Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Whatelse73 wrote: »
    This 2 nodes stuff is for the birds. If you're going to put a fleet in, go back to us having 4 nodes so we only need to have one node for ships and three for squads. Too useless to have in one node, of two.

At the same time, getting a connection error today was really frustrating. I lost a team, the game counted the connection error as one battle and I had to do a second one. I was going to clear everything 1:1 and now I might lose if he can 1:1 all my teams and my fleet. Losing because of a connection error is really frustrating.

Happens to me all the time when driving
  • You probably should have your licence revoked if you play while driving.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    This 2 nodes stuff is for the birds. If you're going to put a fleet in, go back to us having 4 nodes so we only need to have one node for ships and three for squads. Too useless to have in one node, of two.

At the same time, getting a connection error today was really frustrating. I lost a team, the game counted the connection error as one battle and I had to do a second one. I was going to clear everything 1:1 and now I might lose if he can 1:1 all my teams and my fleet. Losing because of a connection error is really frustrating.

Happens to me all the time when driving

The only thing driving for me when I had the connection error was my insanity level going up while sitting in my living room trying to clear my opponent cleanly.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Manumicio wrote: »
    Just another proof (if needed) showing that the GA matchmaking mechanism isn't really at it's best.
    My "default" strategy is to keep my strongest teams for OFF and put my best B,C teams in deff.

Last GA i managed to achieve rank 2, missed rank 1 by almost nothing, and in this GA i'm not even able to win 1 single fight, and my GP didn't really change a lot in between the 2 GA's.

And i haven't forgot how to play the game :-), but it just shows how big the gap/frame still is in the matchmaking machanism, otherwise i can't explain how i could almost win the last GA and in this one i'm getting nowhere, just having ridiculous overpowered opponents (walking through my deff and setting up a own deff which is even stronger than my off :-) ), compared to myself of course.

I whish to all a nice day, i'll go and collect my rank 8 rewards...

Now you realize that you are not the best. End of that story. Hope you take that lose and improve your team's.

Well that's not the point, of course i'll take that lose, there is no other option B) , and it's also not about me being the best, i know i'm not.
    The point is that the "pool" of players within the matchmaking to fight each other as it is today is not enough differenciated, and it's shown in this example, otherwise how can i dominate one GA and beeing completely dominated in the next?
    This makes GA a lot less interesting and fun, every player of the 8 should at least have a theoretical chance to do well.
    GA itself has a great potential and could be much more fun, but needs definitely improvements in matching players.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Let me put this as simply as I can:
    Does anyone advocate matching TW squads by GP alone?
    I expect a resounding “no”
    So if it doesn’t work for a single squad, what have you been smoking at EA that you think it would work for matching whole rosters?
    Matching by GP alone creates mismatches so often it’s a wonder that any real ‘fair’ competition is created.
    Give us competition, not walkovers
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Still finding GA to be utterly useless. The point distribution is a joke, i work months on developing my falcon fleet and than i get destroyed without my opponent even needing to touch my fleet.

tk96u7lg4tj3.png

Its sad that revan didnt received the much needed nerf soon after release and basically if you have it you won grand arena even tho i have c3po,chewbacca and the falcon which my opponent doesnt have. Hes got better mods which is rng so nothing to do against it and have a revan which i will unlock only with the event this month.

The matchmaking is on point as far as gp goes, but the lack of importance of ships when its in grand arena is disturbing.

Sorry, but this screenshot doesn't tell us anything. How many tries did it take for you to beat those four teams? How many tries did it take for them to beat your six? Why do you think beating 1 fleet territory should be worth the same points as beating 6 squads in a territory?

Fleet's important, but your screenshot doesn't have anywhere near enough information in it to be worth making a judgement based on.

It was 1 try each match for me and him also and hes fleet fell in 1 try mine stayed up. So an entire territory is worth less than 2 squads.

These 2 squads defend an entire territory.

In other words - you both conquered one territory. He beat 6 squads, you beat 4 squads + 1 fleet. So even if the fleet territory was weighted equally with the squad in terms of banners, your opponent would have beaten you fair and square.

The funniest point in your OP was however that it would have been OK for you to win the round thanks to your Falcon that your opponent doesn't have. But when he beats you due to a high-powered unit that YOU don't have, it's suddenly unfair. Made me lol.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Interesting GA this time.

Match 1 pretty dead even. I snuck out a win.

Match 2 was stupid and broken ridiculous overmatch. I set 1 cup team left board blank. Heck with that.

Match 3 I was over matched. Zetas, G12 by 15+ Mods etc. But it was not a RIDICULOUS overmatch like round 2. I felt there was a small chance I could win if my falcon held (he had falcon too)..... now still 40 min left but he used all 4 of his fleets and I held so he has to clear my toons to win....should be a sweat..... he was better but it was worth playing....

Match 2 on the other hand was dumb If the team up there can just figure out how to rid the game of dumb....GA will flourish
  • Please STOP showing the scores while the match is active. This is allowing people to use your inability to wait against you.

I work three jobs and normally i just don't have time to wait until the very last minute to do my attacks. I have lost the last three matches by 10 points or less. Its bad enough that i have a bloated GP @ 4.1M and i'm playing against people who have way leaner and stronger rosters than me. Allowing them to pick me off by strategizing my score is frustrating. It kinda of takes the fun out of GA.
  • It would be nice if the fleets had some relevance. I can win the same number of battles as my opponent and each of us clear a territory, but if mine is a fleet territory then I've lost.

