No block

My overall opinion on the game is that it's fun and all. Attacks and special attacks are good but NO option to block??? I just think that the game could do with a block button in battles.

Replies

• do you even
  • Interesting idea for a mechanic but I have no idea how that would function in this game, based upon the amount of abilities and attacks all of the characters have.
  • A lot of rpgs have a defend option. Cuts damage received for one turn but you can't attack. It would be an interesting feature.

+1
  • We could use a defend option in battle. I have come across many times where I could use it. Particularly when Its my healers turn to attack, they have 5% health left.. and all options left to attack is someone who will counter attack and kill the healer.
  • I would want a block, or skip turn option for my characters... A number of times in the Galactic war, my main team gets messed over because I can't fire a heal before finishing off the enemy. So the very next node, my weakest character often gets wasted before i get a chance to do anything!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Skye wrote: »
    I would want a block, or skip turn option for my characters... A number of times in the Galactic war, my main team gets messed over because I can't fire a heal before finishing off the enemy. So the very next node, my weakest character often gets wasted before i get a chance to do anything!

I think though, this adds more to the strategic element and adds a risk and challenge.
  • Bad idea. It makes attacking in PvP that much stronger than defending, when you already have a huge advantage by merit of being able to outwit the AI. Only way it would be a viable mechanic is if it were to be available for PvE only, since some of the encounters are purposely broken to force you to buy/farm certain characters in order to be able to 3 star them. Barring having allies with very strong characters that counter the enemies used in said encounters.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • I like the idea of a block stat. It could refine battle a little bit more. Instead of having evasion only, you could apply a block modifier to defensive toons, and dodge modifier to offensive toons, and tanks could have one or the other, or a mix of both, which could provide another dimension.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Bad idea. It makes attacking in PvP that much stronger than defending, when you already have a huge advantage by merit of being able to outwit the AI. Only way it would be a viable mechanic is if it were to be available for PvE only, since some of the encounters are purposely broken to force you to buy/farm certain characters in order to be able to 3 star them. Barring having allies with very strong characters that counter the enemies used in said encounters.

I was thinking about this too. A counter chance could be added to a block to make sure that doesn't happen. There are a lot of ways to apply it while also keeping it balanced I think.

I like the idea mostly because it gives the tanks a way to stand out. If applied correctly it might even counter their low DMG. I still heavily depend on chewy for my team. He is the last original toon I use. Do any of you top dogs use any of the tanks anymore?

• Maybe only give tanks block, and by block I mean shield another ally or reduce dmg they take by taking half of it too.
  • do you guys want EA to implement shields too for blocking?
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    I don't really care how they apply a block, or even if they implement a block at all...
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Maybe they create a gungan with a % block chance using an energy shield! Or Droids!
  • Ughhh I pray for a droideka to be added soon, either as a tank or aoe attacker.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    In Star Wars Galaxies they were pretty tanky.

In the movies they were tanks too right? They rolled up and popped shields right?
  • Loce wrote: »

In the movies they were tanks too right? They rolled up and popped shields right?

They are very tanky in most games aye, but also deal huge dmg. I mean, Jedi refer to them as Destroyer droids, because of their raw firepower while protected by their shields, also they are very anti Jedi against those who aren't well trained in form V/Shien (Deflection against blasters etc) because of their firing speed. Maybe they will be the first tank/attacker hybrid :D
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Loce wrote: »

They are very tanky in most games aye, but also deal huge dmg. I mean, Jedi refer to them as Destroyer droids, because of their raw firepower while protected by their shields, also they are very anti Jedi against those who aren't well trained in form V/Shien (Deflection against blasters etc) because of their firing speed. Maybe they will be the first tank/attacker hybrid :D

In EA/CG opinion, every tank that goes for dex is a tank/attacker hybrid... They just don't tank nor attack, but yeah i guess that's their "role" Ex: ST Han, Poe
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    also they are very anti Jedi against those who aren't well trained in form V/Shien

Whoa...dropping some Star Wars knowledge!!! Nice

• Skye wrote: »
    I would want a block, or skip turn option for my characters... A number of times in the Galactic war, my main team gets messed over because I can't fire a heal before finishing off the enemy. So the very next node, my weakest character often gets wasted before i get a chance to do anything!

Skip would be useful in PvP and PvE more but attackers already have a huge advantage over defenders due to ****** AI.

In GW you can always retreat if it's your turn. Just swap out the damaged toon until it's safe to put them back in for healing / cool downs. This is why I love Bariss or Chewie teams in GW as enemies, gives plenty of chance to heal up while chipping away at them and they don't do any serious damage.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762