Change to anakin!

Replies

• Genpaku408 wrote: »
    Evasive wrote: »
    Change Anakins Unique to read : Whenever another Jedi or Galactic Republic ally falls bellow 50 % health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and deals 100% more damage. That way he isnt plug and play into every team and remains great! #SaveAnakinsRework

Remove the 'Jedi' from the unique and it would make him only work when GMY falls below 50 percent in a JKR team.

Whenever another Galactic Republic ally falls bellow 50 % health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and deals 100% more damage.

I still want him to remain viable with JKR why not. We just dont need him being plugged into every team like he currently works now. I think his unique working with those two factions is a great fix.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    If there's only one meta team in arena, that means players will have to whale for the mods, and spend dozens of crystals to have good mods, especially speed ones, that's why they're gonna nerf palpatine, anakin, or anything that counters revan or malak.

they just changed the meta from jedi revan to sith revan just because players were leaving the game because it was boring. but they've seen their data, all the money they gain from players searching for the best speed mods they can get, and they have surely changed their strategy. if one day the meta in arena isnt darth revan with malak anymore, be sure that it will only be one and one specific team of the 5 same characters.
  • How does garbage on defense and sometimes able to beat a Malak team equal "outperforming" ?

Darth Revan has not been here for 25 days and Darth Malak 7 and were now 4 nerfs in. (Going to exclude Finn since they were gunning for him since the JKR meta and its unlikely he wouldve been able to beat Dre anyways.)

Bastilla ai magically gets changed because Nest was able to solo 3v3 non-Malak teams (which btw after multiple attempts appears to have no counters except for the same lineup or a mixture of the core Sith Empire)

Palp magically stopped working as intended and is a "cheesy strategy" but Dre/Malak autoing every team in the game is not cheesy at all. At least you needed half a brain to run Palp.

Sith Assassin suffers because of the previous corny nerf.

And now a nerf bomb is being dropped on Anakin because him and the overpowered Jedi that CG crafted are standing a chance against Malak.

This is pathetic and ridiculous. A meta team should be defending better, its not supposed to go completely unchallenged unless its the same team with faster speed.

I dont expect the playerbase/CG developers to be bestest friends foreverest but should people really have to be anxious while playing a mobile game because the developers can undo their own untested designs that are working as described?

People should be saying "I really regret investing in this character because their actually pretty bad or have no relevance now" not "I really regret investing in this character because CG nerfed this character into the ground."

I remember when the game would be down for an hour or two or there would be a bug in TB or a raid and CG would say "Sorry for the inconvenience here are crystals". Now CG "fixes"(nerfs) things that are working exactly as they should be because they think whales enjoy staying at the top of arena via speed based mirror matches and they never try and make good on these "fixes". There just isnt any trust anymore and CG/EA clearly doesnt care.
  • My issue is the lack of testing with characters before they put them out. EA or CG or whoever pays people to do a job, but it seems as if they create a character, or “touch up” a character, then release it and let the community find the areas that they want to adjust. It’s lazy. Test the characters before release and then put out a good product.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I still think its funny how they are now double backing on SA, To go from her being awesome to the team and even getting the sith empire tag, to now getting a gear refund because "Woops Malak could be beaten by Palp woops we just made Malak make all sith worse including a sith that was designed to be on his team".

CG is a circus. No testing. No thought into anything. They just want our money and don't care how they get it. Putting this info out once again on a Friday.

Carrie saying "Frustrating" when she doesn't even know the meaning of the word.

They had once said that they would never make a character as powerful as CLS again. If they had actually kept their word there (you know, at least once instead of constantly lying to their entire playerbase) JKR would have not come out and ruins the squad arena for months, before being fixed by Drevan finally, before once again being ruined by Malak, before being fixed by Palp before once again being ruined by Malak, before now where Anakin uses the ferocity debuff against them. What's next? Guess we wait and see where this merry go round of them only caring about us spending takes them.

This game needs f2p players as much as it needs whales.
  • Lichbane wrote: »
    What’s the source? There appears to be nothing here (what I’d assume to be the official forum).