Find a way to make them relevant. If the territories were three in a row with half the character squads in the first and last and the fleet in the middle, then fleets would matter. If I can't get past your front character territory then congratulations on your win, but if we both get past the first territory and you can't beat my fleets then congratulations to me. And if we can both do that, then the last territory can be the tiebreaker.

Otherwise, just remove them from the GA. If they aren't part of the matchmaking then at least I can get a more equal matchup with people with similar squad development. If I'm more bloated or missing a meta team, it would be easier to take if it wasn't because I had 200k GP less in character depth than my opponent.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Maxed fleet ~ 400k GP .. 66 banners for victory

Maxed squad ~ 125k GP .. 64 banners for victory
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Maxed fleet ~ 400k GP .. 66 banners for victory

Maxed squad ~ 125k GP .. 64 banners for victory

Except if your opponent knows he will lose he will put the worst fleet possible in...and you'll never get those 66 points
  • Altazarus
    174 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I believe it is perfectly fair to count equally ANY ship and toon battle. I see NO reason why 3 toon battle "perfect" wins plus 1 ship battle "perfect" win should be drastically less or drastically more points than 4 toon battle "perfect" wins.

If winning the ship battle gives you enough points to win the match as long as the enemy does not manage to beat your ships, there is no point in having toon battles at all.

If winning the toon battles gives you enough points to win the match as long as the enemy does not manage to beat even one of your toon squads, there is no point in having ship battles at all.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I would have beaten 5 of hes squads(if i go to kru instead of revan)

But you didn't.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • maraexibil
    197 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    It would be nice if player stats included GA specific data. It already has Arena and Fleet Arena stats (and Galactic War battles?!), please add

Number of GA rounds won
    Or Number of first place GA matches

Who do we tag for these suggestions?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I would have beaten 5 of hes squads(if i go to kru instead of revan)

But you didn't.

Yes because even if i did i still loose so i went all out maybe i can get revan but wasnt able to.

So you could. But you didn't. So why should you win again?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • As a long term player who used to enjoy the game so much that I used to make YouTube videos about it, I have been silent for a longtime in the hope that things would improve, but today for about th 10th time now I have had GA ruined by a crash or a restart. In 3v3 arena this is brutal. My Darth Revan team won against theirs but ‘error restart message’. And sure enough I don’t have any other combo that could repeat the win.

This doesn’t happen in any other area of the game. It has been reported multiple times and no one seems to care. First of all is this something being experienced regularly by others? If so what is the common issue, is it country, device, connection type.

I normally play in China on a fairly new iPad on a WiFi connection (good enough to stream Hd in real time)
  • F

I normally play in China on a fairly new iPad on a WiFi connection (good enough to stream Hd in real time)

Welcome to the tribulations of Chinese Internet. On my android device I can log in only with a vpn, but once in, I can turn the vpn off. If on my iOS device, only with a vpn. If the vpn drops, it can lead to the crash report.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • I would agree except I have been playing a very long time and always from China. The issues are always bad just after updates but I guess that is the same for everyone. But GA has been a disaster. I used to be part of a big wechat group here of SWGOH players, pretty much everyone quit since GA started. But most were young whales (only type of player that seems to exist here lol) so not in the game as long as I have been.
  • Why play grand arena if there’s no counter to a revan bastlia Malak. 3v3 we good but i have some good mods on my Darth Revan team that lost, cls Chewbacca and han team lost, traya trio lost, in an attempt to blow someone up with ipd i used ep thrawn and ipd that lost. Just nothing will work aginst a maxed out 3v3 revan bastlia Malak team
  • I would agree except I have been playing a very long time and always from China. The issues are always bad just after updates but I guess that is the same for everyone. But GA has been a disaster. I used to be part of a big wechat group here of SWGOH players, pretty much everyone quit since GA started. But most were young whales (only type of player that seems to exist here lol) so not in the game as long as I have been.
    Are you using a vpn? The government recently started messing around with the internet again, so VPN’s are having more problems than usual.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • maraexibil wrote: »
    It would be nice if player stats included GA specific data. It already has Arena and Fleet Arena stats (and Galactic War battles?!), please add

Number of GA rounds won
    Or Number of first place GA matches

Who do we tag for these suggestions?

I'd love to see this data too
  • Xaresacex wrote: »
    Why play grand arena if there’s no counter to a revan bastlia Malak. 3v3 we good but i have some good mods on my Darth Revan team that lost, cls Chewbacca and han team lost, traya trio lost, in an attempt to blow someone up with ipd i used ep thrawn and ipd that lost. Just nothing will work aginst a maxed out 3v3 revan bastlia Malak team

I'd say the only chance is taking down bastilla using cls. Then someone else to clean up.
  • If they really wanted GA to be a battle of skill instead of a battle of the wallet, just give us Event/Arena toons to use. Both sides get the same pool of toons & mods to use.

Most of my other thoughts on GA won't make it past the forum filter.
  • I thought you were supposed to get full points for when they dont set a full defense. I definatly did not. Sandbagging ruins the game.