BAD changes & designs are ruining the experience....

I've given EA about $60-$80 over the last two years cause I love the game. I'm 1.7m power, and I'm enjoying it less and less, because of constant changes that are ruining it making it dumb.....

Farming. Dropping the daily farm limit from 8 to 5 is so FRUSTRATING!! 4 days in a row I have got 0, yes, ZERO shards for both Bossk or Hound's tooth..... At this pace, I might get a 7 star ship and Bossk, hum... Christmas 2021. Really, 30 attempt in the last 6 days, received 2 Bossk Shards and 2 for HT.

• Hound's Tooth - .... I'm farming it because I HAVE TO, not cause I want it. Nearly every opponent team in my ship arena has Hound's Tooth, and I literally cannot beat any of them. My main fleet squad is 340k, and it looses to any square with a 5 star Hound's Tooth or above. Yes, I've researched solutions, posted, read forums, chatted, followed advice, used Vader, Cassian's U-Wing, Tie Fighter, etc..... nothing matters, Hound's Tooth literally wastes every turn I get, because I can't do anything but shoot something that cannot be hurt.... how dumb!!! I mean, really DUMB!! Exponential defense? DUMB.... Don't even get me started with HMF!

• Character changes, nerfs and such, AFTER people have spent serious time and money to build up their favorite team. I don't mind the resent Ahsoka or Gen.K. changes, but man, they keep changing toons. Some of those changes are good, but some totally ruin things. Finn change, D.Malak change, etc.... how can you have any consistency when things get changed over and over.... I'm tired of spending 6 months to build up a few teams, to watch one new marquee event nullify all that time, effort or money.... Palp is my only quality dark side team, and Malak's change just said "you lose".

Anyway, I'm not asking for F2P, I will happily give money.... but these are just a few of the really bad changes that are just bad, bad, bad, and ... bad! The game experience is getting ruined....

Replies

• RevanRevanMalak
    41 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    i think they tuned down the droprate as well smth. after the announcment i got with around 600 energy investment smth like 3/4 hero shards several days in a row.
    Post edited by RevanRevanMalak on
  • joelgs23 wrote: »
    • Hound's Tooth - .... I'm farming it because I HAVE TO, not cause I want it...

Yeah, but you don't HAVE TO, do you :)

You have a choice.

• Its only going to get crazier
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    joelgs23 wrote: »

You have a choice.

Eh, I'd normally agree with this, but not here. If you want to even sort of compete in fleet, HT is currently a requirement. No other ship tanks even half as well as it does. If you don't have it you might as well hang a "FREE WINS HERE" sign on your back.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Eh, I'd normally agree with this, but not here. If you want to even sort of compete in fleet...

Proved the point I was trying to make...it's a case of wanting to, not having to.

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I agree on Hounds Tooth and this is coming from someone who uses it and gets first every day. Ships are just in a very poor state of balance right now in my opinion. You can also just try to ignore it and then blast it with the capital ultimate. It is a slow ship and if you cleanse the breach thenitcwill be quite a while before he taunts again. For hard nodes I like to refresh once a day so that speeds things up a bit, and you can also buy the shards in shipments so there are ways to make it faster. I do wish they still used stores for characters to give farming some variety but it is what it is, and I agree that a hard node takes way too long to farm at 5 attempts a day.

Do not agree with Malak changes to counter Palpatine. Jedi Revan can still win so there are options and more teams in the future will come along. Also disagree on Finn. He could cheesy teams too easily before with the expose train a mb d beat teams that far out geared him. He also could cheese the sith raid with average gear to take on an entire phase with average gear, and put the HAAT on an endless loop too. With the changes he still is a meta character in the sith raid under JTR and HAAT is still very soloable. So he is still a great character.

I frequently disagree with decisions they make, but I will also defend them when I disagree with criticisms.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

You have a choice.

Eh, I'd normally agree with this, but not here. If you want to even sort of compete in fleet, HT is currently a requirement. No other ship tanks even half as well as it does. If you don't have it you might as well hang a "FREE WINS HERE" sign on your back.

