Kit Rework: Ahsoka Tano

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    @Nihion Could I trouble you to tell me how you get the damge number screen? It it a screen cap from a video or is there some screenshot tool that I am not aware of?

Did I post a screenshot? I don’t know if I ever have, lol. I think there’s a coding for it, or a add picture option.

@Nihion oops you quoted one. Sorry. ;)

No problem! I’m sure someone here has an answer.
  • After the rework, which characters would be best for the 4th and 5th slot?

I don't know if it's the ideal team, but I'm having a blast in GW right now with GK, Ahsoka, Anakin, GMY and R2. Since Ahsoka's special is a team heal, it turns into a mass assist under GK lead. Theoretically, she should attack 3 times and the entire team should assist every time :smiley: But I've yet to find a GW opponent who survives the first attack with her special. It's one hell of a team for a non-JKR, non-Bastila Jedi squad. Two mass assists and two AOEs.

I don't know if it's the ideal team, but I'm having a blast in GW right now with GK, Ahsoka, Anakin, GMY and R2. Since Ahsoka's special is a team heal, it turns into a mass assist under GK lead. Theoretically, she should attack 3 times and the entire team should assist every time :smiley: But I've yet to find a GW opponent who survives the first attack with her special. It's one hell of a team for a non-JKR, non-Bastila Jedi squad. Two mass assists and two AOEs.

I think in GA I’ll be running Barriss + C3PO, so I can save R2D2 and Yoda for other teams.

I think in GA I’ll be running Barriss + C3PO, so I can save R2D2 and Yoda for other teams.

Yeah, GMY is underutilized on this team since he has no buffs to spread. It would be a waste not to pair him with Bastila. I have yet to farm Barriss, but I can put Qui-Gon in for GMY. He led my arena team until I was able to farm Bastila and it's great having a use for him again.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Ah guys, remember Jedi was made relevant thanks to Bast, and then JKR.

Both their leads are still required for Jedis to do something. Galactic rep does not have a good Jedi Leader buffing the jedi enough.

That's why Bast and then JKR's leads are so insane, remember. Jedi used to be terrible, and would still be terrible without those 2 leads.

Ahsoka under Bast, I've seen her special hitting for over 100k already. Though really, I don't have JKR yet, soon as I do, GK will always be with JKR, because there is no replacement.

Same as GMY will always be with JKR, effectively neutering any GR team.

If you use JKR on offense in GA, you can swap GK out for Plo Koon. The TM boost from his second special might give you an edge in a mirror match. OB and Kanan also work reasonably well. Maybe even better depending on your opponent. Against a zzBossk lead, I'd rather bring OB to prevent taunt with ability block.
  • Bastila vs Bastila matches just became a lot more fun too. Not really better than my usual arena team with zEzra and OB, but it's so satisfying to dispel taunt with Ahsoka and use Anakin to slap Jolee with buff and healing immunity.

ids7sas2zhvd.png
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    I like this. Ahsoka was even bad for a filler, now she looks like a fine pick for lesser tasks.

What are you saying ? Ahsoka was one of the best jedis and now she is totally useless without kenobi and anakin, and in the road ahead they say they want to respect past investments...

7srlxdfm25ew.jpg
    Now I will just have to carry 20 000 useless galactic power through all GAs, and my jedi squad doesnt exist anymore

The dispel on basic makes her a lot more valuable imho. Her special is the same as before if you're not running her with GK and Anakin. The only downgrade is to her speed (unless you have Anakin on the team, in which case she's faster than before). But speed is easy enough to get up. Add a mere +70 with mods and she's at 200 with her minimum +25 bonus.
  • Thank you for the rework! However, why is she so slow?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Thank you for the rework! However, why is she so slow?

She's always been slow, was hoping they would up her speed actually.
    Gorem wrote: »

Both their leads are still required for Jedis to do something. Galactic rep does not have a good Jedi Leader buffing the jedi enough.

That's why Bast and then JKR's leads are so insane, remember. Jedi used to be terrible, and would still be terrible without those 2 leads.

Ahsoka under Bast, I've seen her special hitting for over 100k already. Though really, I don't have JKR yet, soon as I do, GK will always be with JKR, because there is no replacement.

If you use JKR on offense in GA, you can swap GK out for Plo Koon. The TM boost from his second special might give you an edge in a mirror match. OB and Kanan also work reasonably well. Maybe even better depending on your opponent. Against a zzBossk lead, I'd rather bring OB to prevent taunt with ability block.

