An actual competitive arena?

I want to ask the moderators to allow this conversation some time to happen and not move or merge this post because I believe that this is a conversation that we must have.

Idk how many of you here watch sports, I like sports and as a sports fan I hate it when my team loses. If it was possible for my team to win every title and cup that it participates in; as a fan I would love that. It's not uncommon for sports to have one team buy the best players in the league and go on a streak where they win every title. I'm sure the team's fans appreciate that and love to see their team win but from an outsider's perspective this is the worst thing that can happen for a league. Having one team constantly win and constantly outperform all others it simply makes the league unfun and unattractive for everyone who isn't a fan of winning team. Competition is a good thing, the ability for multiple teams or players to have a shot at winning. Some times the strongest team is so much stronger than every other that it makes me wonder whether we should just give them a trophy and get them out of the league allowing the 2nd and 3rd and 4th teams to compete for a title themselves. It's like KD going to the warriors and everyone losing their minds, and guess what the warriors won the NBA and it wasn't even close, and apart from warrior's and KD fans fans most people were disappointed.

Whales want the same thing to happen in this game, they get the latest and most powerful characters and they want to keep winning, no competition whatsoever. But for all the other players in arena this is very frustrating. We want a PvP mode that allows us to compete for the top. It's like I don't care if whales get 1st place every time, good for them, but why can't I also claim first? It's not like we all have the same payout and only one person gets it. I feel like it would be better to let everyone who has Malak get 1st place rewards every day and leave the rest of us compete by ourselves for 1st place. I see people ask for Anakin nerfs when Anakin cannot even beat Malak every time, but Anakin can't hold on defense any time. How is this a threat? People keep using exaggerated rhetoric like :"Anakin outperforms Malak". First of all "outperform" is the dumbest statement you can use. Malak can beat all squads in the game, Anakin can't. Malak can some times hold on defense against Anakin, Anakin doesn't last 30 seconds against him. And yeah Anakin can pull some good numbers but Anakin is an attacker and Malak is a tank and despite that, Malak has an ability that almost one shots people. There are many ways to beat Anakin but only one way to beat Malak and some times that doesn't even work.

Then we have arena shard chats. Whether you like it or not almost all shards have chat that coordinates and manages payouts. If you're a whale odds are your not only part of it but probably one of the members that calls the shots. You rotate with others in the payouts so is there even a reason to have a squad that the rest of your shard mates cannot beat? You probably are going to be forced to do an extra battle to swap out Malak so that one of your allies can get in place for their payout. Unless you want to be an @**** and ruin your shard chat because you got an opportunity to kick everyone out now that they are no threat to you. But is this a smart move? One they they will have Malak too and then they won't show any mercy for you.

Lastly let's talk about GA. The mode that was advertised as a competitive mode that was going to challenge us and be a fresh breath of competition to find the best player in the game. Was it all a lie? Is it really in your best interest to turn GA into a p2p mode? Is there going to be any mode left that will maintain its integrity and competitiveness? You nerfed the one squad that could counter Malak already, now you want to counter the second one and this could, for the first time even, leave us with a squad that's unbeatable. Doing that is basically saying that if you don't have Malak and someone in your matchup does you can't win. Is this supposed to be a good thing?

Lastly, I understand how Palpatine is too easy to get, Anakin is also easy to get except there is a major difference here. Anakin can only beat Malak under Revan lead and Revan is one of the newest characters in the game and a journey character. Of course I've seen the nightsister variations which I'm not sure how well they do but all you have to do is rework zombie so that when she revives, revive related bonuses are only granted to nightsisters and that's it, no need to hit Anakin.

I don't care if you go ahead and give whales a complimentary 100k crystals for having Malak, but ruining an entire mode in which everyone participates in is a shame. Anakin doesn't outperform Malak, he simply provides a way for Revan to beat him. But what's even crazier that people seem to forget is that those players who have Malak, also have Anakin themselves and they can also use him to counter other Malak teams in GA or Arena if their mods need work. What do you do in GA when your opponent puts Malak on defense and you put malak on defense and now you're both at a stalemate because no one of you can beat each other's Malak? It's almost like they haven't thought things through. And this last point I think is key to make a case for leaving Anakin alone.

