It takes so little to make us HAPPY, why can't we just get more of that?

Two minor reworks and a major rework of 3 characters made the entire community so much happier. 2 small changes to Anakin and a rework on Ahsoka is all it took to make these beloved characters viable and give the community what they wanted. Why can't we have more of this? Simple and effective kits, not having to read walls upon walls of text, ridiculous abilities that do unreasonable stuff and shady releases that divide the community. We like simple stuff, and I sincerely hope that we see more of this and less of the Malak crap.

Replies

• Options
    wait and see a few days till they make a post about ''anakin having unexpected interations with malak(countering him )'' and how they will nerf him.

• Options
    +1 rework OG clones
  • Options
    Some whales spent thousands of dollars for malak, which is completely shredded by jka now. I dont think theyre happy.
  • Options
    They spent thousands of dollars for malak. Maybe they should consider how they spend money if they are not satisfied.
    I don't remember any written promise that spending thousands $ will guarantee you victory royale.
    Don't you think it's hipocrisy?
    When you spent thousand of dollars it's suddenly unfair not to get what you wish for.
    However when people advocate for for better pricing of the in-game items it's demonized by the whales.
    I guess it's double edge sword.
    Either you want this game to have 1000 whales and noone else, or millions of players.
    Just say it out loud. Post a price of 10k USD on appstore and bask in your self importance.
    Oh wait, nobody would buy it, because they could not get rank 1 with all the whales competing on a single server.
  • Options
    Midirataj wrote: »
    They spent thousands of dollars for malak. Maybe they should consider how they spend money if they are not satisfied.
    I don't remember any written promise that spending thousands $ will guarantee you victory royale.
    When you spent thousand of dollars it's suddenly unfair not to get what you wish for.
    However when people advocate for for better pricing of the in-game items it's demonized by the whales.
    Either you want this game to have 1000 whales and noone else, or millions of players.
    Just say it out loud. Post a price of 10k USD on appstore and bask in your self importance.
    Oh wait, nobody would buy it, because they could not get rank 1 with all the whales competing on a single server.

You can hate on whales all day you want, but if they get ripped off (selling exclusive content which is made useless in a week) , theyll simply stop spending.
    If that happens, you wont have a game to play.
  • Options

You can hate on whales all day you want, but if they get ripped off (selling exclusive content which is made useless in a week) , theyll simply stop spending.

No they won't, and Anakin doesn't shred through them. Anakin is a possible counter that works about 75% of the time. Loses 100% of the time on defense so how is that unreasonable?
  • Options
    Agreed, I love the fact that Anakin is finally viable.

CG needs to do more to make the fan favourites more powerful. That’s the entire reason people were so annoyed at Grevious’ rework.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    absolutely hate it. I've been planning and managing my resources to a tee just to unlock and 7* drevan and malak, now any noob who happens to have ani can beat me?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Some whales spent thousands of dollars for malak, which is completely shredded by jka now. I dont think theyre happy.

Whales also have a well-geared JKR squad and a 7-star JKA somewhere in their roster. He used to be very popular for his ship (and still is). If you have everything, it's easy to use whatever currently works best.
  • Options

I read this argument a lot, and I believe it's based on a faulty premise. There are not just whales and F2P players in this game. Who knows, we dolphins might be numerous enough to outspend whales by a great margin.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that this is the case. Simply because a great many players are willing and able to spend anywhere between 5 and 50 bucks a month. People who drop triple digit sums on a mobile game on a monthly basis, nevermind quadruple digit amounts, are few and far between. (I believe they're also hopelessly addicted, otherwise they wouldn't be spending these sums).
  • Options

They will keep spending. That means they're not so unhappy.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    absolutely hate it. I've been planning and managing my resources to a tee just to unlock and 7* drevan and malak, now any noob who happens to have ani can beat me?

Ok, so based on your logic you should have a squad that cannot lose? Do you actually believe that you deserve a squad that cannot lose except by mirror match? If not can you please say which other squad should have the ability to beat your squad on offense?

Do you not believe unbeatable squads would completely ruin GA? I mean I am so happy that you're mad that your Malak can lose to something because people like you ruin games like this and this is not a personal attack, but I've never seen a sense of entitlement that's worse than this. I don't care how much effort, skill or money you put into a single squad, NO squad should ever be unbeatable and you should know and expect this.
  • Options

Ok, so based on your logic you should have a squad that cannot lose?

That's a huge leap from what he said and is full of assumptions. You seem obsessed with extremes.

As for the OP, how do you figure the entire community is happy? The majority of the feedback on Ahsoka seems to be that she still doesn't hit hard enough and the loss of the heal on her basic is bad. There's plenty of folks groaning that Anakin doesn't have a zeta, yet. And the reaction to GK is pretty meh. These aren't my opinions. It's what I'm reading in the forums. If this is happy...
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

That's a huge leap from what he said and is full of assumptions. You seem obsessed with extremes.

