Malak's "Exclusive" Value...

Prev1
Ninjah9
906 posts Member
This whole cycle of nerfing and buffing Malak to make him uncontested in arena is just a mess. I think this team should have counters, I'm fine with Anakin being able to beat him. Malak doesn't have to be unbeatable in arena for him to be "Exclusive". This game has evolved far beyond just "Arena". Having Malak gives players huge advantages in TW, GA, raids, and the new big competitive mode coming. Where I think the devs made a huge mistake with him was by not giving him a solid leadership ability.

Giving Malak a leadership ability would increase his value, and viability for those game modes that require players to get the most out of their rosters. Whales, and players alike need to catch up with the times, and stop judging a characters "exclusive" value solely based on just arena.

Replies

• Youre wrong in 2 critical points.

Malak can be beaten by f2p: General Grievous.
    Yes, not everyone has that team, but thats the price of overcoming a p2p meta, you need to gear/zeta up something.

Malak isnt good at any other game modes. First of all, beause he needs so much get, he's stuck 5-6 star for many month for the majority. He cant enter raids/meaningful tb territories as that.
    Id be fine if he wasnt for arena, but excellex at something else. But he doesnt. An 500 $+ character SHOULD BE good at SOMETHING.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Even at 7* G12+, Malak isn't very good in raids...
  • We complain because it's advertised as a 'strategy' game, there is no strategy if a FTP has no chance against a whale
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I think anakin should work against malak, but only on a full galactic republic team requiring 5 Zetas to compete. That is the problem with ani right now. Hes on a revan team and doesnt require nearly the investment in resources that a DR team does. So he is out of balance
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Youre wrong in 2 critical points.

Malak can be beaten by f2p: General Grievous.
    Yes, not everyone has that team, but thats the price of overcoming a p2p meta, you need to gear/zeta up something.

Malak isnt good at any other game modes. First of all, beause he needs so much get, he's stuck 5-6 star for many month for the majority. He cant enter raids/meaningful tb territories as that.
    Id be fine if he wasnt for arena, but excellex at something else. But he doesnt. An 500 $+ character SHOULD BE good at SOMETHING.

I know a few teams can beat him ftp, and I think that's great. And I've heard he is great for the sith raid, but yes it will take most a while. But there are some people out there who actually had the currency to buy him 7 star. And suggesting that hes good at nothing is just way off.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Here is a under modded Malak team doing 13 million in damage in the hstr

https://youtu.be/rXcNTvtaL5I
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »

• Ninjah9 wrote: »

13 million? What year is it, 2017?
    My c3po team does between 18-50 million, and it was a free character.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @Ninjah9 I’ve seen you voicing your opinions over on Reddit too 😂 I get the whole don’t nerf Anakin movement but then fix ferocity so his hits don’t go critting for 80k on a sith team. I run a malak team in arena, you kill JKA first then jolee revives, JKA takes a turn and singlehandedly wipes out 4/5 toons. It’s like a mass annihilate.
    This is what rng can do to a better modded sith team. So yeah something needs fixing and I don’t care what it is as long as it gets fixed.

Which c3po team?
  • JasFonz wrote: »
    @Ninjah9 I’ve seen you voicing your opinions over on Reddit too 😂 I get the whole don’t nerf Anakin movement but then fix ferocity so his hits don’t go critting for 80k on a sith team. I run a malak team in arena, you kill JKA first then jolee revives, JKA takes a turn and singlehandedly wipes out 4/5 toons. It’s like a mass annihilate.
    This is what rng can do to a better modded sith team. So yeah something needs fixing and I don’t care what it is as long as it gets fixed.

Appearantly your not too intelligent either. They don't need to nerf JKA. He is fine the way he is. He has to be extremely high geared (g12+) and extremely well modded to do what your saying.

You seem to be under the impression that Dr and malak teams shouldn't have a counter to them.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    JasFonz wrote: »

Just spreading the discussion to a wider audience 😅. From what I understand the dr/malak team dominates this jka team on offense. Are you under geared? Under modded? What is stopping you from spamming jka with stun, and fear until you kill jolee?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

The 3po thing just got nerfed, get with the times bruh...
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    @Ninjah9 undergeared? Malak perhaps.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/973286493/
    Modded? Pretty **** ok to get 1. No, I see what you mean but rng sometimes can be a real B@“&$
  • that pay 2 win player whining is such so cute.

"when u pay 500 dollars for a character he needs to be good at something"

lmao.

It did?

l5ndm36scp2o.png

This was just last week so I guess it could have and I just missed it.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »

nice!

Thanks for posting this.
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

It did?

l5ndm36scp2o.png

Yes it did get nerfed via Finn, what you’re running is a completey different team so no reason to be so smug and arrogant. That team is not nearly as fun to run as the original Finn one...

He didn’t mention Finn, he mentioned 3PO. So his statement stands correct.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Shaddes wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

It did?

l5ndm36scp2o.png

Yes it did get nerfed via Finn, what you’re running is a completey different team so no reason to be so smug and arrogant. That team is not nearly as fun to run as the original Finn one...

The quote in question was:

And the response was:

I see no reference to Finn.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    We complain because it's advertised as a 'strategy' game, there is no strategy if a FTP has no chance against a whale

There’s no strategy in paying money, either.
  • My thoughts on malak were: Oh yeah he distroys Cls! Suck it Revan haters!
    Jk. All aside hes decent. decent in arena, decent at everything. Is he worth 500$? Frankly, no but he is fun
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • How does Malak cost $500? Or anything for that matter.

Some people were more prepared than others and it may have cost $500 If you weren't prepared at all but for some it was just a small gear allocation to get the 10 characters to 17.5K GP

Some people were more prepared than others and it may have cost $500 If you weren't prepared at all but for some it was just a small gear allocation to get the 10 characters to 17.5K GP

And More people got Malak the first time than Revan.
  • What I particularly appreciated about the event, as someone who unlocked Malak, was that we went through the hardest and most demanding event in the game's history in order to unlock a 'super legendary' character at 5*. Which we then have to buy shards for to get to 7* using GET.

And then CG, a week later, suggest saving up GET for the new TB. Awesome! Thanks CG. So get Malak and be at a disadvantage for future toons in the GET store.
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Guild has had 8 people leave the game since Malek so CG knows what they are doing for sure.

And More people got Malak the first time than Revan.

Source?
    It certainly doesnt feel like that on my shard. We have like 20 malaks, and had around 50 jkrs the first time it launched.