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201929/i-assure-you-lord-vader#latest
  • The biggest issue is not the characters being P2W or F2P. Its the precedent they set with JKR. Before he was released no single character/team, either P2W or F2P dominated the meta so much. Even looking at raid characters like Traya and GK, they were good but not so close to unbeatable. So the expectation was that "paying for the latest meta" was an easy win button but you could and would still fall on defense like everyone before it.

With JKR and the rest of the team it became close to unbeatable without the exact same teams and/or vastly superior mods. Now because of this every new P2W character is expected to emulate this and be the same. They have started to re-balance the arena but due to the paywall characters not having the same impact as JKR people are upset. I generally agree with the nerfs that have happened, take Finn for example, Anyone who claimed the Expose train wasn't broken from day one is kidding themselves, He was the best zeta in the game and could make a fast Poe and RT basically beat any team in the game if Poe was fast enough. Going 6/6 in all LSTB CM's with low gear says it all.

The nerf to EP and now Anakin is not based on what they do but the basic flaw of DR's lead. The "ferocity" debuff basically cripples any tank in the game since they lose their best feature while improving nothing as their damage tends to be low anyway. It already changed Sith Trooper to a liability and now Malak. EP gained TM because the stacks expire and feed his ZETA lead and now the lowered defense means that Anakin can hit for massive damage and AoE the team, Similar to what Grevious could also do if you modded him correctly.

Lets leave things as they are and understand P2W characters should be an easy win button, but not unbeatable, look at whats really causing the issues and fix them properly. The Finn solution was a good one overall, the EP solution works somewhat as it only effects Malak teams but nerfing the character you reworked 24hrs ago make no sense at best, and implies nothing in the changes was even read let alone tested because the same thing was already "in the wild" with Gervious
  • I get that your ability to test is limited, but how do you not test against the only meta team you allow competitive players to use?
  • Nest update in Malak "All enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter or bonus turn". So, the game can die in peace.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I assure you, Lord Kraken...
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I think people are missing the point. NO character should have an aoe that does 100k+. That wipes out pretty much every non-tank in one shot just about. How the heck is that good for the game??

He only does that to DR teams because of ferocity. If you're going to make a point, at least base it on facts please.

Just be real for a minute. No f2p character should ever wipe out the newest p2w team. Ive had my ani gear 12 for a long time. I have DR and Malak.... i spent next to nothing on malak as im one of those crazy fools who has most of the kotor at gear 12. (Working on t3 last one, two pieces left) (i did spend a bit on his gear, but i had some of that saved up since DR dropped)

Now imagine if i had spent $500+ on gear for kotor and maybe $200 or more on malak gear.... id be **** something ive had gear 12 for 8 months could level it.

Now imagine you as a developer want me to spend money like that or more.... would you really do nothing?

Ps im running JKR with no bastila and adding in Anakin for now. So do i care what they do.... nope, but i cant pretend that i would not understand it

The craziest part of all this complaining is that it is obscuring the fact that Anakin is working perfectly the way he was characteristically designed to! He is designed to step up, and turn the tide when his team is getting their **** kicked. Which DR teams just happen to be especially vulnerable to, and that is just how they were designed i.e the ferocity debuff.

I would agree with the complainers ONLY if the JKR/Anakin team was completely unbeatable with DR/Malak team. It's not like Anakin has an ability that says "Anakin gains foresight and offense up whenever Malak takes a turn", apparently those type of abilities are only reserved for "special" characters...
  • All they have to do is change his unique to: "Whenever another Galactic Republic ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage." He'd still have his synergy with GK, Ashoka, GMY, etc.

All they have to do is leave it alone. They have plenty of time to test before they rolls these things out. Their failure to properly do so should not cost us in terms of resources. I just dumped a few hard to get gear on him and was gonna take him to g12. They can't keep nerfing people's investments because they dont like that it makes their new toons look bad. If they do this than they need to refund gear for jka as well as for assasin and marauder for that nonsense. They say this game is about resource managment but we have no way to know when our investments will be nerfed and worthless. So why invest?
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Liath wrote: »
    If they nerf Anakin too, all that does is suggest that the post from 4/10 about "variety" and "balance" was simply a lie to placate the masses.

So, yeah, it wouldn't shock me, given the history of this "leadership" team.