Replies

• I agree but i think they need to make it where there is 3 teams that are viable maybe palps then malak , reven team would be good
  • Palpatine is done dude. Anakin is ONLY viable under Revan and Revan without Anakin cannot function against Malak. This is perfect.
  • We need 3 arenas : one for whales, one for dolphins and one for FTP
  • I agree but i think they need to make it where there is 3 teams that are viable maybe palps then malak , reven team would be good

It already is. Its just that the ever so smart ftp cant comprehend that its drmalak / jkr / gg currently.
    Drmalak auto defeats jkr.
    Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

Thats your rock paper scissors. Play it if thats really what you want.
    But I suppose thats not what you want really. You want nr1 to be served to you on a silver plate with no efforts.
    Its fine, just dont lie to yourselves.

It already is. Its just that the ever so smart ftp cant comprehend that its drmalak / jkr / gg currently.
    Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

But I suppose thats not what you want really. You want nr1 to be served to you on a silver plate with no efforts.

I don't know where u got that GG beats Malak, you keep saying that like it's a fact. Show us some proof
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    few things:

1) the whales I face love competition. I'm ftp and another guy insists on only using droids. What they don't like seeing is an old team come in and wipe the floor with the team they just spent a lot on.

2)They don't call the shots in my shard. And they don't swap out so people can beat them. You have to beat them (see #1)

3)You can get 1st. I do and I'm ftp. It just isn't as simple as some want it to be. You have to have the mods, a plan, manage your resources and learn tactics on top of showing you can play nice.

4)This game is much friendlier to ftp than it's being given credit for by posts like this (see #3)

TLDR....your points sound like you are not at the top because you're asserting things that simply aren't the case.

Lastly...the people behind the game aren't working for free. FTP ain't paying their bills and there are no in game ads.

Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

I don't know where u got that GG beats Malak, you keep saying that like it's a fact. Show us some proof

23 seconds to beat on full auto:
    https://youtu.be/goJRuM8er8w

114k area hit:
    http://i.imgur.com/U1EIOyc.jpg

Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

114k area hit:

Where is Malak?

Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

114k area hit:

Where is Malak?

In the picture.
    114k hit is more than its total health+prot.

Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

114k area hit:

Where is Malak?

In the picture.

On Bastila who probably has a stupid amount of ferocity stacks

Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

114k area hit:

Where is Malak?

In the picture.

Ok, heres a full battle. Fast forward it to 3:09
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O90Vj1ohjew

Malak is one shot.

Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

114k area hit:

Where is Malak?

In the picture.

Malak is one shot.

So why is it ok for Droids and Grievous to trash Malak but Anakin can't?

Look at how basic this squad is, HK, GG, T3, BB8, B2. Except T3 everyone else in this squad is old and easily obtainable.

Now loo at Revan, Anakin, Bastila, Jolee, Yoda. Revan Bastila and Jolee are all still new characters, Revan is a journey character who unlocks at 7 stars. So it doesn't bother you that GG one shots Malak under HK lead, but it bothers you that Anakin does it under Revan lead?

Why does GG rework deserves this and Anakin rework doesn't? Is this your personal bias and if so why should it matter?

Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

114k area hit:

Where is Malak?

In the picture.

Malak is one shot.

Look at how basic this squad is, HK, GG, T3, BB8, B2. Except T3 everyone else in this squad is old and easily obtainable.

Now loo at Revan, Anakin, Bastila, Jolee, Yoda. Revan Bastila and Jolee are all still new characters, Revan is a journey character who unlocks at 7 stars. So it doesn't bother you that GG one shots Malak under HK lead, but it bothers you that Anakin does it under Revan lead?

Why does GG rework deserves this and Anakin rework doesn't? Is this your personal bias and if so why should it matter?

Simple. Everyone has a jkr squad. Almost noone has a GG one.
    If you want to rank higher than others, you need to do an investment and have something that others dont. Thats how a healthy game works.

Having a homogene jkr meta in top200 as we've had for the past half year (swapping in jka), is not rock paper scissors.
    It also makes the 500$+ investment in Malak worthless, which would drive whales away. The game needs whales, it cant be argued. Again, for the health of the game. Its not an opinion.

Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

114k area hit:

Where is Malak?

In the picture.

Malak is one shot.

If you want to rank higher than others, you need to do an investment and have something that others dont. Thats how a healthy game works.

