Viable Galactic republic team?

Prev1
Cripplingduck
10 posts Member
edited April 2019
With the new rework to ahsoka Anakin and gk do you think there is a good team to be made?
I was thinking aayla lead but not sure if a different character would be better. I also wasnt sure what other character to run in the team to make the most of ashoka zeta.
I am not a hundred percent on whether a decent team could be made and would love any suggestions.

Replies

• Perhaps QGJ lead?
  • I think GMY is probably your best bet, then maybe GK. QGJ would be good I guess if you modded everyone for ridiculous speed, but that seems like a giant waste of speed mods.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Not saying it’ll be the best, but a team with Ashoka lead, Anakin, GMY, Asajj and zombie could make use of the NS and jedi dodge lead.
    Zombie would beef Asajj and give extra turns to Anakin.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Juzz wrote: »
    Not saying it’ll be the best, but a team with Ashoka lead, Anakin, GMY, Asajj and zombie could make use of the NS and jedi dodge lead.
    Zombie would beef Asajj and give extra turns to Anakin.

I like the sound of that.
  • What about a gk lead with ahsoka Anakin and two clones.
    Any ideas which ones would work best

Rex is a no-brainer. For second clone I'd say Fives. Echo and Cody works best on a full clone team I find. Or rather, that's where they work at all lol.

Rex is a no-brainer. For second clone I'd say Fives. Echo and Cody works best on a full clone team I find. Or rather, that's where they work at all lol.

I almost always use Fives under GK when testing squads because he taunts like crazy. I haven’t tried any other clones under GK because there bonus are meh.
  • I’m interested in GK lead trio guest starring Aayla and Fives. Though, I will say, it’s a shame that the reworked kits still keep R2 and C3PO at a distance from GR synergy relevance. Pity.

Also, I’m not sure if Rex is a no-brainer. I’d rather have the taunt/counter with Fives than the stealth with Rex.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    I’ve been playing this for just over two years.. only now have I realised kenobis leader ability will make fives taunt.. crazy..
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    VulThraze wrote: »
    I’m interested in GK lead trio guest starring Aayla and Fives. Though, I will say, it’s a shame that the reworked kits still keep R2 and C3PO at a distance from GR synergy relevance. Pity.

Also, I’m not sure if Rex is a no-brainer. I’d rather have the taunt/counter with Fives than the stealth with Rex.

Stealth? Rex gives tenacity up and turn meter, and that's priceless in most setups. He's even a decent plugin character in many random squads.

Edit: just remembered Kenobi's lead gives stealth to support, but still, tenacity up and TM.
  • If GK is lead why not add Bariss and lumi to the trio. That's a lot of team attacks
  • My guess about Barriss and Luminara is that the DPS of the group attack falls off if you have both. Could definitely be wrong though.

And re: Rex yeah I forgot about the tenacity up and TM gain. Still, I think I’d want to bobble enemies between taunts and the occasional luckdraw foresight grab. Plus, Fives snags 7.5% TM whenever an ally is hit.
  • Also, not for nothing, but until he (if he) gets a rework, Plo Koon seems off the map of squad viability. His basic attack (partial-to-full dispel) has diminished value when overlapping snips’, which is an inherently better attack anyway.

His specials might be sort of intriguing for builds where you’re stacking offense/CD mods at the expense of speed for bigger Anakin/Ahsoka numbers, but the base speed and special damage rating isn’t there to make the abilities competitive.

He’s like Phasma if Phasma couldn’t Phasma fast enough.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    I’m thinking GK, zarriss, ahoka, JKA and (eventually) padme. Leader would depend on the specific situation but I would imagine that Padme will have some great leadership ability.
  • Will barriss's basic trigger the team attack if it heals everyone or does that not count?
  • If so, I'm thinking gk lead, ashoka, Anakin ,barris and fives
  • Gk barris ani ashoka qgj
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Will barriss's basic trigger the team attack if it heals everyone or does that not count?

No, Kenobi's leader ability specifies you need to use a special ability that heals everyone.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Does GK AJK AT Bariss Jolee sound like a good team for fun?
  • Does GK AJK AT Bariss Jolee sound like a good team for fun?

Jolee is not GR and will make GK's zeta useless.
  • Pretty sure it will be Padme, Anakin, GK, Ahsoka, GMY or some unposted new Geonosis reward toon.
  • I use GK JKA Ahsoka Fives and Zarris. I’ve also tested with QGJ under GK because he’s GR that has two specials for Ahsoka to assist on (and she’ll double assist if she’s called on QGJ assist) another one that has two specials is Plo. GMY and R2 have 2 as well, but you’re likely not pulling them from your main squads.
  • With Padme and Mace’s rework coming (and eventually the rest of the clones/Jedi) reworks there will likely be multiple GR squads you can make (oh and I forgot Cody has two specials too)
  • Time to dust off that ZQGJ lead! My first zeta, and while I don't regret it, it sure hasn't seen much use lately...
  • You got a vid of that?
  • Tenacity leads are the best imo, thats why bastila works so well. Using another lead reminds me how bad debuffs from certain teams are
  • GunnerFCm wrote: »
    Time to dust off that ZQGJ lead! My first zeta, and while I don't regret it, it sure hasn't seen much use lately...

I used him at times in TW as a lead before the JKAhsoka Rework. It’d be ZQGJ, JKAhsoka, Mace and then a toss up between Plo, Old Ben or Zarris. Basically depended on my mood when using them.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    I used zzGMY lead, Ashoka, JKA, GK, w/ R2-D2 in the last 2 TWs since the rework and they do fantastic, I beat a DR team the first time and a 118k power CLS Team with 2 Hans in with the all Hans on deck bonus. Not gonna lie, GMY lead seemed useless previously this zeta was a big regret but works well with this combo, I was surprised. Please note I lost at least 2 team members in each battle, they were not easy victories.