Arena Reward Problem

Hi everyone,

I did notice a few problem with my rank reward in the last few Grand Arena event.

The last event (ended on April 18th) clearly screwed me.

Here are the facts:
  • Before the last game, I was tie for 1st place with no lost.
  • The player in 3rd place had 1 lost.
  • I was facing the other undefeated player for my last game.
  • I had a tie for the last match.

Therefore, myself and the other guys that was tie with me finished with a 2-0-1. While the guys in 3rd place had at best a 2-1-0.

How can I get the reward for 3rd place finish?

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    There are no ties. If you have the same number of banners, the winner is the one with higher GP. So you were 2-1.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 2nd place and 3rd place get the same rewards. The other undefeated guy must have scored more points than you to get first.
  • yep as the person above said.. you lost the final match, as the person you where fighting had a higher GP, there is no ties.

that means you scored 2-1, which means you finish anywhere between 2-4 as they all finish 2-1, and they get exactly the same rewards.
  • Kailen
    90 posts Member
    GA rewards are based entirely on the number of wins you have.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Quick breakdown on how the final rewards are given
    Tier 1- 3 wins (1 player)
    Tier 2 - 2 win (3 players, placed in order of GP)
    Tier 3 - 1 win (3 players, placed in order of GP)
    Tier 4 - 0 wins (1 player)

Ties go to the higher GP.

The final order you see doesn't really show anything beyond the tier, as GP is used to organize the list, ranking 2,3 or 4 for example, get the same prize.
  • Kyno wrote: »

The final order you see doesn't really show anything beyond the tier, as GP is used to organize the list, ranking 2,3 or 4 for example, get the same prize.

Does that mean you can beat 1 of the 3 players in tier 2 and place lower in the 2ndtier than them ?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Placement within tiers is irrelevant, everyone in the tier gets identical rewards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Does that mean you can beat 1 of the 3 players in tier 2 and place lower in the 2ndtier than them ?

Yes. Let's say you go to the finals 2-0 and lose. They are 1-1 and win. You both finish 2-1. But does it matter? You both get the same rewards.
  • I always find myself facing harder opponents earlier in the group. Sometimes the "final " is actually your first round match. You can look at rosters and figure out who your hardest opponent might be . Once you win the hard match it's smooth sailing. And sometimes your final match is one of the easiest. And sometimes you get screwed by timeouts or goofy things like a player who neglects ships but has toons 10x stronger than you. So they win by default because no amount of strategy can overcome a player who neglects ships and maxes banners on ground battles
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »

Yes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Treeburner wrote: »

100% correct, but if you are in tier 2 you get the same rewards, the order of players in the middle tiers has nothing to do with anything other than the GP of each player.