Why did I invest in Malak?

Prev1
He is not helping me win a single match. My opponents have slightly faster DR and the match is over in 30 seconds weather or not they have Malak. I am the only one in my chard with G12+ Malak. This is my first ever post so please enligheten me without any attacks on my competence.

My advice atm is to not invest in him at all unless you have a DR that is faster than most in your chard. And if you do have that fast DR there is no need for Malak. You win without him within 30 seconds Anyway.

Replies

• Right, speed mods wins. Get yourself +160 speed mods on all team and team composition will not be so important.
  • I invest in mods but only about 1/15 tries result in speed stat increasing. When I buy purple/yellow mods with 5 speed all stats except speed increase. I am trying but it is not working.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    My DR is slowest in the shard and I still can win 99%. Key - ST and very quick Bastila. And understanding how it all works. That is an important part too
  • Armatores wrote: »
    Right, speed mods wins. Get yourself +160 speed mods on all team and team composition will not be so important.

OMG dude that's it! Now let me farm a dozen +25 speed mods real quick!
  • Wrathe
    197 posts Member
    This is pretty much where I'm at as well.
    I haven't been able to make payout lately because of it. My max speed kit possible is +149, and that just isn't enough. I invest a lot in mods and have played steady since the release of the game, but random is random.

The current meta is playing out as fastest wins always and it's really more due to Corrupted Battle Meditation than anything Malak related.
  • My Bastilla is 285 but my opponents are faster judst like their DR. So that tactic will not help. ST will not help me (I have him) since their DR and Badtillas are faster. Are you saying you would still win by understanding How it all works? My DR is 310 which is too slow.

Ratinira wrote: »
    My DR is slowest in the shard and I still can win 99%. Key - ST and very quick Bastila. And understanding how it all works. That is an important part too

• Zagrey
    54 posts Member
    same here. no mater how good your toons are - if you're not lucky enough to have 3-5 sets of 150-160 speed - there's no chance to win.

new meta is extremely poor design in terms of mirror matches
  • Don’t get smart saying invest in speed mods.

speed
    Armatores wrote: »
    Right, speed mods wins. Get yourself +160 speed mods on all team and team composition will not be so important.

I have played this game since lauch and my best speed set is +145

The chances of rolling 22+ mods which are necessary to reach 160+ are mildly Abysmal. This means that it is outright poor design to allow a Meta that punishes anyone who does not have that super speed set...

Revan, bastila fallen and malak are indeed NOT WORTH the investment unless you have GOD mode speed mods...
  • If for Arena what you say is 100% correct. Save your money and gear for something else.

[quote="GreenMachine;c

Revan, bastila fallen and malak are indeed NOT WORTH the investment unless you have GOD mode speed mods...[/quote]

• Same. I have a fast DR team (314), but not the fastest. Basicaly I have no chance of winning against faster DR teams. Had I iust use my JKR, id probably have a little bit chance.
    That cant be right. If DR/Malak teams are not even good on offense, then I dont know what they are good for.
  • My Bastilla is 285 but my opponents are faster judst like their DR. So that tactic will not help. ST will not help me (I have him) since their DR and Badtillas are faster. Are you saying you would still win by understanding How it all works? My DR is 310 which is too slow.

Give DRevans mods to Basty. Mine DR is 275 or something like that.
  • I invest in mods but only about 1/15 tries result in speed stat increasing. When I buy purple/yellow mods with 5 speed all stats except speed increase. I am trying but it is not working.

Gotta shoot for that 1/14 now ;)
  • Malak or no, if you're going up against a faster DR then you need a pre-taunting tank. Sith Trooper is your best option, while Shore Trooper is close behind despite lacking specific synergies. I don't even have DR and I know this :/
  • Malak or no, if you're going up against a faster DR then you need a pre-taunting tank. Sith Trooper is your best option, while Shore Trooper is close behind despite lacking specific synergies. I don't even have DR and I know this :/

he already has Sith Trooper, but if Drevan or Badstila go first it's still an L
  • Which is why malak should have a pretaunt it could change it up especially with a few other tweeks they could get ride of the sith enemies cant gain tm and still stop emp and give a little more diversity in team comps mayne not so much in meta keeping it how they want it malaks kit lacks a few key things to make him a complete game changer especially as a tank in mirror matches normally after the first set of moves he no longer taunts cause of cbm and as long as u kill him last he does nothing cause u just apply shock at that point so he cant heal and ge gets maybe 1 or 2 bonus turns and hes dead. So with the pretaunt u can drop trooper for murader or sass if they dropped the new sith enemie part and if malak had synergy with ferocity reducing the defense penalty would allow the team to be tankier as not to loose all defense immediately and makes him a target a bit more and maybe add cbm to his taunt?
  • He is not helping me win a single match. My opponents have slightly faster DR and the match is over in 30 seconds weather or not they have Malak. I am the only one in my chard with G12+ Malak. This is my first ever post so please enligheten me without any attacks on my competence.

My advice atm is to not invest in him at all unless you have a DR that is faster than most in your chard. And if you do have that fast DR there is no need for Malak. You win without him within 30 seconds Anyway.
    I’m not even dropping out of the top 10 - Jan ‘16 shard too.

If your DR is being beaten for speed, load your fastest mods into BSF.

