How Long Do We Have To Wait Until We're Allowed To Beat Malak?

Prev1
Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
CG, since it's clear your intention is to simply nerf anything but a mirror that can beat Malak, given the quick Malak rework and now the ominous tone regarding the recently reworked Anakin, I just would like to know how long we have to allow Malak to keep winning in arena before we are actually allowed to play against him?

@CG_Carrie - I'll hang up and listen for my answer.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    More importantly, how long do we have to wait until we can be reasonably sure that the kit we see is the final version? Not just with Malak and Anakin, but any new release.
  • When will p3 sith raid stop being sacred?

After all of this - and maybe more to come with more jedis being introduced or touched up-

Maybe they should just revert back to the Finn loop. Just have multiple teams beating each other - the diffeeence being what holds the best. That’s the meta - I drop less with this squad.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CG, since it's clear your intention is to simply nerf anything but a mirror that can beat Malak, given the quick Malak rework and now the ominous tone regarding the recently reworked Anakin, I just would like to know how long we have to allow Malak to keep winning in arena before we are actually allowed to play against him?

Exactly one week after you unlock him :)
  • Only Darth Credit Card shall beat Malak.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

We’re not even allowed to ask yet.

• Remember when the devs were like, "paper zombie, cool innovation! well done, players!"...now player creativity is viewed as a threat to the game which must be constantly fought against by the devs. Too bad.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Next time Malak event comes around, if history is any indication.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Im guessing about 3-6 months so about the same as jkr then the new meta will be released
  • I’m guessing using history as a possible answer....3-6 months. If I added up the money to get my Old Republic 7* to get JKR/added up the gear to get my Old Republic to beat Darth Revan/added up gear to get Old republics to 17,500 power/finally added up money to get malek to g11...I would hope they would give us at least 3-6 months.

This Old Republic nonsense is the most expensive annoying thing to happen to this game.

Now with that being said...I hated the JKR mirror match meta cause it was way to slow for battles...I’m fastly starting to hate the DarthRevan/Malek meta as well...sure the battles are fast...despite having faster mods I see my team losing a lot on offense.

Arena has turned into a coin toss and it’s not fun. Here I am trying to save crystals cause I get rank 1 everyday...and I’m having to refresh arena 3 times a day because of Rng oriented ****.

This game isn’t fun at all anymore.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Im guessing about 3-6 months so about the same as jkr then the new meta will be released

Lol - I think you're missing my point. They didn't go around nerfing everything that players used to beat JKR like they are now. This micro-managing by "reworks" and direct and indirect nerfs is a new low - even for CG.

There was a time in this game's history when strategic and innovative play and good theorycrafting was rewarded. Now it's punished by nerfs, as CG has decided to prescribe play and directly manipulate players' ability to play the game.

Honestly, I'm thinking about simply renaming my account "CG's Puppet" - because that's all we are. We either play the game the way they want - or they simply nerf us to force us to do so.

Example:
    CG: "Farm MORE Kotor for DR + Malak"
    Players: "No, thank you, some of us don't like Kotor, so we'll figure out ways to beat him instead."
    CG: **Nerfs Palpatine/Triumverate teams vs. Malak** - oh, but refunds gear for those who had DR and Sass, since they followed orders.
    Players: "Well, thank you for reworking Anakin, the Chosen One, we'll try him"
    CG: "No..you won't"

I mean seriously, what's next? Is CG just going to fight my fleet and arena battles for me? And just tell me whether I won or lost based on whether or not I used the "allowed" characters or not? :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    How long has Malak actually been worth it so far?

He hasn't been unbeatable yet to ftp.

Considering they are refunding now...malak owners should have his dominance extended for time lost.
    Im guessing about 3-6 months so about the same as jkr then the new meta will be released

Lol - I think you're missing my point. They didn't go around nerfing everything that players used to beat JKR like they are now. This micro-managing by "reworks" and direct and indirect nerfs is a new low - even for CG.

True, at least with JKR you could use a couple other teams (CLS Rebels and JTR Resistance) to beat him. It wasn't super consistent, but could be done. If they go through with an Anakin nerf then there'll be nothing to compete with DR/Malak teams; it'll be mirrors only.