Yeah, and be prepared to fall fast and lose often.

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    I am thinking about putting 4 speed mods on her. otherwise she is slow as a snail. :D
  • Has anyone ever found a use to run her as a nightsister lead? ASAJJ and the Mother seem too good not to use one of them always...
  • Gorem wrote: »

She's always been slow, was hoping they would up her speed actually.
    Gorem wrote: »

Yeah, and be prepared to fall fast and lose often.

Note the words "GA" and "on offense".
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    I like this. Ahsoka was even bad for a filler, now she looks like a fine pick for lesser tasks.

What are you saying ? Ahsoka was one of the best jedis and now she is totally useless without kenobi and anakin, and in the road ahead they say they want to respect past investments...

7srlxdfm25ew.jpg
    Now I will just have to carry 20 000 useless galactic power through all GAs, and my jedi squad doesnt exist anymore

She lost the heal on the basic but got the ability to clear buffs off the enemy and clense debuffs on herself and another her special still heals but can hit more times if with anakin/gk probably will hit just as hard so only a buff and dont forget the 20% protection up also now. Her unique is way better now she gets guaranteed buffs and are higher with crit immunity instead of starting off snd getting crited and loosing the buffs she dosent loose them now so its better yes needs anakin so what mskes since just get ur anakin up and ur good

Her basic heal was really great. I will really miss that.
    And she is totally useless without anakin, cause she only gets crit immune with anakin on the team

Well the nice thing (besides the fact that she got other goodies on basic) is her 35% health steal which will heal her a ton since she is being given the ability to do constant free assists.

Also, didn't she only get crit immunity with Anakin before? That hasn't changed. What has changed is that if she was critically hit a few times before she lost all her bonuses. Now she will never get to a point where she's missing all of them, she can have actually better bonuses, and was even given a new one... in addition to the massive annihilate special attack she now has.

She's going to be 5 times the damage dealer compared to the trash she was before. I have had her at gear 11 for about 2 years and literally haven't used her for more than a year. Not even once. Despite the fact that she's one of my favorite SW characters. I'm hyped she won't be worthless anymore.

r7ltudulcn20.png

This disagrees with you. They gave a hefty nerf to her damage multipliers and her basic hits like a wet noodle now (pre rework I would see hits on basic upwards of 50k once all the buffs start flowing)
  • Darth_DeVito
    1232 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Javabeeker wrote: »
    Has anyone ever found a use to run her as a nightsister lead? ASAJJ and the Mother seem too good not to use one of them always...

Only in TW. I had Daka and Zombie above 6k GP before the others, so I put them with Ahsoka, Anakin and Qui-Gon. Better than Mace and Consular :)
  • Nauros wrote: »
    magic_ wrote: »
    How is the rework making her less fun? she'll be way more fun now. Also if you are worried about a wasted whopping gear 8 investment, you are playing the wrong game.

I am not worried about my g8 investment, for I have been playing the game for like 6 months and have my rex at gear 9, and a bunch of other gear 8s. I am worried that one of my favorite toons is getting nerfed by CG and no one will address it...

In case you are actually serious, no, she isn't getting nerfed. Dispel on basic that goes through foresight is huge, and if you combine it with the assist, it means that no buffs will ever stay on the enemies. That's worth it over some measly heal.
    And she won't get countered on assist. They removed that ages ago.

I’m disappointed that she lost the heal, but that’s whatever cause she gained a nice cleanse. I am upset though because they gave a strong nerf to her damage multipliers so she hits like a wet noodle now, even with good buffs like offense up on her
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

With her zeta and crit immunity from Anakin she is actually really fast. I dont have exact number but I think someone said 165 or so? One of the faster characters.

And whoever is worrying about her damage numbers, Ive seen videos of her hitting 2x40k and 3x25k with her special. So looks like it is possible for her to get 100k hits... Dont recall exactly but I think that was under a Kenobi lead that has no offense bonus.

Too early to tell how good she will be but under QGJ or another offensive based lead, even cutting those numbers in half, she can probably put out some hurt.
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    So I was really excited about the Ahsoka rework. The kit looks great, she looked like she could become a great attacker.

Then the rework lands and the damage numbers have gone down alot on her basic and dramatically on her basic. It's not like she was a juggernaut before.....

3600-4000 damage on a basic (swgoh.gg stats) what is this 2017?

4800-5300 on the special. Down from over 6-8k.

I know this special may hit three times but that makes it a mediocre hit for an attacker in this age of the game.