I wouldn’t call it a lie. I trust they are working towards that. But it’s not just any variety. They want a very specific variety, almost certainly involving some brand new characters that we will need to invest in. It’s seeming like this plan is very important for them and they can’t let other teams get in the way...

Oh, okay - then technically it's not a lie....they're just playing the game for us. :D

If they I going to prescribe play and manipulate the meta directly like that, there will be many people leaving this game than there are now - and it will be whales, dolphins and f2p alike.

How would it be different than anything else they do? Every time they release or change a kit they are doing it with a goal in mind of how that character will fit into the overall game. There is no such thing as not manipulating the meta.

I'd say nerfing characters because they're "too good" in arena is meta manipulating. Changing up NS zombie and finn's kit was not. There really shouldn't be near this amount of changes. This should be properly tested. Making toons worse because they make your paywall look bad is not a good look and 100% manipulation
  • Liath wrote: »
    If they nerf Anakin too, all that does is suggest that the post from 4/10 about "variety" and "balance" was simply a lie to placate the masses.

I wouldn’t call it a lie. I trust they are working towards that. But it’s not just any variety. They want a very specific variety, almost certainly involving some brand new characters that we will need to invest in. It’s seeming like this plan is very important for them and they can’t let other teams get in the way...

Oh, okay - then technically it's not a lie....they're just playing the game for us. :D

If they I going to prescribe play and manipulate the meta directly like that, there will be many people leaving this game than there are now - and it will be whales, dolphins and f2p alike.

How would it be different than anything else they do? Every time they release or change a kit they are doing it with a goal in mind of how that character will fit into the overall game. There is no such thing as not manipulating the meta.

I'd say nerfing characters because they're "too good" in arena is meta manipulating. Changing up NS zombie and finn's kit was not. There really shouldn't be near this amount of changes. This should be properly tested. Making toons worse because they make your paywall look bad is not a good look and 100% manipulation

It's not a nerf....they are simply altering the rework...pray they don't alter it any further.
  • rework the nerf! LOLOL this is out of control. Only reason I play this game is bcuz of the guild activities with friends of mine. The lack of testing, constant changes, and poor communication really make the actual game difficult to enjoy anymore. I used to spend a little bit of money when the farms and the legendary toons coming in were clear and communicated and not in need of changes (CLS/RJT/Thrawn).
  • Javin37 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

It's not a nerf....they are simply altering the rework...pray they don't alter it any further.

Oh my apologies. I forgot they dont nerf they "fix" things.
  • BlackMarco wrote: »

That is just great.... :s

What is next? Another Nightsister zombie rework to keep the untested paywall?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    All this is going on and I am still like "Seriously whats up with this week weekly shipments shop"
  • Each new Character, each new Rework, all will have the same result. CG totally lost Control over the Game.
  • Bottom line Anakin only performs this well under very specific strategic circumstances. The devs just cannot in good faith nerf him solely to make whales happy. If they do this game is dead...
  • “Our intention is that Jedi Knight Anakin should not outperform Darth Malak.“

I swear to the maker, if y’all retcon the recent reworks I’m deleting this game. @CG_Carrie
    Ooba hutar.
  • Because the baby-whale crying and mama CG nerf everything

Sfigati!!
  • I hope they nerf Anakin and it becomes the straw that broke the camels back... I’m out if they do

I can’t get behind predatory practices, but to be this blatant is just a whole new low even for CG/EA
  • If you're going to do this kind of stuff to correct your own overpowering of particular characters, then you should just reset the character back to Gear 1 / level 1 for everybody. If we want to re gear and re level them, then fine. There are plenty of resources between Sith Assassin and JK Anakin I could use elsewhere.
  • While they are out here touching up/nerfing/fixing/ changing toons - can they change the Gg-b1 killing exchange.
  • TheEvo wrote: »
    Because he deals up to 100k AOE damage and over 70k on his basic. If that is not broken then I don't know what is.

He dealt that damage before...so your logic does not apply,also he needs g12.5 and 6* mods with crit dmg sets,crit chance and is supposed to have Offense up, Crit Dmg up and Crit Chance up buffs before he can do any of those 'high' numbers.

Get your facts right people.
This discussion has been closed.