• RevanRevanMalak
    41 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    they nerfed everything in direction the newest heroes... like hard nodes as well... because they want the whales to shine in these areas.
  • greycloak wrote: »
    Remember when the devs were like, "paper zombie, cool innovation! well done, players!"...now player creativity is viewed as a threat to the game which must be constantly fought against by the devs. Too bad.

To be fair, they have never liked when players figure out a way to best their new $$ content without buying the new $$ toys. Remember nute and the jawas?

The fact is whales pay the bills but they don't keep the game alive. Its having 10 million or whatever people all participating in what is supposed to a contest of skill.

Once that is compromised and the player base is fooled 1 too many times it's over and the game folds. It has happened to every skinner box game before now (evony, marvel contest of champions, etc) and it is happening to this one.

The 5 year plan is meaningless since no development team has ever proven competent enough to create a game that new players are willing to invest in but that doesn't alienate the 3-4-5 year veterans.

Some day soon, Jedi Luke will get released, he will be impossible to obtain without $$, he will one shot any and every toon, then 6 months later he will get re-released, nerfed, and 2 months later the game will shut down once the very last of the whales has been harvested for its blubber.

This game started out with integrity and they waited almost 2 years longer than any game before to start the greedy endgame cash grab, so for that I thank CG, but now they're pretty much like all the rest.
  • Was saying this earlier in my guildie chat :))

vxl9q8gyzkb2.png

your move CG, prove me wrong!
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Was saying this earlier in my guildie chat :))

vxl9q8gyzkb2.png

your move CG, prove me wrong!

prove him right actually. This would be acceptable compensation for the disgrace of having old characters beat him since release.

only instead of coin flip...just let it be decided the usual way.
  • Robomechazoid
    87 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Whales already bought Malak. I'm a whale and I don't mind Malak getting beat. I enjoy the diverse meta more pre EP L nerf
    Players: "Well, thank you for reworking Anakin, the Chosen One, we'll try him"
    CG: "No..you won't"

This is kind of the crux of the matter and it's depressing. No longer is innovation and resourcefulness appreciated...just cash.

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Honest question, since during the CLS meta I was running Wiggs.... Did anything beat CLS?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    They’re just pushing to hard to release stuff too quickly. If they’d wait literally 5 more minutes they’d realize that x rework is op, or that y old meta toon counters malak. They’ve always sukked at planning and play testing, and that shows the most right now. I’d honestly rather wait longer for something that I know will be good/bad/average than have something that gets changed 5 times in a few weeks.

And, if preferable, you can answer on Twitter though.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Honest question, since during the CLS meta I was running Wiggs.... Did anything beat CLS?

GK/Zarris and NS both could, since that was pre-Chewbacca and pre-C3P0. There were probably others as well.

• Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    They’re just pushing to hard to release stuff too quickly. If they’d wait literally 5 more minutes they’d realize that x rework is op, or that y old meta toon counters malak. They’ve always sukked at planning and play testing, and that shows the most right now. I’d honestly rather wait longer for something that I know will be good/bad/average than have something that gets changed 5 times in a few weeks.

agreed.

They should have this all worked out prior to releasing the marquee and beginning the countdown.
    DR allowed for too much time where more ftp got him than they would have liked and it's been a mess ever since.

When CG decides they’ve made as much money as they can. So most likely it will be the second go around of Malak and Darth Revan.

Morale of the story is that unless you spends thousands on this game, you will always be left disappointed
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Is he actually unbeatable though? (without ani ofc)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • “Im...impossible. I...I cannot be beaten. I am the Dark Lord of the Sith.” - Darth Malak

“We got you bae.” - CG
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I don’t mind rebalancing Anakin, i’m neutral about it. I’m just confused why CG suddenly cares about arena balance.

They always kept arena on its own, no matter how silly it was. JKR was immediately beaten by Nightsisters and they said paper zombie is an ok strategy until it interfered with PvE content like Sith Raid.

They let zFinn stay for so long and the HK droid meta for 2-3 years even if they destroyed every single meta, even Traya

We’ve had tons of shiny toys immediately beaten by obscure toons or other meta teams and they never cared, so why micromanage squad arena now? The best part about squad arena is that you can run any mix of team no matter how broken and it’s legal