Disheartened by the grievous rework? Never fear... BB8 makes the team amazing!

Replies

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    @Smapty is a Zeta on IG-88 really useful, when he is a leader?

So far the setup with IG-88 as a leader works pretty well, but I'm missing a zeta there and was wondering does it stops Malak and HK healing?

Thx.

@Sarbitar I assume it does help at least to some degree... It’s hard to tell since the battles be DR are pretty quick and mostly just about doing as much damage as possible as quickly as possible...

I have been playing around with 88 lead lately since I want GG out of the lead to avoid him getting deathmark and living as long as possible to keep using his aoe against the other team..
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    I'd really like to gear up my droid but I hate the idea of breaking off BB8 from the resistance squad. What 5 would you guys recommend w/o BB8?
  • BB8 is such a blessing. Just unlocked him today, and already I can tell my arena rank with droids will go from around 1300 in squad arena to around 900 with him at G8. He's so good.
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @Shok if you want to use GG without BB8, I would go full separatists droid. But you won't be able to beat JKR or DR with them.

Thats what I was afraid of 😂

I really enjoyed reading about your GG/B2/BB8/T3M4/IPD squad @Sarbitar
    Would T3M4 or IPD be a reasonable substitute for Magnagaurd or is that group to dependent on the initial turnmeter from BB8?
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I guess what I'm looking for is some combination of droids that does NOT include Magnaguard (gear investment to character return feels bad) or BB8 (b/c resistance).
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Shok wrote: »
    I guess what I'm looking for is some combination of droids that does NOT include Magnaguard (gear investment to character return feels bad) or BB8 (b/c resistance).

You can use Jawa engineer for the same initial TM boost effect that BB8 gives but it’s not as effective of a team overall
  • Smapty wrote: »
    Shok wrote: »

You can use Jawa engineer for the same initial TM boost effect that BB8 gives but it’s not as effective of a team overall

Would such a team still be able to beat JKR or DR on offense in say GA? I'm gearing up my Grievous right now and there's no way I'm postponing my DR and JKR grinds for first order lol.
  • @Smapty @Sarbitar

What's your rationale behind using ig88 instead of hk? I feel like hk offers more than 88 for burst?
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    @Smapty @Sarbitar

What's your rationale behind using ig88 instead of hk? I feel like hk offers more than 88 for burst?

I tryed 88 because my HK isn’t geared and the deathmark kills GG at leader. https://youtu.be/UHxrdM-llGs. Worked great yesterday today couldn’t get it to work .
  • Thanks, i do know the rationale behind using a different leader to grievous when drevan is lead (I've been running droids in arena for some time) just not sure how 88 would be better than hk as leader.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Have a crazy thought to try Boba at leader low crystals though hard test when ftp. Boba leadership plus 10per cc 50per cd for all allies. The debuffs speed him and 88 up and the opening aoes ability blocks will become ferocity should help opening GG aoe . @smapty what do u think . If Boba gets a second turn should be a easy annililate.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    @CosmicJ first, he gives target locks, and if zetad that prevents malak and hk from healing, which is great.

Secondly... It's very funny when ig with deathmark dodges five times in a row :). He has 50% from target locked enemies, so this is sometimes great.

And as a bonus he gives crit chance, and hits a lot harder than hk.

Thanks sarb, that makes a lot of sense. I'll try it out for funsies :)
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    It doesn’t lol
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Thought the debuffs on the field would fuel his tm to go first it doesn’t
  • Has anyone tried Chief Nebit. She/He(?) can call two droids to assist and can reduce droid cooldowns.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Way back used in the Hk meta wasn’t bad at all don’t think works in my arena
  • I just got under 500 for the first time today with droids. I'm so happy. Hoping I can keep it till payout time. Thanks for the help, guys. If your wondering, I'm basically f2p, and have only played for around a year. I'm using zzGG G12, IG88 G12, B2 G12, zT3 G11 (the stacking effects one, not the defense pen), and BB8 G8. I assume I should get B2s zeta next.
    :)
  • Then IGs, or IG first?
  • I just got under 500 for the first time today with droids. I'm so happy. Hoping I can keep it till payout time. Thanks for the help, guys. If your wondering, I'm basically f2p, and have only played for around a year. I'm using zzGG G12, IG88 G12, B2 G12, zT3 G11 (the stacking effects one, not the defense pen), and BB8 G8. I assume I should get B2s zeta next.

Bb8's health and protection off of evasion zeta is very, very helpful under a gg lead. Bb8 always taunts and evades a lot.
    His zeta got me back in the top 200 and lets me stay there over night.

Bb8's health and protection off of evasion zeta is very, very helpful under a gg lead. Bb8 always taunts and evades a lot.
    His zeta got me back in the top 200 and lets me stay there over night.

I purposely havent given his first special the omega because I dont want him to taunt. It helps me get illuminated destiny a lot of the time.
  • Grievous Buff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • With the addition of Wat Tambor, what will be the best team? Full separatists? 4 separatists and BB8? Any opinions?
  • I'm excited for that Magnaguard buff. That will help a ton with JKR without needing to separate bb8 from RJT.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    I know it’s against the rules to necro, but I’m pumped at what I read from Tophat's post today!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206594/changes-to-general-grievous-and-magnaguard

So, GG and Magna just got a whole lot better

Hope y'all who haven't geared him already are ready for the gear wall that is Magnacarb
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be