Can The Zeta Situation Be Improved?

Prev1345678
Dear CG,

While everyone loves character reworks and gets excited to gear up their characters to try new team compositions, one problem remains: zetas.

At most it seems that we can accumulate enough mats to zeta a character every 2-3 weeks. However, this month already we've had Malak (2 zetas), Ahsoka (1), and GK (1). This outpaces our ability to be able to fully utilize these characters. If we make a list and start it off with these, by the time we do a couple, even more new characters and new zetas will be out. This makes it nearly impossible to keep pace with the newer characters and make progress on any older characters that we may like, the "luxury" zetas. I feel like I will never get the chance to go back and do EP or Vader's unique or any of JTR zetas besides the lead.

We need more events that drop guaranteed zeta mats, and it would be great if the zeta challenges could be more consistently rewarding instead of consistently zero.

Replies

• I think the Zeta rate is fine. Dont try to put Zetas on everyone, you have to be selective. I've also had different luck with the drop rates from challenges because I never finish a challenge day without getting at least one.
    Dont forget the fleet store gives you the opportunity to buy them.
  • Dont get your hopes up. As much as this would be a nice addition especially to me since it takes me forever to zeta a single toon, there is no way in hell that devs would make something like zeta farming easier for us unless they made it an item we could purchase for real cash. Even then they probably wouldn't seeing that for as long as zeta have been around now and none of the devs have bothered to see how much of a rise in profit this could potentially bring in.
  • Thin_Liz_217
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    We get more opportunities to receive zetas now than ever before, but I wouldn’t mind one more way or two to get them.

With so many new characters and reworks being released, as well as the need for very solid team comps that require them to be equipped on leaders or key support in tw, ga, and I assume the upcoming Tb, it is a big crunch even if you’re selective these days.

• We have the wicket and talzin event, they can just put those on rotation more.
  • I agree with changing the challenges to drop at least one guaranteed zeta everytime that would help out so much right now I've gotten one in fourteen tries that is ridiculous. I think that small change would make such a huge improvement they wouldn't have to deal with these complaints anymore too it's a win win!!!!
  • With zeta drops remember everyone gets them. So if you are looking to “catch up” you never will.

I do understand that it’s frustrating to need/want more zetas but this is from an older time from this game-

It’s terrible for everyone = balanced
  • My question is why is it the only challenge that you might not get any of. If you at least get one everytime it will be the same as the others.
  • Thin_Liz_217
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Exactly. Take both revan teams as one example, including Malak. What is that, about 200 mats just to get those teams maxed?

Kind of rough to get them to full potential, and that’s just two squads.

Throw in the malak requirements, if you’re inclined to zeta because some of those characters have good viability in other game modes, I think you may be looking at another 80.

Pretty nuts.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The zeta rate is fine. It’s okay to be patient.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    Zeta rate is fine I keep a couple for emergency
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I do think giving the Wicket and MT event more each month would help.

The Zeta rate is alright but could be better. The problem is all the Meta content coming out and you are sorta “forced” to Zeta Darth Revan if you want to remain competitive. That’s 8 Zetas with Malak. Keep in mind we had to not too long ago do Jedi Revan and his crew as well. Many toons that could be useful will never see a Zeta even if it’s a good one because the game dictates the Meta on what you need to Zeta. So toons like Ashoka and GK for now are on the back burner until you get the Sith Empire Zetaed. The Meta could change by then and when you wanted to do the luxury or fun Zetas you actually can’t. That’s the problem.
  • I wish they would just make less zeta abilities in general. Not every character needs one and a lot of them are totally pointless or could be omegas instead.
  • Only put a zeta on a character if you’re absolutely certain that’s what you want to do. Do that and you’ll see that zeta rates are fine
  • I personally don't feel zeta's are a problem, I find it very hard to stay on top of enough omega's.
  • Got over 70 Zeta's, omegas are the issue
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Zeta rarity is what makes them so valuable. What you do with them helps differentiate you from others.

No.

Zeta mats on their own are useless. They're valued because of the opportunities they can unlock when applied to a particular character.

So you're telling me, they're useless although they are used? 100 IQ
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Zeta rarity is what makes them so valuable. What you do with them helps differentiate you from others.

No.

Zeta mats on their own are useless. They're valued because of the opportunities they can unlock when applied to a particular character.