HMF, bistan uwing and biggs x wing is a solid starting trio under home one. Don't really need HT in the reinforcements either.
    Unfortunately you still need to farm HT in order to unlock the falcon, so there's that aswell haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I finally broke down and started farming the stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid hounds tooth. I have no interest in it, and while I like boosk, I have a full bh squad and don't want to waste farming/resources on another bh. But it's essential, not to mention it's needed for falcon.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

You have a choice.

HMF, bistan uwing and biggs x wing is a solid starting trio under home one. Don't really need HT in the reinforcements either.
    Unfortunately you still need to farm HT in order to unlock the falcon, so there's that aswell haha.

I'm sure it works, but I'd still run HT over Biggs there. My starting lineup is Falcon/HT/Biggs and Biggs dies sometimes before I even get my first reinforcement out. That never happens with HT.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Rockstar
    72 posts Member
    edited April 2019

So can everyone stop nitpicking on OP now? HT is a necessity. And to the dude who said it's a want, get over yourself. No one plays a video game because they just love being mediocre. If you can't compete without a specific character/ship/item, then it is a must have and the game is built on those to coerce spending.

Telling people "You don't have to win" is asinine.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Rockstar wrote: »

So can everyone stop nitpicking on OP now? HT is a necessity. And to the dude who said it's a want, get over yourself. No one plays a video game because they just love being mediocre. If you can't compete without a specific character/ship/item, then it is a must have and the game is built on those to coerce spending.

Telling people "You don't have to win" is asinine.

You do realize that each leaderboard has quite a few players on it right? So it's impossible for everyone to be competative / able to win.
    If wanting to be competative leads to frustration and you're not enjoying the game because of that, it's solid advice to take a step back and re-eveluate how you can enjoy the game. As is evident by the loads of active players who aren't ranking high, it's entirely possible to enjoy the game without meta chasing and being competative.
    You're about my comment though, i went of topic for no reason which contributed very little to the thread. my bad.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I find my old school line up of biggs, Vader, and FOTP, with Boba Fett 1st reinforcement works at least 75% of the time on HT. And those are all long time toons and ships. Chimera helps, too

Spam target lock until you reinforce with Slave 1. Then start ripping FOTP specials on HT. It does good damage and chips away at the protection up and health. Vader and Fett should be applying target lock to keep biggs up. If you're team is out matched, stay alive for Chimera's ultimate.

I'm not top of my arena with this team, but I'm comfortable at around 150-100 - can still purchase a few zeta mats a week.

Also, make sure your fleet arena crew are geared up, otherwise you're in for a world of hurt. I know I'm preaching to the choir on this one..
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Eh, I'd normally agree with this, but not here. If you want to even sort of compete in fleet...

Proved the point I was trying to make...it's a case of wanting to, not having to.

Man we understand that we all have a "choice" to even play this game or not. That's not what he's saying. He WANTS to enjoy the game, and in order to have a chance at enjoying it, he HAS to farm HT. This isn't a philosophical thing he's just getting his frustrations out. Don't tell someone that if they're upset they should quit that's awful advice.
  • Worst part about all of this for f2p is that we can't play the way we want. If you don't have JKR, DR, Malak, HMF, or HT, you're pretty much trash. I can't compete, and when I'm able to find a halfway decent squad for arena, it gets nerfed (zfinn, EP). It takes out the fun of everything.

I understand that people put in money to get all the content, but new toons shouldn't destroy the meta completely by being way OP (think isolate or nest or HT's protection), it should shift it and create variation and new strategies. What if I still want to run a resistance squad arena team because I like resistance? I'd be lucky to break rank 200. So what if EP can counter Malak? I thought it was a great strategy and we have a lot of EP fans to begin with. Make small changes to make things BALANCED. Why would you just completely nix what makes his lead good versus ONE toon?

This is coming from someone that has logged in every single day for at least the past two years. Maybe I miss some dailies or events but I spend a LOT of time in the game every day. It just sucks that in order to be halfway decent you have to have the newest toons.

Also, the rate of release for all the new toons was WAY too fast.