• Which is why malak should have a pretaunt it could change it up especially with a few other tweeks they could get ride of the sith enemies cant gain tm and still stop emp and give a little more diversity in team comps mayne not so much in meta keeping it how they want it malaks kit lacks a few key things to make him a complete game changer especially as a tank in mirror matches normally after the first set of moves he no longer taunts cause of cbm and as long as u kill him last he does nothing cause u just apply shock at that point so he cant heal and ge gets maybe 1 or 2 bonus turns and hes dead. So with the pretaunt u can drop trooper for murader or sass if they dropped the new sith enemie part and if malak had synergy with ferocity reducing the defense penalty would allow the team to be tankier as not to loose all defense immediately and makes him a target a bit more and maybe add cbm to his taunt?

Good points made here.
    SiT is pretty bad under DR, as ferocity instantly takes away his defense/tenacity which makes him good normally.. The only reason he's a must is the pre taunt.
    If Malak got a pre taunt, then we could replace SiT, opening up new oportunities. Dual pre taunt tank is nice, but marauder is probably better.
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    My Bastilla is 285 but my opponents are faster judst like their DR. So that tactic will not help. ST will not help me (I have him) since their DR and Badtillas are faster. Are you saying you would still win by understanding How it all works? My DR is 310 which is too slow.

you have very easy arena:) guys from mine have average bastilla abt 305-310
    and some also have DR @ 315-320

• Jarvind
    3925 posts Member

This is such a worthless comment, and people always say this as if you have any control at all over whether you get 20+ speed mods.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    He is not helping me win a single match. My opponents have slightly faster DR and the match is over in 30 seconds weather or not they have Malak. I am the only one in my chard with G12+ Malak. This is my first ever post so please enligheten me without any attacks on my competence.

Do you guys really not understand the mechanics yet of how swapping your best set to Bastila instead of revan makes you much worse?

Unless you have two sets that are top of your shard speed. It's better on defense to keep your best set on revan. If you come across a team with their fastest mod set on Bastila instead of revan, put your fastest set on your own revan so you go first. And instead of putting out fear, use the shock aoe. You will win in 30 seconds.

Putting the fastest set on Basti is not any good at all on defense if your shard figures it out.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »

Do you guys really not understand the mechanics yet of how swapping your best set to Bastila instead of revan makes you much worse?

Unless you have two sets that are top of your shard speed. It's better on defense to keep your best set on revan. If you come across a team with their fastest mod set on Bastila instead of revan, put your fastest set on your own revan so you go first. And instead of putting out fear, use the shock aoe. You will win in 30 seconds.

Putting the fastest set on Basti is not any good at all on defense if your shard figures it out.

Here's how this reads:

"You guys are all dumb, because you don't do a thing that I do, which I'm not going to explain because I'm probably lying."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »

Here's how this reads:

"You guys are all dumb, because you don't do a thing that I do, which I'm not going to explain because I'm probably lying."

https://youtu.be/PxQobpfS5Qs

Watch and pay attention to who takes turns. You'll see their Bastila is faster than my Bastila. And because I shocked their whole team instead of using fear, it's the easiest way to win a mirror against a player who swaps their mods to Basti instead of keeping them on revan.

What you meant to say was you are too lazy to try actual strategies that may work on your own game, and would rather just go on forums and complain about everything cause that's easier.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    I doubt stormtrooper is any help 🤔
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

This is such a worthless comment, and people always say this as if you have any control at all over whether you get 20+ speed mods.

ofcourse you do, farm more mods. Ofcourse some players are more lucky than others, but it's not like you don't have any control over it whatsoever.
    Most of the time i face a player who has a faster speed set than me, they also have more +10's and vice versa. Imo that's a better indication of how many modfarming someone has done since it's less dependent on RNG.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • That's not most likely Malak's fault. That's probably because you have atrocious mods and because you modded him poorly. Don't worry anyway, CG is making anything they can to make sure that all of you who spent your coins on him are pretty much unbeatable.
  • Zagrey wrote: »
    My Bastilla is 285 but my opponents are faster judst like their DR. So that tactic will not help. ST will not help me (I have him) since their DR and Badtillas are faster. Are you saying you would still win by understanding How it all works? My DR is 310 which is too slow.

you have very easy arena:) guys from mine have average bastilla abt 305-310
    and some also have DR @ 315-320

Maybe. Or maybe not. Majority of DR in my arena has 315+ speed. So my DR will miss his first turn anyway. But as long as my Basti can silence enemy before enemy silences her there is a very good chance to win.
  • Wrathe
    197 posts Member
    I think my tip of the spear is broken. :wink:
  • leef wrote: »

ofcourse you do, farm more mods. Ofcourse some players are more lucky than others, but it's not like you don't have any control over it whatsoever.
    Most of the time i face a player who has a faster speed set than me, they also have more +10's and vice versa. Imo that's a better indication of how many modfarming someone has done since it's less dependent on RNG.

I’m still bitter about mods. I originally farmed only the purple and gold mods, and spent my refreshes on searching for the best high tier mods in the store I was rewarded with some of the best mods on my server. Then 6 dot mods come and everyone got to upgrade their mods and mine are already capped out. Outside of a temporary advantage while everyone else needed to accumulate extra slicing materials, I’ve fallen so far behind on mods.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

I’m still bitter about mods. I originally farmed only the purple and gold mods, and spent my refreshes on searching for the best high tier mods in the store I was rewarded with some of the best mods on my server. Then 6 dot mods come and everyone got to upgrade their mods and mine are already capped out. Outside of a temporary advantage while everyone else needed to accumulate extra slicing materials, I’ve fallen so far behind on mods.

That's a fair critisisme, but doesn't necessarily make what i said less true.
    Save water, drink champagne!