Shouldn't the GK bundle include crystals for this price?

Darth_DeVito
1231 posts Member
edited April 2019
The contents of these packs are identical in terms of value, but for some reason the GK pack is a lot more expensive:

kntkwjo4k7kt.png

e2soxm6jaltf.png

Could it be that you forgot to add crystals to the GK bundle? That would somewhat justify the higher price.

Replies

• The price difference is likely due to the acquisition method. JKA is a standard farm. An easy one at that. And GK is a raid reward. His shards are much more valuable due to their relative scarcity.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    The price difference is likely due to the acquisition method. JKA is a standard farm. An easy one at that. And GK is a raid reward. His shards are much more valuable due to their relative scarcity.

Are his shards really that scarce though? Even new F2P players have no problem finding a guild that already has HSTR on farm. As soon as they have a single 7-star toon and can post any amount of damage, they get 6 shards per raid. GK practically farms himself.

If all packs were the same price, I might have considered buying his pack to get him to 6 stars a little faster. But he already works fine at 5 stars and there's a steady stream of shards from raids that don't cost me any energy. At least to me, 50 shards and 12 purple mats aren't worth 28 €.

The price difference is likely due to the acquisition method. JKA is a standard farm. An easy one at that. And GK is a raid reward. His shards are much more valuable due to their relative scarcity.

Are his shards really that scarce though? Even new F2P players have no problem finding a guild that already has HSTR on farm. As soon as they have a single 7-star toon and can post any amount of damage, they get 6 shards per raid. GK practically farms himself.

If all packs were the same price, I might have considered buying his pack to get him to 6 stars a little faster. But he already works fine at 5 stars and there's a steady stream of shards from raids that don't cost me any energy. At least to me, 50 shards and 12 purple mats aren't worth 28 €.

Yes. They are, in relation to Anakin's and Ahsoka's.

Anakin is on a light side, dark side, and cantina node. You could get 2 from each hard node and 5 from the cantina node each day and 7* him in about a month.

Ahsoka is on a hard node and in the cantina store. If you buy 10 shards and farm 2 a day you can 7* her in about a month.

If you're in a good guild that runs HAAT three times a month and finish first each time you'll 7* GK in two months. In the more likely scenario that, as a the new FTP player you reference, the guild runs it twice a week and you finish outside of the top 3 you'll need around 6 months to 7* GK. In this case those 50 shards represent about a month of work.

So... We get 330 shards of either Anakin or Ahsoka in a month and 50 of GK. That means GK shards are roughly 6.5 times more valuable. His pack should cost nearly $100. $25 is a bargain!
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Anakin is on a light side, dark side, and cantina node. You could get 2 from each hard node and 5 from the cantina node each day and 7* him in about a month.

Ahsoka is on a hard node and in the cantina store. If you buy 10 shards and farm 2 a day you can 7* her in about a month.

If you're in a good guild that runs HAAT three times a month and finish first each time you'll 7* GK in two months. In the more likely scenario that, as a the new FTP player you reference, the guild runs it twice a week and you finish outside of the top 3 you'll need around 6 months to 7* GK. In this case those 50 shards represent about a month of work.

So... We get 330 shards of either Anakin or Ahsoka in a month and 50 of GK. That means GK shards are roughly 6.5 times more valuable. His pack should cost nearly $100. $25 is a bargain!

I can see that new players who are in a hurry to unlock him for the arena might benefit enough from this pack to justify the expense (of $25 or €28 = $31.50, that is. $100 is a bit steep). I unlocked Bastila from shipments early on before I could get to her node, which wasn't cheap either. But having unlocked GK, his pack is no longer attractive at this price point.

I look at this more from an energy savings perspective. Buying shards of a farmable character allows me to farm another character with the saved energy and crystals for refreshes. But there is no other character I could get from HAAT instead of General Carbanti. In the long run, this pack does nothing to speed up my roster development.

In the long run, this pack does nothing to speed up my roster development.

Sure it does. It gets GK to 7* one month faster. Whether or not that's worth $25 is up to you. I'd say that the Anakin and Ahsoka packs are way overpriced for how little time they save you.

Another way of looking at it:

50 Anakin or Ahsoka shards ~ 6 days
    50 GK shards ~ 30 days

Which should cost more?

I'm not trying to say they're a good value, just that they're not identical in value when compared to each other.

In the long run, this pack does nothing to speed up my roster development.

Sure it does. It gets GK to 7* one month faster. Whether or not that's worth $25 is up to you. I'd say that the Anakin and Ahsoka packs are way overpriced for how little time they save you.

Another way of looking at it:

50 Anakin or Ahsoka shards ~ 6 days
    50 GK shards ~ 30 days

Which should cost more?

I'm not trying to say they're a good value, just that they're not identical in value when compared to each other.

You can farm 50 other shards over those 6 days though, assuming the energy cost is the same. And A&A have the added value of being pilots. I guess it all depends on how urgently one needs which of these characters and for which arena or purpose.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member

I can see that new players who are in a hurry to unlock him for the arena might benefit enough from this pack to justify the expense (of $25 or €28 = $31.50, that is. $100 is a bit steep). I unlocked Bastila from shipments early on before I could get to her node, which wasn't cheap either. But having unlocked GK, his pack is no longer attractive at this price point.

I look at this more from an energy savings perspective. Buying shards of a farmable character allows me to farm another character with the saved energy and crystals for refreshes. But there is no other character I could get from HAAT instead of General Carbanti. In the long run, this pack does nothing to speed up my roster development.

Or your in my position, a 3.5 million GP account who stubbornly refuses to switch guilds from the overall weak one he has been in from the start (the leader is stronger than me, everyone else considerably weaker). Kenobi remains one of only three characters I haven't unlocked (along with Traya obviously, and Malak). We have only very recently reached a position where we can start clearing the Heroic Tank raid (we did it 2 times now, I think). I welcome any chance to speed up getting the last character who has been around since around the time I started that I don't have yet, without switching guilds.

Stop being stubborn, join my guild, we need big hitters, I stayed with my guild for way too long and crippled myself needlessly, you can always go back to your old guild, as I’ve now done....🙃