Kit Rework: Ahsoka Tano

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    HK-47 was a non-whale character and his new damage is really, really good (and yes I am ignoring the new special ability in this).
    Point being though, while Ahsoka has low damage on her abilities, it can very easily go above the previous threshold through simple buffs or leaderships. Add that to her assists and multi-attacks and she'll add it up.

The difference between Ashoka and HK is that HK is only made viable by other paywalled characters. I thought it is an obvious one, apparently not.
  • Pals, Asoka and other Jedi rework was aimed only for new geonosian TB map! That extra protection bonuses from Anakin and Asoka made just for being able to survive multiple waves. So, stop complaining, for Geos Wars she will be ok. Don't even look on another game modes.
  • Her damage will now be comparable to Mace's. Her usefulness in a GMY GK JKA AT __ team will be much more.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    I like this. Ahsoka was even bad for a filler, now she looks like a fine pick for lesser tasks.

What are you saying ? Ahsoka was one of the best jedis and now she is totally useless without kenobi and anakin, and in the road ahead they say they want to respect past investments...

7srlxdfm25ew.jpg
    Now I will just have to carry 20 000 useless galactic power through all GAs, and my jedi squad doesnt exist anymore

She lost the heal on the basic but got the ability to clear buffs off the enemy and clense debuffs on herself and another her special still heals but can hit more times if with anakin/gk probably will hit just as hard so only a buff and dont forget the 20% protection up also now. Her unique is way better now she gets guaranteed buffs and are higher with crit immunity instead of starting off snd getting crited and loosing the buffs she dosent loose them now so its better yes needs anakin so what mskes since just get ur anakin up and ur good

Her basic heal was really great. I will really miss that.
    And she is totally useless without anakin, cause she only gets crit immune with anakin on the team

Well the nice thing (besides the fact that she got other goodies on basic) is her 35% health steal which will heal her a ton since she is being given the ability to do constant free assists.

Also, didn't she only get crit immunity with Anakin before? That hasn't changed. What has changed is that if she was critically hit a few times before she lost all her bonuses. Now she will never get to a point where she's missing all of them, she can have actually better bonuses, and was even given a new one... in addition to the massive annihilate special attack she now has.

She's going to be 5 times the damage dealer compared to the trash she was before. I have had her at gear 11 for about 2 years and literally haven't used her for more than a year. Not even once. Despite the fact that she's one of my favorite SW characters. I'm hyped she won't be worthless anymore.

r7ltudulcn20.png

This disagrees with you. They gave a hefty nerf to her damage multipliers and her basic hits like a wet noodle now (pre rework I would see hits on basic upwards of 50k once all the buffs start flowing)

Oh, interesting, so they cut her base damage numbers in half, and also I forgot that she also healed on her basic, so she's less tankier now. Cleanse is great, don't see why she couldn't have kept that heal.

You basically need to have GK/Anakin on the team with her, most likely be just Anakin since GK will be with JKR, maybe slot in Ashoka instead of Ezra in the other variation to have her with GK.

Gonna be hard to have her on a team with all three without neutering a part of your real broken jedi squad.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Javabeeker wrote: »
    Has anyone ever found a use to run her as a nightsister lead? ASAJJ and the Mother seem too good not to use one of them always...

I use her with Talia and Spirit in 3v3 GA, fun little team with lots of evades.
  • Daav44
    23 posts Member
    When I saw the kit reveal I was amazed. It was a very nice rework with some interesting mecanics. The update went live and I decided to see what Ahsoka was now capable of.

And she was hitting like a wet noodle, I mean, worse than before.

I decided to check the new Ahsoka's stats. And here is what happened :

-Damage on basic : before 5721-6323 ; after 3630-4012
    -Damage on special : before 8064-8912 ; after 4828-5336

I'm fine with the new special ability since GK or/and Anakin are likely to be there and double/triple the damage. But the damage on basic ? Are you kidding ? It's weaker than Jedi Consular's damage on basic !

