spent gear/zetas on.
    They never refunded gear, and what zeta do you expect them to refund. Stop being unreasonable

Did I ask for gear??? Or zetas??? People who did not have Dre or Malak invested in the Triumvirate/Bad Bast/Palp/Sith Assassin to counter Malak because those were the best characters to counter him.

And fine, "reimbursed" isnt the word to use and I'm sorry it offended you. Compensation is the word to use. People invested in counters because of how difficult Malak is to beat in mirror matches with less speed or other teams.

CG used to at least give crystals all of the time when they constantly did something shady/unethical/genuine mistakes, but it has completely stopped in the last few months.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Grand Arena locks the status of toons (ability levels, gear, mods) not the kit itself. They can't pause the game for an entire week while Grand Arena is ongoing
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Did I ask for gear??? Or zetas??? People who did not have Dre or Malak invested in the Triumvirate/Bad Bast/Palp/Sith Assassin to counter Malak because those were the best characters to counter him.

And fine, "reimbursed" isnt the word to use and I'm sorry it offended you. Compensation is the word to use. People invested in counters because of how difficult Malak is to beat in mirror matches with less speed or other teams.

CG used to at least give crystals all of the time when they constantly did something shady/unethical/genuine mistakes, but it has completely stopped in the last few months.

It’s happened many times before. I don’t see why anyone didn’t expect this. They stated that they were giving DM a buff because he was unexpectedly easily countered by Palp. The people who spent a lot of money on DM could say the same thing before the buff; CG just made their large investment worth it.
  • Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Reasonably speaking...Bastila fallen is the newest one you mentioned. Many people worked her up to go along with Traya. EP is old. People worked that up when it was meta a year ago. Triumvirate? Same thing. Sass? I had her g11 when zeta maul ruled the arena.

In order for that to even be considered you have to convince them you only just worked on these characters after Malak.

And from someone who rushed to work on 2 jawas and nute to 7 a long time ago only to have them in time for a fix that made them useless I can tell you they aren't even going to consider it.

• Ultra wrote: »
    Grand Arena locks the status of toons (ability levels, gear, mods) not the kit itself. They can't pause the game for an entire week while Grand Arena is ongoing

The update applies to grand arena now? Sweet...
  • this is an awful meta/mirror. purely boiling down to who has +1 speed, which is pure RNG acquisition over years of efforts. CBM is disgusting. more so than giving JKR mark and allowing GMY and GK to work under JKR. its just not fun or good for the game. you are killing this game with this stupid design. the whales do not like it, so you're **** off your meal ticket.
  • @CG_Carrie I’d like to see your reaction to the reddit thread about your tweets of frustration.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bebgo9/carrie_voices_her_frustrations_with_the_community/

There are some legitimate complaints being lodged by players of all types and I want to be fair and give you the chance to respond. I’d really appreciate your input or feedback. Cheers.

This needs its own post and an excellent question
  • @CG_Carrie I’d like to see your reaction to the reddit thread about your tweets of frustration.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bebgo9/carrie_voices_her_frustrations_with_the_community/

There are some legitimate complaints being lodged by players of all types and I want to be fair and give you the chance to respond. I’d really appreciate your input or feedback. Cheers.

Feel free to if you think it’s a good post for general discussion

Last time I did something like that I got a warning and temp ban on the forums. Besides, it will just get deleted anyhow. So, nevermind. But great question regardless and props to you for posting it.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @CG_Carrie I’d like to see your reaction to the reddit thread about your tweets of frustration.

@CG_Carrie : I didnt want to post the whole thing here, but this is my constructive response to her comment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/beiern/a_truly_constructive_response_to_ea_carrie_s_tweet/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
    Post edited by Ninjah9 on
  • Great idea to push the rework during the ga...
    My rival beat my malak team before the rework, how am I supposed to beat his team now after the rework?
    This is giving huge advantage to him and it's completely unfair.
  • Nose wrote: »
    This game is dead to me as far as paying into it. I’ll enjoy my Malak, but I’m No longer spending a dime. Given the community outcry, CG/EA are cowards for not addressing the concerns over this nerf before implementing it. Good luck next quarter.

I hope their next quarter profits will be lowest it’s ever been since the games release. I’ll enjoy my malek I got but I’m not gonna soon forget all the **** and hassle it took to get JKR/DR/Malek or the constant new released toons that beat every single team on my roster, nor will I forget the constant complex kits that keep coming out one after the other. This game has changed for the worse in my opinion.

I’ve spent my fair share of money in the past(that I now sadly regret and have accepted) but moving forward they won’t sqeeze a single cent from my wallet from now on.

As far as paying for anything...this game is dead to me.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I don't understand why people here are lambasting Crumb. He's the community manager. He is the "messenger" if you will - but he didn't design Malak, set the event timings, or decide on how to rework Malak. He gets to be the voice to try and let us know what those changes are, and interact with us.

The phrase "don't shoot the messenger" comes to mind.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people here are lambasting Crumb. He's the community manager. He is the "messenger" if you will - but he didn't design Malak, set the event timings, or decide on how to rework Malak. He gets to be the voice to try and let us know what those changes are, and interact with us.

The phrase "don't shoot the messenger" comes to mind.

What?! I thought Crumb ran the whole game...