Just Stop

Prev1
Seriously, quit making up excuses on why it’s ok to change and nerf kits just because they can beat the newest toon. What’s the point of creativity anymore? I do not believe you put thousands of man hours in testing before releasing new or even reworked toons because it seems to the community that there’s nothing but problems. I’ve been playing this game since launch due to my love for the Star Wars franchise, but I believe this game is at its lowest point. I try not to complain on the forums, but I need to voice my opinion on this. I feel like I can’t even invest in a toon anymore due to the lack of confidence I have in CG at the moment. Hopefully you can make it right and change my opinion.

Replies

• I get it CG...don’t figure out anything using skill. You will just take it away. Got it. What should I farm next boss?
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    I get it CG...don’t figure out anything using skill. You will just take it away. Got it. What should I farm next boss?

Same feeling, the last sentence! Its no fun really.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Grimstoned wrote: »
    I get it CG...don’t figure out anything using skill. You will just take it away. Got it. What should I farm next boss?

I can’t even trust them with who to farm next, Sith Assassin is proof
  • JKA isn’t beating their newest character he’s beating EVERYTHING - you can actually put him on a DR team and he’s better than a character with synergy!
    It’s funny that the same people who complained about Revan being too powerful, seem totally ok with JKA being too powerful....
    It’s almost like people only like OP characters if they own them :)
  • Well looks like if it’s not new, and not expensive then don't even try to use it or else. We have been warned.
  • JKA isn’t beating their newest character he’s beating EVERYTHING - you can actually put him on a DR team and he’s better than a character with synergy!
    It’s funny that the same people who complained about Revan being too powerful, seem totally ok with JKA being too powerful....

Did you tried him against any team besides DR /Sith leads? Did you tried to use him against JKR?
    He was a counter to DR/Malak teams, and was a lot of RNG dependent, I did 5 fights today against DRs and lost 4 of them due to DR teams going after Anakin

Coming from someone who has both Revans, I know that their both too powerful. This game has taken a major step in making toons that are so op you have to read a book to know how they work. GMY can take close to 3 turns in a row if he’s fast enough and hits like a fire truck under Revan but he’s not getting nerfed or reworked? But somehow it’s ok for them to change JKA bc he can beat a Drevan team with Malak on offense? Who cares what team comp he’s on, he’s not soloing raids or breaking the game in anyway, he’s just beating teams on offense. Stop buying their excuses.
  • I have a G12 Ani and I'm struggling to make top 20 so it's not the be all and end all; and yes I have god mods - just need some G12+ pieces on Ani I think
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    They need to stop catering to krakens that lack know how and only buy everything to bully the player base with little effort and skill.
  • Exactly. If whales are losing, they need to git gud. Don't punish players that have already gotten good.

Really frustrating and worried with how the game has been hearing this last half year
  • The testing referred to in his blog post is the player base I believe. There is no testing before a character is released
  • I gear up Sith Assassin,right after I got Darth Raven. Put a lot of gear on the toon. One g12 piece from having her complete, Malak came. I spent money to get DR. And spent all my gear in gearing them up to use. I messed up .... my Mission was to low to get Malak ... if I had the gear from Sith Assassin I would have gotten Malak. I know I would have because I be close enough to spend money .... so you nerf EP. And on that day you redid JKA kit. So I started to work on him. And now he is broken.... you can’t even give us the right info.... I am not a big spender.... but I have spent money on this game ... so why I feel like I can’t even get the right information to spend my money wisely ?
  • Yep, I just laughed hard at "thousands of man-hours of testing per release".
    Thought was crumb job to come with those funny jokes.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • The testing referred to in his blog post is the player base I believe. There is no testing before a character is released

From what I read, it stated that they put thousands of man hours in testing before release, and that the player base elapses and surpasses that quickly.

Anakin is the chosen one. End of discussion.
  • This is nothing new. I can’t remember a release that CG haven’t made a complete mess of recently.

Separatists was a complete bait and switch

Darth Revan has had loads of problems leading to nerfs to Palpatine.

Malak was released with no warning and dumps all over release cadence.

Anakin is now going to be nerfed 2 seconds after being released. Do some testing, Jesus.
  • They've lost control of the game. Plain and simple.
  • Exactly. If whales are losing, they need to git gud. Don't punish players that have already gotten good.