As for the OP, how do you figure the entire community is happy? The majority of the feedback on Ahsoka seems to be that she still doesn't hit hard enough and the loss of the heal on her basic is bad. There's plenty of folks groaning that Anakin doesn't have a zeta, yet. And the reaction to GK is pretty meh. These aren't my opinions. It's what I'm reading in the forums. If this is happy...

Where are you reading this? Anakin's rework has set the forums and Reddit on fire with how powerful he can be now.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Where are you reading this? Anakin's rework has set the forums and Reddit on fire with how powerful he can be now.

I'm aware of that. Just saying that the OP has a tendency for hyperbole and extremes.

Even with many folks excited about JKA there are still those calling for a zeta. Just go read the last page of his rework mega thread. There are three or four posts in the last 24 hours there and many more if you go back to the start. Hardly the "entire community" the OP declared.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Ok, so based on your logic you should have a squad that cannot lose? Do you actually believe that you deserve a squad that cannot lose except by mirror match? If not can you please say which other squad should have the ability to beat your squad on offense?

Do you not believe unbeatable squads would completely ruin GA? I mean I am so happy that you're mad that your Malak can lose to something because people like you ruin games like this and this is not a personal attack, but I've never seen a sense of entitlement that's worse than this. I don't care how much effort, skill or money you put into a single squad, NO squad should ever be unbeatable and you should know and expect this.

To be completely honest, i'm just complaining it because you're happy about it and to point out that not all of "us" are happy about it. I know you like to make everything into a f2p vs p2p thing, but i'm f2p so there's that.
    there's also a difference between not being happy about a rework that happened very shortly after malak's release that blows him out of the water and wanting a squad that cannot lose.
    Generally speaking i do like the hard to get teams to be harder to beat than the easier to get teams, meaning it should pay off to "be better" at the game or just buy the toon. Unbeatable teams have never been part of swgoh and i doubt it would have been the case without ani's rework. Heck, i'm pretty sure it wasn't the case. So in no way does me not liking the fact that ani can beat malak mean that i think my team should be unbeatable. Nice try though ;)
    I love how you think people like me ruin games, in what world do games not thrive on players who want to be the best?
    As for sense of entitlement, why on earth do you think you should be able/allowed to beat my team eventhough you weren't able to unlock malak? Sounds awefully entitled to me... That argument goes both ways, best not to use it in a discussion. Yes, even if you really do think the other party has a far worse sense of entitlement.
  • Options

To be completely honest, i'm just complaining it because you're happy about it and to point out that not all of "us" are happy about it. I know you like to make everything into a f2p vs p2p thing, but i'm f2p so there's that.
    there's also a difference between not being happy about a rework that happened very shortly after malak's release that blows him out of the water and wanting a squad that cannot lose.
    Generally speaking i do like the hard to get teams to be harder to beat than the easier to get teams, meaning it should pay off to "be better" at the game or just buy the toon. Unbeatable teams have never been part of swgoh and i doubt it would have been the case without ani's rework. Heck, i'm pretty sure it wasn't the case. So in no way does me not liking the fact that ani can beat malak mean that i think my team should be unbeatable. Nice try though ;)
    I love how you think people like me ruin games, in what world do games not thrive on players who want to be the best?
    As for sense of entitlement, why on earth do you think you should be able/allowed to beat my team eventhough you weren't able to unlock malak? Sounds awefully entitled to me... That argument goes both ways, best not to use it in a discussion. Yes, even if you really do think the other party has a far worse sense of entitlement.

But you didn't answer my question, please name a specific squad that should be able to beat Revan-Malak on offense, except Revan and Malak.
  • Options

Wrong

Jka doesn't shred malak/Dr teams. It's the debuffs they give themselves. I really wish stupid people would stop posting lol. Or at least know something about what their talking about.
  • Options

They can only beat you bc your team debuffs itself like crazy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

But you didn't answer my question, please name a specific squad that should be able to beat Revan-Malak on offense, except Revan and Malak.

I've got a g12 malak, so i'm not the one you should ask. Some JKR teams have been able to get top ranks on my leaderboard eventhough it's riddled with malaks though (before the ani rework, but after the malak buff).
    I also don't care how you do it, that's something you should figure out on your own. The point was that your assumptions are offbase and your question is irrelevent to what i said. I don't expect my malak to be unbeatable by anything other than a mirror match, but i'm happy that players like yourself apparantly aren't able to, otherwise there would be no point in unlocking the latest and greatest (which is not exactly easy, unlike just plugging ani in a JKR team).
    Anyway, both sides of the argument could be considered reasonable depending on your perspective, at the end of the day i don't really care whether or not they nerf ani. If they end up nerfing him, i do hope they don't go overboard. I haven't dropped out of the top15 since i got malak, but it's not like it's the end of the world if that starts happening again. Probably easier for me to accept that because i got him without paying though, maybe i'd feel differently if i dropped a couple hundo's on him.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    When the two lords of the Sith who ruled the galaxy for years get beaten by a measly slave boy...

“I’ll try spinning! That’s a good trick”