Having a homogene jkr meta in top200 as we've had for the past half year (swapping in jka), is not rock paper scissors.
    It also makes the 500$+ investment in Malak worthless, which would drive whales away. The game needs whales, it cant be argued. Again, for the health of the game. Its not an opinion.

Please don't make me laugh, are you forgetting that Revan has only been back once? Top 100 players have him but that's far from everyone. Everyone certainly has Grievous and HK, just not geared up maybe, and they aren't too hard to gear. So buying yourself 2-3 weeks is reason enough to ruin one character but keep another?

The fact that you believe Grievous deserves to beat Malak more than Jedi Revan shows that you're biased.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I didn't read the post, but this game isn't suited for actual competition.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

GA was advertised as such wasn't it? And it can be.

Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

114k area hit:

Where is Malak?

In the picture.

Malak is one shot.

Please don't make me laugh, are you forgetting that Revan has only been back once? Top 100 players have him but that's far from everyone. Everyone certainly has Grievous and HK, just not geared up maybe, and they aren't too hard to gear. So buying yourself 2-3 weeks is reason enough to ruin one character but keep another?

The fact that you believe Grievous deserves to beat Malak more than Jedi Revan shows that you're biased.

I guess youre on a new shard if only a 100 players have jkr.
    That also explains a lot of your understanding of the game.

If you cant see how getting/gearing/zetaing up GG, B2, T3, HK is harder than doing the same with Anakin (oh hold on, Anakin doesnt even need a zeta), then you dont want to see it.
    Just because you like a character, has zero correlation to how the game should work.
    This is a RESOURCE MANAGEMENT game, you dont need to manage resources to gear up Anakin.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Advertised yes, doubt it can be though. i mean, sure, it is competative, but not really.

Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

114k area hit:

Where is Malak?

In the picture.

Malak is one shot.

I guess youre on a new shard if only a 100 players have jkr.
    That also explains a lot of your understanding of the game.

If you cant see how getting/gearing/zetaing up GG, B2, T3, HK is harder than doing the same with Anakin (oh hold on, Anakin doesnt even need a zeta), then you dont want to see it.
    Just because you like a character, has zero correlation to how the game should work.
    This is a RESOURCE MANAGEMENT game, you dont need to manage resources to gear up Anakin.

My shard is getting close to 3 years old. You don't need HK zetas to run the video strategy. You only need 3 omegas for the lead. You don't need BB8's Zetas even tho literally every player who's played for a little while has a g12 BB8. The only characters that need work are Grievous, T3 and maybe B2, most people have a geared b2 because it used to be a useful character before.

You you're basically comparing 2.5 vs 1 characters, that's the difference at best for your argument. It's no more than 2-3 weeks if effort to aquire this squad.

Advertised yes, doubt it can be though. i mean, sure, it is competative, but not really.

The only reason why it's not is because of Revan and Malak and that's why people like me are all over this forum arguing and advising against this

The only reason why it's not is because of Revan and Malak and that's why people like me are all over this forum arguing and advising against this

Dont fool yourself at least. Youre only here arguing this because either 1. You like Anakin's character in the movies, or 2. You havent spent a dime on the game but expect to be able to demolish the whales with 0 effort.
    Probably both.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

That's your opinion, imo the game is just not suited for actual competition. There's little skill involved which leads to other aspects of the game playing a much larger role in the outcome of any competitive play than actual skill. Unless you want to call roster building/resource management a skill ofcourse, but money can buy those "skills" which makes it less of an actual competition.

Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

114k area hit:

Where is Malak?

In the picture.

Malak is one shot.

Are you saying revan is easier to get and more people have him than GG. One of those characters is available from shard shop and it's not JKR lol
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    I agree but i think they need to make it where there is 3 teams that are viable maybe palps then malak , reven team would be good

Gg autodefeats Drmalak.
    Jkr autodefeats Gg.

114k area hit:

Where is Malak?

In the picture.

Malak is one shot.

Are you saying revan is easier to get and more people have him than GG. One of those characters is available from shard shop and it's not JKR lol

GG is also available from ship shipments in case you didn't know. He's also been available since the beginning of the game as opposed to Revan who's less than 8 months old. But who cares, Revan was meta up until a few weeks ago