Anyone else having a similar issue?

I've been trying to gear up jedi revan and jolee for a while but I keep hitting a wall when it comes to locating mk5 athakam medpac components. They never show up anywhere except in daily or weekly shipments or as raid rewards but I dont have the crystals to constantly buy them and farming for them is worse when I'm trying to deal with shard farming. Anyone else seem to have this similar issue? Of all the gear salvage I need this one seems to be the most elusive.

Replies

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    That's the resource management part of the game. What gear pieces are in short supply depends on where in the game you are. If you are in a very active guild (running 6-7 raids per week) you'll find those pieces arent such a problem. What is your GP, activity level, and current guild activity?
  • My guild can easily run a raid almost once a day, 2 almost as regularly. I participate in all of them and have a decent assortment of well developed gear 11 and 12 toons. While I've noticed a rather irritating poor income of the gear 12+ salvage I need to polish off some toons it's this one piece that seems to never show up. I've spent most of my effort working on farming shards for my Darth revan team and using the leftover energy to farm for this gear but the grind is slow and since 2 important toons need it I'm at a loss.
  • i often find the parts for it, in shipments - i think 25 of them cost 375 crystals, and i often see that part in shard store - 5 of them for 210 shards or something similar to that.
  • Yeah shard store is my go to place for that kind of stuff but I dont think I've ever seen it in my store
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You are pressing find in the wrong spot.
    Here is where you press to find the component :
    qbccsuldcjlx.jpg
    That brings you here:
    msguqte0qzqj.jpg
    If you press here it will only show you raids and the store if they are there:
    g7d0mxftndv8.jpg

• I know that's how I look for it on the regular. It's just the matter of the item dropping from battles or showing up in raid rewards/ shops that's the issue for me.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Oh man, wait until you start running out of the challenge piece for the gold eyeballs (mk8 biotech) and have to start blowing your guild coins and shard currency on both halves.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I actually save most of my currencies from shard and guild for those. Since most of my work usually only focuses around 2 toon gearing at a time ( when one gear isn't available I look for something else) as to ensure some work is getting done to improve my squads.