Can someone please explain how this is accomplished without an infinite loop...

Ninjah9
906 posts Member
CG is clearly against infinite loops that trivializes end game content. So nerfing Finn was justified because he along with 3po were racking up scores identical to this new 3po team configuration. So what's next? A nerf to CLS? A nerf directly to 3po? Assuming there is no way that these scores are achieved without an infinite loop, I really have to say that the developers handling of gameplay has been super sloppy, and mindboggling lately. Maybe before coming up with new ways to force players into panic buys, you guys should be focusing on the quality of the products you are selling...ghuuoou0ixno.jpg

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Personally, if someone manages to get the RNG to get to a second topple, and has the patience to sit for the best part of an hour or more to manually run P3 (can't auto it with that team), they deserve a decent score. That's without taking into account they've geared the carb-fest that is SRP.

Though I'll concede the point, it's just a different, though definitely more dull and painstaking, version of the same thing.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Personally, if someone manages to get the RNG to get to a second topple, and has the patience to sit for the best part of an hour or more to manually run P3 (can't auto it with that team), they deserve a decent score. That's without taking into account they've geared the carb-fest that is SRP.

Though I'll concede the point, it's just a different, though definitely more dull and painstaking, version of the same thing.

Exactly, cg wouldn’t nerf this.

Don’t know why people are getting excited or worried about it.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Meant to add, if you want to know how the team works, it's explained quite well here: https://youtu.be/aptc7itbJxg
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Tactyou wrote: »

Exactly, cg wouldn’t nerf this.

Don’t know why people are getting excited or worried about it.

I haven't personally seen how it works, but I saw the score, and knew some kind of loop must be involved. I am very competitive about raids, and have invested a lot of time, and recources in my raid teams. So that's why I would get "excited" about this. It annoys me that a player can get an impossibly high score using an infinite loop, no matter how long it takes to achieve. I personally spend at least a couple of hours per raid to achieve my scores.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Meant to add, if you want to know how the team works, it's explained quite well here: https://youtu.be/aptc7itbJxg

Thanks I'll check it out.
  • They could actually nerf this with a slight buff to the character, all the would need to do would be give more potency at lower levels, if I remember right this has to do with tm from resisted buffs.
  • Personally, if someone manages to get the RNG to get to a second topple, and has the patience to sit for the best part of an hour or more to manually run P3 (can't auto it with that team), they deserve a decent score. That's without taking into account they've geared the carb-fest that is SRP.

If you have a weak C3PO you don’t need the 2nd topple, and can also run Han or Farmboy Luke instead of SRP. Much less RNG needed and I’ve had people tell me they can get it done in just over 30 minutes.

Unfortunately I can’t verify, because my C3PO is nearly maxed, which is a far bigger problem (Zombie 2.0) than any infinite or near infinite loop.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

If you have a weak C3PO you don’t need the 2nd topple, and can also run Han or Farmboy Luke instead of SRP. Much less RNG needed and I’ve had people tell me they can get it done in just over 30 minutes.

Unfortunately I can’t verify, because my C3PO is nearly maxed, which is a far bigger problem (Zombie 2.0) than any infinite or near infinite loop.

Gotta be nuts not to have geared Threepio though.

I enjoyed the video, thanks for making it.
  • If they don’t do anything about this (which I don’t think they should), then it kind of proves to us that they weren’t being completely honest about nerfing Finn to fix his raid loop...
  • StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    If they don’t do anything about this (which I don’t think they should), then it kind of proves to us that they weren’t being completely honest about nerfing Finn to fix his raid loop...

Their continued silence on the subject has made it abundantly clear that they don't actually care about infinite loops. It's just a convenient scapegoat when they want to take a good raid team away from us.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    CG is clearly against infinite loops that trivializes end game content. So nerfing Finn was justified because he along with 3po were racking up scores identical to this new 3po team configuration. So what's next? A nerf to CLS? A nerf directly to 3po? Assuming there is no way that these scores are achieved without an infinite loop, I really have to say that the developers handling of gameplay has been super sloppy, and mindboggling lately. Maybe before coming up with new ways to force players into panic buys, you guys should be focusing on the quality of the products you are selling...ghuuoou0ixno.jpg

There are truly infinite loops (which cannot break under any circumstances) or pseudo-infinite (can be infinite but still has exit points).

The example of the first case was the bug when Nihilus can steal NS zombie -100% speed "buff". Such cases obviously should be fixed in the more or less actual content (no one bother about Rancor).
    Almost all cases of STR loops are second case. NS Deathstorm can be infinite if you are lucky with post-enrage targeting, NS on P4 Nihilus can be infinite but also can break easily because of randomness of turn order at 100% TM, and so on.

I think when they look at semi-infinite loops they are trying to measure how easily it can be set up and controlled. Easy cases (get a bunch of proper characters and hit auto) are nerfed. Hard cases (hard to setup, no auto, some amount of luck to be infinite) - not always.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    @StarSon I think, unfortunately, you're pretty correct. They don't want to nerf Legendary characters. Fixing this particular loop would require adjusting (negatively) C3PO or CLS.

And yeah say what you will about Palpatine/Malak recently, but they didn't nerf Palp, they buffed Malak. Big difference. Palpatine still functions 100% as intended after the Malak buff.

Each time a loop has been created they've touched the minor character that is involved, not the shiny new big deal.
  • StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    nrck3x4lc8s7.jpg
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Here is a novel idea. Don't do anything except restrict c3p0 in entering HSTR. This run only works on low geared c3p0, so simply set the standard that p0 needs to be g10 to enter.
  • miketo wrote: »
    Here is a novel idea. Don't do anything except restrict c3p0 in entering HSTR. This run only works on low geared c3p0, so simply set the standard that p0 needs to be g10 to enter.

Or just leave it as is. A lower gear 3PO hurts you in every other area of the game and this squad is still gear-intensive and time-consuming.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    miketo wrote: »

This is wrong, you just need to make it to 2nd topple if your C3PO is geared.
  • Can someone explain to me the significance of an undergeared threepio? I can't think why this would be advantageous over a fully geared Threepio?
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Keeps the pieces off that add *potency. More resists = more TM under CLS.

Edit - autocorrect didn't put potency in there. Sorry.
  • Ahhh ok now I get it. Thanks.
  • It's a full loop yes but it's okay because u need a under geared toon to accomplish it. Full loops with maxed units are bad but if they are undergeared like paper zombie then it's all good. wait a minute... What?