Really frustrating and worried with how the game has been hearing this last half year

I sent a message to you via budkremus, something I can’t say here. But really, your premise is wrong.

• Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I feel like I can’t even invest in a toon anymore due to the lack of confidence I have in CG at the moment.

Or just don't spend hundreds of dollars buying gear for a new or reworked character 1-2 days after they drop because, if there's a game-breaking issue with a character, it's most likely going to be discovered in the first 48 hours. It's not like you can do that much farming in 1-2 days so the "investing" that people did in Anakin was with cash....not smart to dump a bunch of cash on something brand-new that might end up getting nerfed.
  • Seriously...just amateur to change everything after you screwed up. 5hey players found ways to use what you put out and it hurts their feelings...so now threats to "fix it". Just amateurish.
  • Grimstoned wrote: »
    Well looks like if it’s not new, and not expensive then don't even try to use it or else. We have been warned.

Grimstoned gets it.
  • Me : "Huh looks like CLS works against Dre just fine, I'll just keep trying to get them as fast as possible and drop more g12 gear on them ."

CG : *snicker snicker* "Malak's here!"

Me : "Ok...looks like CLS is pretty much toast unless my opponent has horrible mods...Well hot diggity dog! Palp and friends is a great counter! Revan may have made Traya and crew obsolete in the meta but I should really start gearing them up now and take a break from Rebels!"

CG : "Yeah, we dont like this team, its working as intended but we just dont like it, you cant use it anymore."

Me : "Ok...this is a set back...I just invested zetas and gear in a faction I cant use in arena anymore, but I'm unlocking Revan this cycle and Hyoda seems to be working somewhat. I'll try and unlock this guy as fast as I can!

CG : "Were not addressing the Palp nerf, but here's some reworked Clone Wars peeps, enjoy."

Me : "Wow!!! Anakin actually stands a chance against this JKR 2.0 meta! I should stop farming for Hyoda and farm this guy! This will save me the most resources.

CG : "We dont like Anakin either. You might as well stop investing in him, you know how we do things, see you Monday."

Carrie may have implied that were all annoying and mean, and Erik may have said that we keep discovering game breaking mechanics and everything would be fine if we played the way they intended and "tested" but having to constantly switch farms and go back to the drawing board repeatedly isn't annoying and game breaking when characters are literally getting broken in Dre and Malak's honor?
  • Ninho
    92 posts Member
    I would like most of the above mentioned comments 10 times.
    Just frustrating when every counter/solution gets nerfed (NS, Finn, EP, JKA, ITF & Reaper, maybe next Droids and Zombie)...
  • Anakin is the chosen one, he shoud be very very strong.
    Revan, Malak an Co and all this stupid KOTOR stuff don't exist!
    Star was is the movie saga, all the rest is just seasoning....

Ok, seriously:
    I have g12 Anakin, I worked on his mods to boost offence, and I tried various lineups under Jedi Revan lead or Bastila lead.
    I had 3 wins and 4 terrible incredibly fast defeteats vs DRevan-Malak teams.... it seems to be veeeeery far from a guaranteed victory... I have similar or better outcome using New Hope team vs DRevan-Malak.

All this "policy" of nerfing everything goes agaist their pre-planned plot is disgusting.
    If their new ridiculous champion is not able to defeat everything, if their ridiculous new champion is not unbeatable unless in a mirror match... what do they do?
    They change the rules!!
    Unacceptable!
  • GG via a similar mech kills DR DM team quicker n more reliable. Gonna nerf droids to?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The worst part is that we can't rely on anything anymore. Are droids getting nerfed? Is something going to be done about zombie lead? What is true today can be completely false tomorrow.
    By all means, make the new thing completely dominant if you wish, but give us something we can count on. The damage in player trust will be hard to repair.

Anakin does not beat everything. That’s coming from someone who is not interested in anyone having a fighting chance.

Anakin is easy to target & easy to kill.
  • It's almost as if they're prepared for the game to end, if they lose enough of the player base due to constant nerfs they have an excuse to shut it down. They don't care about the players at all, the bottom line is money.
    They create the character and don't test it - not our fault, someone finds a toon to beat their latest and greatest, again, not our fault. Stop punishing the community for your own short sightedness, clearly atm you have no clue what you're doing.