So you're telling me, they're useless although they are used? 100 IQ

100 IQ is the exact average intelligence. This insult of yours is 80 IQ.
  • Those if you stating that the zeta rate is fine and it is really a resource management issue need to get your head out of the sand. Once upon a time, a single zeta was enough for a whole team. Then you got characters like Thrawn and R2 that made 2 Zetas functional. They then launched the Phoenix team Zetas and told us to "try" a few - as if you could afford to place a zeta on a whim. Fast forward to Greivous' team last month (6 Zetas) and Darth Revan's this month (8 Zetas!) and it is obvious there is a supply issue.

I have 70 zeta'd abilities, but still have some that I have passed over and at this rate will probably never get since it looks like having 5 Zetas banked is the new smart normal.

They don't need to go crazy with the zeta flow, but an increase is necessary. If they would simply add one to the daily quest box for level 85, that would probably rectify the issue, although having challenges guarantee 1 zeta or omega (for each respective ability mats challenge) would be warranted as well.

With more and more pvp game modes, this needs to happen. Even more so due to the fact that they refuse to monetize Zetas.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Indigø wrote: »

We need more events that drop guaranteed zeta mats, and it would be great if the zeta challenges could be more consistently rewarding instead of consistently zero.

The drop rate from challenges is slightly higher than 50%. That's fine.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    rdufield wrote: »
    My question is why is it the only challenge that you might not get any of. If you at least get one everytime it will be the same as the others.

With a drop rate of slightly above 50%, you even out at slightly more than one zeta material every day the challenge appears.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Rockstar wrote: »
    Those if you stating that the zeta rate is fine and it is really a resource management issue need to get your head out of the sand. Once upon a time, a single zeta was enough for a whole team. Then you got characters like Thrawn and R2 that made 2 Zetas functional. They then launched the Phoenix team Zetas and told us to "try" a few - as if you could afford to place a zeta on a whim. Fast forward to Greivous' team last month (6 Zetas) and Darth Revan's this month (8 Zetas!) and it is obvious there is a supply issue.

Once upon a time there were no mythic events and no zeta material income from there.
    Once upon a time there were no territory wars and no zeta material income from there.
    Once upon a time there were no grand arenas and no (occasional) zeta materials from there.
    Once upon a time the drop rate from the zeta challenge was 33% and not slightly above 50% as it is now.
    Once upon a time we didn't have 7* wickets and Talzin to win zeta materials from their events.

The zeta material income rate has increased quite a bit since 'once upon a time'.

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    I did a discussion about this same issue not too long ago. They reduced the amount of days the "defense of dathomir" event ran, and then released like thirty new characters with zeta abilities; many of which are required to make the team run properly i.e b1 battle droid. At this point it would be impossible to zeta older character, as they keep releasing newer characters with zeta requirements. I suggested that some of the older, and less significant Zetas (i.e B1 battle droid) be switched to omega abilities.

It does suck that they reduced DOD to 1 day. But on the other hand they have been pretty consistently rewarding Zetas for GA, which I think is awesome! I just wish Zetas were rewards for every GA. I love the fact that you can "earn" them through battle!
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Those if you stating that the zeta rate is fine and it is really a resource management issue need to get your head out of the sand. Once upon a time, a single zeta was enough for a whole team. Then you got characters like Thrawn and R2 that made 2 Zetas functional. They then launched the Phoenix team Zetas and told us to "try" a few - as if you could afford to place a zeta on a whim. Fast forward to Greivous' team last month (6 Zetas) and Darth Revan's this month (8 Zetas!) and it is obvious there is a supply issue.

Once upon a time there were no mythic events and no zeta material income from there.
    Once upon a time there were no territory wars and no zeta material income from there.
    Once upon a time there were no grand arenas and no (occasional) zeta materials from there.
    Once upon a time the drop rate from the zeta challenge was 33% and not slightly above 50% as it is now.
    Once upon a time we didn't have 7* wickets and Talzin to win zeta materials from their events.

The zeta material income rate has increased quite a bit since 'once upon a time'.

Once upon a time there were very few zeta abilities and one or two gave you a whole team. Now each new team requires an average of 6 to be functional.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Once upon a time there were very few zeta abilities and one or two gave you a whole team. Now each new team requires an average of 6 to be functional.

So? Once you slap a zeta on someone it's done forever. They've increased the zeta gain by more than enough to compensate. Folks are just being impatient.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I don't mind there being one resource in the game that comes slowly for everyone and can't be bought.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• We have the wicket and talzin event, they can just put those on rotation more.

They used to last 2 days and they changed to one, so doesn't look they want that source to help as much
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

That doesn't change the fact, that zeta income has improved significantly, which @Rockstar seemed to overlook/ignore.