I know, she will assist quite a lot in a full Galactic Republic team. But they could have reduced her damage on assists (or reduce her chance of assits) insdead of nerfing her basic ability damage. Now, if she is not in a full Galactic Republic team, she's nearly useless.

What are your thought about this rework, and the "adjustment" of her stats ?
  • I believe her (new) main task is the buff dispel on her basic crit. That’s invaluable to me. Mod for crit chance and speed. Her assists make the dispel even more formidable, especially against a Bastila/GMY team where ever 5 seconds the entire squad is buffed to the sky. Foresight could be a problem, but that depends if Ahsoka hits first or second on the double/triple assists.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Her special can hit for 75-100k.
  • She can smash CLS, Palpatine and can beat Drevan (watch McMole vid) with better speeds. Thats when she isn't with a full re-work squad (yoda lead, R2 and Jedi trio - missing likely Padme and Mace re-work)
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    VonZant wrote: »
    Her special can hit for 75-100k.
    Yep. The damage reduction is
    a much needed rebalancing or else she’d be doing twice that damage which would be insane and given how often she’ll be assisting.
  • Uh have you not seen the video of GK, GMY, Anakin and Ahsoka with BB-8 or R2 as a fifth destroying arena? Anakin hitting for 80k on basic.
  • Daav44
    23 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Uh have you not seen the video of GK, GMY, Anakin and Ahsoka with BB-8 or R2 as a fifth destroying arena? Anakin hitting for 80k on basic.

Yes, and it works thanks to Anakin, not Ahsoka. It works just as well without her (we see that in the video too).

I'm criticising the fact Ahsoka now need a super specific team to have some little use. And (at least for now) you have to cripple several top tier team to make that team.

I said already Ahsoka's special is fine.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Daav44 wrote: »
    Uh have you not seen the video of GK, GMY, Anakin and Ahsoka with BB-8 or R2 as a fifth destroying arena? Anakin hitting for 80k on basic.

Yes, and it works thanks to Anakin, not Ahsoka. It works just as well without her (we see that in the video too).

I'm criticising the fact Ahsoka now need a super specific team to have some little use. And (at least for now) you have to cripple several top tier team to make that team.

So you want every toon to be a great plug-and-play like Thrawn? It isn't ridiculous to make some toons super synergy-dependent.
  • Daav44
    23 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    So you want every toon to be a great plug-and-play like Thrawn? It isn't ridiculous to make some toons super synergy-dependent.

Obviously I don't ask a plug and play hero. But they could have at least let her somewhat useful in a random Jedi team, as she was before the rework.
  • I believe her (new) main task is the buff dispel on her basic crit. That’s invaluable to me. Mod for crit chance and speed. Her assists make the dispel even more formidable, especially against a Bastila/GMY team where ever 5 seconds the entire squad is buffed to the sky. Foresight could be a problem, but that depends if Ahsoka hits first or second on the double/triple assists.

She dispels on basic no matter what. She cleanses on a crit, for herself and a random ally. Still agree, very valuable.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    I had a jedi squad who relied on Ahsoka to deal the big damage: the other were supports, tanks or healers to help her attack and deal damage ; now I dont have squad anymore
  • I noticed this too but when we get the start of a faction rework you have to look at everything as "This probably means something is coming that would make this OP without a nerf"
  • Playing around in GW, node 9.
    Ahsoka opening with her special against Finn lead for 32krxPKZ8t.png
    Anakin following up with his AOEEPLbESo.png
    Ahosoka counter-attack (basic move) on Boba Fett for 13kVEPvJ7F.png
    Ahsoka basic hitting through Foresight for 10kwwl3fdt.png
    Ahsoka dropping the hated Count Dooku for 12kbdiy4kc.png

Seems pretty decent to me. My crew at g12.
  • I noticed this too but when we get the start of a faction rework you have to look at everything as "This probably means something is coming that would make this OP without a nerf"

I look at this rework as "looks like CG really wants us to run Ahsoka in Galactic Republic squads instead of JKR teams". Imagine the (completely justified) complaints from Darth Revan owners if the old meta were to get yet another boost.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Obviously I don't ask a plug and play hero. But they could have at least let her somewhat useful in a random Jedi team, as she was before the rework.