Just seems very disappointing
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I saw a video where she hit 3x25k and 2x40k with her special under a Kenobi lead, who gives no offensive bonus.

She's going to be fine.
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    Link please?
  • I quite like the rework, the lower damage on the basic doesn't bother me at all - she dispels buffs, possible cleanse and auto-hits enemies with foresight. She can thunk GMY all afternoon.

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them. On a critical hit, dispel all debuffs on Ahsoka and another random Galactic Republic ally. This attack can't be evaded if the target has Foresight.

For the Special, 5300 x3 is better than 8000 x1. Even if she misses once.

I don't really see what there is to complain about - Ahsoka is now a strong character (not top tier) instead of being irrelevant.
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    My complaint is she had the ability to become a very strong character and now she'll be better, maybe good but not as good as the rework initially implied.

3 x 8000 is more on par with the latest attackers and releases. 3 x 5300 is good but not great.

3 x 25k could be with offence up, 222% crit damage and stacked with offence v a low defence character.
  • For her special you shouldn't forget that, if the allied leader is galactic republic, It's damage is increased by 50%. This is a bonus effect while the numbers represent basic without this bonus. Combine that with the triple hit and this ability does hit like a truck.
    As for her basic. That does make sense to me. Dispels and Cleanses are already some of the most powerful mechanics in the game and, due to her zeta, she will use her basic a lot. Overall her damage has still increased because of this.
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    Good point! That takes it back to where it was; makes it more prescriptive as to the team comp but explains the base DPS drop.

Move along nothing to see here.......
  • Brown89 wrote: »
    Good point! That takes it back to where it was; makes it more prescriptive as to the team comp but explains the base DPS drop.

Move along nothing to see here.......

"This is not the discussion you are looking for"
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    For her special you shouldn't forget that, if the allied leader is galactic republic, It's damage is increased by 50%. This is a bonus effect while the numbers represent basic without this bonus. Combine that with the triple hit and this ability does hit like a truck.
    As for her basic. That does make sense to me. Dispels and Cleanses are already some of the most powerful mechanics in the game and, due to her zeta, she will use her basic a lot. Overall her damage has still increased because of this.

That's not how a "bonus" should work, though. It's more like a penalty for anyone running her without the other two and a GR leader.
    For her special you shouldn't forget that, if the allied leader is galactic republic, It's damage is increased by 50%. This is a bonus effect while the numbers represent basic without this bonus. Combine that with the triple hit and this ability does hit like a truck.

That's not how a "bonus" should work, though. It's more like a penalty for anyone running her without the other two and a GR leader.

Ah yes. Cause we definitely want a pretty powerful Jedi attacker and dispeller to be in a Jedi Knight Revan team.....
    Seriously. She was at her est with those 2 in the show as well. It makes perfect sense to me to d it this way.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Ah yes. Cause we definitely want a pretty powerful Jedi attacker and dispeller to be in a Jedi Knight Revan team.....
    Seriously. She was at her est with those 2 in the show as well. It makes perfect sense to me to d it this way.

An average attacker wouldn't make the cut for JKR teams and the dispel is only good to break mirrors, which is actually healthy for arena. No need to make her below-average because of that.

An average attacker wouldn't make the cut for JKR teams and the dispel is only good to break mirrors, which is actually healthy for arena. No need to make her below-average because of that.

Ummm. How do you mean "below-average". I repeat: Dispelling and cleansing are some of the most powerful mechanics in the game. Not to mention she has healing and Anti Foresight in her kit unaffected by the team. The only thing that really suffers are some bonus stats. I'd say without those she is pretty average and with those she is definitely above average.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Ummm. How do you mean "below-average". I repeat: Dispelling and cleansing are some of the most powerful mechanics in the game. Not to mention she has healing and Anti Foresight in her kit unaffected by the team. The only thing that really suffers are some bonus stats. I'd say without those she is pretty average and with those she is definitely above average.

Re-read this thread, please. It has been shown that her stats are below-average. Anti-foresight is very situational (either meant against something in the new TB or against a team that is old meta anyway) and so is dispel, albeit less so.
    It really boils down to whales vs. non-whales. Ashoka is a non-whale character, so she can't be allowed good stats, that's all there is to it.
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    HK-47 was a non-whale character and his new damage is really, really good (and yes I am ignoring the new special ability in this).
    Point being though, while Ahsoka has low damage on her abilities, it can very easily go above the previous threshold through simple buffs or leaderships. Add that to her assists and multi-attacks and she'll add it up.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif