Will Malak even return?

Prev1
I really want malak, but i wasnt ready for the event. I'm sure there are people out there that had the same problem.

You guys think the event will come around again?

Replies

• Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    No
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    As hilarious as it would be for this to be the one and only time a character is completely unobtainable ever again.... that’s not how the game works.
  • Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Liath wrote: »
    As hilarious as it would be for this to be the one and only time a character is completely unobtainable ever again.... that’s not how the game works.

They didnt exactly follow the kotor story either.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    August.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    No, because what's the point of spending weeks - months to make something for it to never be seen again?
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    No, because what's the point of spending weeks - months to make something for it to never be seen again?

Im assuming you're being sarcastic
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    I'm wondering if ppl will get more shards for completing it a second time, if they have him at 5*
  • Machinist wrote: »
    I really want malak, but i wasnt ready for the event. I'm sure there are people out there that had the same problem.

You guys think the event will come around again?

It would be unprecedented if they never brought him back again. I think it's more a question of will they make the timeframe as small as they did the first time. I don't think it will matter as much considering we will have plenty of time to power up our characters, but having just 2 days to do it might screw over people who might be away at that time, be somewhere there's no connection, or just will be too busy to put in the hours to get malak.
  • Guess then ima start buffin up the old republic crew
  • Laz wrote: »
    August.

As sarcastic as this may be, it’s actually not a bad guess
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    It will be before August.
    If they wait until August there is going to be way too many F2P Malaks around. They will release it before so that they can maximize money from dolphins and small whales that did not spend first time around.
  • Beyond me how you wonder if it will be back again or not. I mean people talk about quitting for various reasons in this game but pretty sure a good 40% or more would leave if they wasn’t allowed to have malek lol
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Got him to 35/85 today, exactly 150 to go - the amount awarded to begin with. Back to hoarding GET in preparation for Geonosis. If he comes back in the meantime, awesome. If not, at least I will have a choice.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    I'm wondering if ppl will get more shards for completing it a second time, if they have him at 5*

Probably not. I think it'll work like any other Legendary or Journey event and you'll get one shot. Maybe some day they'll do a mythic version, but even that would likely give gear and mods, not shards.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Laz wrote: »
    August.

Lol, I thought this was over.

It’ll be ANY time SoonTM
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Gannon wrote: »
    You could replay the battle unlimited number of times after completing it and get nothing, which is what is most likely going to happen
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Machinist wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

They didnt exactly follow the kotor story either.
    And ? What does that matter. Who cares about that unoriginal dribble.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Laz wrote: »
    August.
    That's... actually plausible. My bet would be July, but August wouldn't be too far off the mark.
    Still not a he.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Would make sense to run it at the weekend for 2 days each time a Revan event ends.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    I wish they'd move him to the guild event store without the event. I was to get Malak, but will likely 7* him at the same time as those awaiting his return. Very Dumb. Especially if this event will be the norm.

I've been suspicious that they might do this too. It would make him F2P accessible without flooding the holotable with him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they do bring the event back because otherwise it'll take years to max him
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Would make sense to run it at the weekend for 2 days each time a Revan event ends.

I should have elaborated. I say this for 3 reasons:

- the money to be made from Malak dwindles every day as people get closer to the requirements. Even those without JKR and/or DRevan know they can get Malak by just taking the OR/SE toons a few gear tiers higher.

- storywise, the event should now be broken up and the LS Starforge run the Friday - Sun after JKR event. The DS Starforge event after DRevan. That keeps exclusivity too as there will be 2 months between.

- he's a 5 star unlock with a farm. Keeping him locked this way for 3-6 months doesn't make much sense given the length of subsequent farm and also new toons and reworks will probably superseded him before most have 7*.
  • jfears2
    186 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I'll never own him myself but I wouldn't mind him not returning. The choice is easy for me, be part of the problem or the solution. I choose to be the solution. JKR will never get a spot on this roster, never. adto8cr9vh8h.jpg

I envy your non-completionist mindset, I however am a completionist at heart and must follow the herd :neutral:

z1p61j8yew8c.jpg
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Every character in the game by the time Malak returns...
    ojymqxcaunx7.jpeg
  • I'd imagine it'll be longer than the return of any character ever in this game. Possibly even a year. I doubt he will coincide with Darth revans return