By random do you mean “Revan”?
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    I had a jedi squad who relied on Ahsoka to deal the big damage: the other were supports, tanks or healers to help her attack and deal damage ; now I dont have squad anymore

If you were relying on Ahsoka to be your damage dealer, then you put together a bad team composition. I get that you're not really even at mid-game content yet, but the team you showed in your screen shot was essentially garbage.

I get it, to an extent. When I first started I built and ran a Jedi team for a looong time mostly for nostalgia reasons. However, I was at least aware that a Qui-Gon, Luminara, Mace, Ahsoka and Anakin squad was not going to be very good.

Run what you want, but don't complain about how it's unfair that you can't be competitive while knowingly running a bad squad.

~Morningfrost
  • magic_ wrote: »
    magic_ wrote: »
    Its not a nerf shes getting way better

How? Her heal on her basic is getting taken away and only assists if you have a perfect team of 5, and if she assists then she will get counter attacked and just die faster. I don't understand why no one see's that now she is getting super vulnerable...

She can still heal with her special and already has pretty high health steal. Now she’s getting a cleanse on her basic, so losing the extra healing isn’t too bad. You can’t be counter attacked if called to assist, so no need to worry about that.

But, she assists on her basic, meaning that she removes the buffs and then someone like bobba fett can not execute and deal more damage. Most buffs on the other team don't really matter other than like advantage or occasionally defense up or foresight can be annoying so I'm not too worried about removing buffs. The heal on her basic was the main heal for my team in order to keep them alive against all of the vader leads in arena.

If you are bringing Ahsoka Tano against Zader teams in arena than that is not reflective of more than 5% of players
  • Nihion wrote: »

No. I mean ''random''.
  • Her average non-g12 gameplay can be seen here . That's against sion in p4 of t6 STR. All of those toons are modded behind yoda for around 170 speed 90-100 tenacity. Her crit chance and damage on my account should be much better, but not only was she last person standing but she helped on offense. For an auto played run I would say she is much better.
    br85sbkq4ebo.png
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

No. I mean ''random''.

It was more of a joke, because if you’re using Ahsoka on a Revan team, then you’re doing something wrong.
  • Is anyone gonna discuss their ideal mod setup for the Ahsoka rework so we can actually have some useful information or.....?
  • Is anyone gonna discuss their ideal mod setup for the Ahsoka rework so we can actually have some useful information or.....?

I’m trying to mod mine for CC and health, with as many offense and speed secondaries as I can get.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Her average non-g12 gameplay can be seen here . That's against sion in p4 of t6 STR. All of those toons are modded behind yoda for around 170 speed 90-100 tenacity. Her crit chance and damage on my account should be much better, but not only was she last person standing but she helped on offense. For an auto played run I would say she is much better.
    br85sbkq4ebo.png

With her nerfed damage she does 0 damage unless she is on a team with GK and Anakin. She has to be with at least one of them to be able to do any damage at all now. I could easily do 2 million damage with her before this change.

Also, one of the major complaints pre-Bast era was all Jedi were terrible and did no damage, this led to a GMY change which of course, was not good enough until Bast came along with massive offence lead buffs and lots of buffs for Yoda to spread, and then came JKR with a broken lead and 2 unique's that are basically leads.

When you see a damage nerf to her Basic, it really means that her basic hits for nothing now, even with the better leads we have now as compared to before. They gutted her basic's damage and healing ability. All she does now is cleanse and strip buffs, that's it.

Unless you use her special with the other 2 on the team, then at least she can do something.

She is now a useless character on a team that doesn't contain at least one of those 2.